PDA

View Full Version : Ork Boarding Planks

MasterM
08-06-2009, 05:37 AM
When modelling my latest Ork Trukk, question arose about Boarding Planks: when assaulting enemy vehicles with a transported mini, is the 2" measurement from the plank only (akin to a Wrecker Ball) or just from the vehicle hull? If it's just from the planks, then the rules don't say how many you get for the cost of the upgrade. Need some Warboss help! Thanks.

Dingareth
08-06-2009, 05:56 AM
When modelling my latest Ork Trukk, question arose about Boarding Planks: when assaulting enemy vehicles with a transported mini, is the 2" measurement from the plank only (akin to a Wrecker Ball) or just from the vehicle hull? If it's just from the planks, then the rules don't say how many you get for the cost of the upgrade. Need some Warboss help! Thanks.

For sanity's sake, I'd say the hull. Otherwise you'll have people with 24" Boarding Planks assaulting your tanks on the first turn... So I'd go with 2" from the hull.

MasterM
08-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Good point - that way lies madness. I was thinking of having adding a couple of Wrecker Balls on each side, but then you'd probably have to pay for another ball upgrade to be fair.

StrikerFox
08-06-2009, 06:24 AM
yup, going from the hull.. its just to basically say, you are getting AS close as you LEGALLY can.. without being within that 1" of the model.. XD you can touch.. but just the tip......

XD

MasterM
08-06-2009, 06:36 AM
LOL - yes just the tip....

good that way no rules lawyer can say I can't assault from the Trukk if the plank is modelled at the back when attacking from the front of the vehicle.