PDA

View Full Version : Fallhammer/warout

Cudgel
12-10-2015, 01:43 PM
After running into the first BoS knight in fallout 4 all I can think about is a Bethesda made Warhammer 40k RPG. Ok well to be honest an Obsidian Warhammer 40k game.

Think of it a warzone with a few Imperial Guard bunkers and maybe a hidden eldar base to find, Genestealers, hunting down Chaos cults. Different classes to play; Space Marine, Imperial Guard (hard mode), assassin, get to choose new sub classes through special quests like dreadnought or a chaplain. The Guard players could get command of a tank, or go commando. Turn to chaos!

/Coffee rant

Pastgamer
11-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Could be interesting but I fear the 40k universe is a little bit "shallow" from a storytelling point of view for a proper RPG... The thing that made Fallout (and any good RPG) great is that it's totally plausible, and the people you meet somewhat resemble human beings. I don't see that happening in a world full of genetically engineered killing machine clones.

Morgrim
11-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Could be interesting but I fear the 40k universe is a little bit "shallow" from a storytelling point of view for a proper RPG... The thing that made Fallout (and any good RPG) great is that it's totally plausible, and the people you meet somewhat resemble human beings. I don't see that happening in a world full of genetically engineered killing machine clones.

Play a good game of Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader. The tabletop RPGs made by FFG managed to be just as deep as other settings and in many ways fit better with the fluff. (Flak armour is useful! So are lasguns! Bolters are terrifying in the right hands. So are daemons unless your party is deliberately equipped to fight them.)