PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Deathwing

Forrestfire
04-04-2010, 03:49 PM
So I'm playing in a league, and next week we're moving up to 1500 points a game. I'm running Dark Angels (Deathwing specifically) and I'm looking for some help designing an army list. The local metagame is mostly tyranids and marines, with a DE player and some orks.

Army List:

HQ = 275
-Belial, Master of the Deathwing w/ twin lightning claws
-Interrogator Chaplain w/ terminator armor

Elites = 57
-Allied Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
-->Inquisitor w/ emperor's tarot, combi-grenade launcher
-->2 Mystics

Troops = 1018
-Deathwing Terminator Squad
-->Sergeant w/ twin lightning claws
-->Standard Bearer w/ deathwing company banner, thunder hammer, storm shield, cyclone missile launcher
-->3 Terminators w/ twin lightning claws

-->Sergeant w/ power sword, storm bolter
-->Apothecary w/ narthecium/reductor, assault cannon, power fist
-->3 Terminators w/ powers fists, storm bolters

-->Sergeant w/ power sword, storm bolter
-->1 Terminator w/ powers fist, storm bolter, cyclone missile launcher
-->3 Terminators w/ powers fists, storm bolters

-Allied Grey Knights
-->Justicar w/ psychic hood, nemesis force weapon, storm bolter
-->2 Grey Knights w/ psycannons
-->3 Grey Knights w/ nemesis force weapons, storm bolters

Fast Attack = 150
-Ravenwing Attack Squadron
-->Sergeant w/ melta bombs
-->1 Biker w/ plasma gun
-->1 Biker w/ meltagun

Total: 1500

Does anybody have any comments or critiques? Spot any gaping holes in the list?

eagleboy7259
04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Usually people only use the Inquisitors to get access to psychic hoods and that nonsense, but considering your local meta I don't know if that would be any use to you. If you have your heart set on him, then you could always suit him up in terminator armor like the big boys and give him a hammer, combi-plasma / melta or something around those lines.

I don't understand the use of the Grey Knights squad in your army, are they troops or did you mean the Teleport Attack? Either way Grey Knights in power armor are awful. I have seen some people use the Grey Knights Grand Master + Retinue to get access to the old school force weapon and hood, which might be something to look at. S6 power weapons do a heck of a lot more than just S6 close combat weapons.

The Ravenwing Attack Squad is off too, its not really set up for any one roll. I would either do 2x melta / plasma and then the appropriate attack bike with it. It might be worthwhile to run this set up as Ravenwing and then a Deathwing as you can outflank bikes, pop tanks, and then deepstrike down as reserves roll in. However if you wanted to do a more pure Deathwing then I would make room for 1 or 2 Venerable Dreadnoughts w/ MM, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor, Drop Pod. Its not as good as other chapter's Dreadnoughts but it does help out with the anti-tank situation a lot.

DarkLink
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Nah, don't take a tooled up Inquisitor. He will fail you. Anything an Inquisitor can do, a Space Marine can do better, for cheaper.

Inquisitors are for two things; mystics (anti-deepstrike) and

While I disagree that PAGK are horrible (just overpriced), I will agree that a unit of GK's will be better. Either take a Grand Master with a psychic hood and terminator retinue as a second HQ (drop the chaplain and PAGK for that) or replace the PAGK with a unit of GK Terminators. 4 Terminators is 199pts, conveniently.

I will point out a severe lack of anti-tank. An assault cannon, cyclone missile launcher and single melta and plasma guns probably won't cut it in 1500pts.

eagleboy7259
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Agreed on the Inquistor bit, I would never use an DA assault terminator squad to deep strike, and I mean never. I would however do a mixed squad with some powerfists and lightning claws but there is always a good chance that you could deepstrike too far away to ever get any use out of them.