PDA

View Full Version : casual yet usable flesh tearers

Shagrath
04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Well heres the list I've been messing with lately:

Seth- because no one seems to be running him (oddly) so far has killed helbrect and azrael

honor guard- chapter banner blood champion razorback lascannons

assault marines- 2 squads of 10 in rhinos a power fist and two meltas apiece (depending on games size infernus pistols)

more assault marines- 2 squads of 5 in lascannon razorbacks power weapon and meltagun per squad (sang priest per squad)

at 1375 points it leaves a chunk that I've had some pause about...Not sure what to do.. For now 5 man jump pack assault squad with power weapon and melta

at 2000 points add the infernus pistols and maybe corbelo with a little point tinkering, then add 2 baals and vindis

or mephiston or sanguinor

I could feasibly throw in a librarian with might of heroes into the honor guard squad to use seth as a battering ram.

so far this list has done pretty well...Swept a deathwing list...

Needs more testing

pchappel
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
My Mechanized FT list is fairly similar, but I tend to use TLAC in the Razorbacks... I'll likely run CM Seth in a Land Raider just for the "Assault" option... I'm not 100% sold on the 10 man units, at least not all of them. Also a Wolf player, so the lack of WG in the Squad hurts, here it'll be the Sang Priest (Medic)...

I'm also having some good luck with FNP Scouts... Good backfield defense or objective holders more often than not...

Tynskel
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
wow, I haven't thought about FNP scouts-- that sounds great!

I have been thinking about ways to get Locator Beacons out in front for Deep Striking Land Raiders/Stormravens.

Shagrath
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
The main strategy is a static advance at high speeds across the table. This will eventually lead to my assault units with buffs getting interspersed throughout my opponent's army. Seth is there for those hard to reach places with his 6 attacks on the charge due to chapter banner(doubles as an ic killer/can opener). I had a land raider for Seth in the army earlier but figured a razorback is cheaper and will buy me more bodies/ tanks. 38 guys and 5 tanks at 1500 is not terrible.

At 2000 the baals and vindis will distract, while the rest of my army advances and hopefully gets stuck in.

joescalise
04-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I love using Seth, I just hate the little wings on the fig. It looks like he is part Cherub.

Shagrath
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Hate the head so much...Need convert