PDA

View Full Version : <Deep voice> TOOOOOOOOOOMB KIIINGS

Gooball
04-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey
Just gonna be taking my TK out for their first real battle tommorow and wondering if anyone has any advice?
I don't have much (barely 2k)
3 chariots 8 horsemen about 60 skeletons warriors a scorpion and a casket of souls
In the future going to get The Asp Queen and some tomb guard but in the meantime my tactics are < Put everything that fits on hill> <Shoot the crap out of things> <Use scorpion to kill warmachines> and thats about it..
So far ive only had lord bashes and a 500 point game with skeleton warriors :d
So.. any advice?

+will say how it goes :D

Mazelf
04-04-2010, 04:37 PM
advice: get some carrion!!!

good luck!

slxiii
04-04-2010, 04:47 PM
pretty much the same thing I do, though I would recommend you use as many TG as possible. Skeleton warriors disappoint 100% of the time in my experience, the only exception being Khalida and Asp bowmen. Normal bowmen really can't do much but kill skirmishers without asp, and HW/LA/Shield skellies just die in droves with no kill power.

DarkScience
04-05-2010, 06:19 AM
2 units of 12 archers, will be able to weaken units and reduce blocks of unit's rank bonus, etc....

i always take 2 liche priests, high liche priest and a tomb prince, tomb kings rely heavily on magic and a tomb prince is pretty hardcore on his own any way. Take the hieratic jar for one of the liche priests it comes in very handy when your opponent thinks he has stopped all your magic. Collar of saphesh for H liche priest gives him quite a bit of protection. If you have the points then try take enkils khanope.
Also keep all the liche priests in units for as long possible, they always get targeted, especially by lore of heavens.

Have a big unit of chariots (like say 8) and put your tomb prince in it, the unit should also try and take banner of undying legion, is a must. This unit packs some serious punch!

Screaming skull catapults are also amazing! Especially if you can take 2 (depends on if you want a casket or not) as with the magic you can get 4 shots out of them in your player turn!

Then use other point as u see fit, carrion can be good as can the tomb scorpions.

Good luck, and remember that your biggest weapons are fear and secrecy (i.e. dont tell people that you have a heiratic jar)

Gooball
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Well it went kinda ok :)
I was playing the scenario and had 600 points of TK and two heroes with no point limit so i had a casket of souls+Tomb prince in chariot a scorpion and skeletons.
Skeletons did nothing but camp an objective
Tomb prince died but took a High elf chariot with him
Only thing worth noting is the scorpion, which managed to maim three bolt throwers in the game and wound some white lions!
(I was playing with a skaven player against a HE player with double our points)
In the future going to roll with archers and khalida with catapult+casket of souls and some scorpions (Which will let me out-shoot most armies if i go ok with the scorpion)

Percival
05-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Am I the only person in the world that has never seen this movie?

Lemt
05-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Am I the only person in the world that has never seen this movie?

What movie?

From what I've heard, Khalida'd Asp bowmen are best used against elite or high-toughness units, to get the most out of poison. And a good tactic could be to use Scorpions to mess up the enemy casters, so you Casket won't be interrupted. The advantage of Catapults over the Casket is that they can't be dispelled, and you can get two shots out of each with some luck.

Gooball
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Well i'm going to shelf my Tomb Kings until the next army book comes out.
It's not that they're bad (Which they kinda are) it's just that everyone else seems to have really cheesy armys like Skaven with skrolk and 2 plague furnaces or whatever they are.
Lizardmen 4 stegadon list.
All mounted chaos warriors.
Basically. i can't win.

Dooley
07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
You cant win cus you dont have the models to play bigger games! Yeah Tomb Kings are a bit outdatted but with some time and money investment they could be a pretty fun army to play with! As Far as your opponents taking "Cheesy Armies" (When it comes to Skaven thats just called good tactics!) tell em you wnat to play a more balanced game and if they wouldnt mind altering their list so you can play wiht what you got and be somewhat competitive against it! Or just quit cus things arent going your way...ya know what ever!