PDA

View Full Version : help with adapted combat patrol tournament list

12tonape
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
at my local store we're going to run an adapted version of adepticon's combat patrol tournament. In our tournament it will be a 500 pt. limit rather than 400, no vehicles with an combined armor of 33 or more, no models with more than 2 wounds, no psychic abilities requiring a psychic test, only a 1 troop compulsory choice and no compulsory hq but an option of taking 1 hq if desired, we're doing entirely annihilation/ kill points with a 4minute turn limit.

All in all it sounds like it could be very fun and a good 2nd tournament for me t take part in with my wolves. so I've got a couple of lists I figured I'd post for critique and overall just to get some opinions of what you senior wolves would do.

LIST 1

iron priest: t-wolf mount, 4 cyber wolves, wolf tooth necklace

t-wolf cavalry x 1: storm shield, thunder hammer

grey hunters x 10: 2 flamers, wolfen, power fist

whirlwind

land speeder tornado x 1: 2 heavy bolters

LIST 2

lone wolf: tda, 2 wolves, chain fist, storm shield

lone wolf: tda, 2 wolves, thunder hammer, storm shield

lone wolf: tda, 2 wolves 2 wolf claws

grey hunters x10: 2 meltas, wolfen, power fist, wolf standard

LIST 3

lone wolf: tda, 2 wolves, chain fist, storm shield

lone wolf: tda, 2 wolves, thunder hammer, storm shield

grey hunters x 10: 2 meltas, wolfen, power fist, wolf standard

whirlwind

LIST 4

land speeder tornado x 2: heavy bolters and assault cannons

long fangs x 6: 3 heavy bolters, 2 missle launchers

grey hunters x 10: 2 meltas, power fist, wolfen

I have some other lists but at this point these are the front runners. Any opinions or critiques are more than welcome in fact please tell me what you think.

12tonape
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I will take help from literally anyone, not too sound like only space wolves players replies are wanted which may have been the case.

Any way i am really feeling the iron Priest list but I'm afraid he's a glass hammer that a power weapon will just instantly take out thoughts. also do you guys think that lone wolves are too risky in a kill points tourney? Seeing as how they may cost me some points and cause a loose???

codiddy
04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Throw them directly at your opponent so he has no choice but to kill them and give you the point. if he ignores three lone wolfs he's in trouble

12tonape
04-05-2010, 11:09 AM
i THOUGHT AS MUCH AS WELL SIR.

Just worried on what to take either firepower speed or killpoint denial. I'd like to take a mixture of all of the above landspeeders rock as do whirlwinds in this type of environment but what to take with them and survive. or hopefully win.

I've only been playing for a few months and so far did marginally well in 1 tournament but by marginally well I mean 8th out of 15. And in those few months of playing I've literally only played like 8 times and most of those being kill team with sky claws etc. mostly a hobbyist and would love to change that by winning a little here and there.

Any more help would be lovely guys I'm practicing here in a few hours.