PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40K Dex: Ordo Sanctus Tempestas

Tacoo
04-06-2010, 04:28 AM
(name may change)

after thinking for a while i decided to post what i have been working on with my custom codex. Im still trying to figure some sorta fluff other then "Chaos did it!''. The entire army is based off of "auras' emited from the preachers of the army, that will intern enhace the troops of the army. thats the short of it, here is what a rundown of it is.

I actually started to work on a race that was all about passive auras, and followed a Knightly Order as a background standpoint

HQ
1. Paladin, in line with the more one man armiy thought, he is just a experienced knight with some special armour that makes him more "sensative" to the holy orders in the ranks

2.Preacher, channeles the abilties of the army, giving of the same auras that each squad gives off (the auras from the preacher and holy orders dont stack on each other, so no shinnagans of having a squad in range of a holy order and preacher, and gaining bonus auras from both). in times of extreme danger, the priest can "absorb" all the abilties, wich double there effectivness on him, but till your next turn, nnoe of your other units benefit from auras.

Elite
Holy orders squads of 3-6 members that give a bonus to all units within 12 inches, and you can take up to 3 for each elite slot, and cant have more then 2 of the same
1)+1 (any stat, but cant pick same stat more then twice)
2)ap -1 (so ap 6 becomes 5)
3)armour save +1
4) gun str +1
5)gun RoF+1(rapid fire then would fire 2 at long, 3 at short etc)
---^(stat modifiers)v(abilties, count as 1 choice all together, so may only pick 2)
6)twin linking nearby units
7)giving fearless
8)preferred enemie
9)FnP
10)relentless
11)invuln +1(if no invuln, add together the number of invuln auras they are near -7, that is there invuln save, you can not get better then a 2+)
12)living bomb(at anytime, choose 1 unit within range to be over loaded with power, to the point that they blow up, choose a model in that unit, and center a large blast over it, the blast does not scatter, and it affects both friendly and enemie models under the templat,
Str x(where x is number of models in the unit), ap y(ap is the number of auras the unit is effected by -7)

Troops
basic human statline, with a 5+ armour save, come in 2 varieties, shooty (str 3 ap6 rapid fire), and assault (pistol, ccw), can be cheap, but not receptive to auras (5 pts a model, 5-20 squad size, Inatiete level) , or normal, and recptive to auras (10 pts a model, squad size 5-10)

Dedicated transports

holy order transport
av 14 front, 14side, 11 rear, tank, no weapons, open toped
--basic idea would be a reltivily big transport, the kind u have a hard time hiding, with open ground in the middle to make it look like the holy order stand in a circle doing there prayers (auras)

-grunt transport
heavy armoured
-av 12 front, 12 side, 11 rear, tank, 1 fire point at front
light
-av 11 front, 10 side, 10 rear, tank, fast, open toped
----
Fast attack

jump pack version of troops with the option of buying a reception rod, making them be effected by all auras in 24 inches, 14 pts a model, 40 pts for recption rod

somthing akin to a land speeder, mainly for anti vechicle

Heavy suport
unit with space marine statline, 4+ armour save, 5+ invuln, str 5 ap6 assault 2 24 inch guns, can take las cannon equivalant, and Hb equivlant, roughly 35 pts a model

some sorta of a heavy tank
------

basic premise is a army that can field swarms of weak infantry, or a army that feels every lost unit dearly, that can start the game extremely terrifing, but end no stronger then guardsmen. it can go all the way down to 2 super squads that are t7 if desired (t3, +2 from elites, +2 from 2 chanaler hq) hardest thing is trying to figure out point cost
---

The biggest problem is figuring out point cost for the army, exspecially for the holy orders

-----
HQ
Palidan
pts-125
WS BS S T W I A LD SV
6 ..4 ..3 3 3 4 3 10 5+

Special rules
Stance: At the begining of each your turns, you may pick one stance to last till your next turn. you only gain the benefits of the stances while in melee (no fancy stance is not going to stop a battle cannon)
Earth
+2T
Fire
+1A, +1S
Wind
+1 I, +1WS
Water
For every attack that misses this model in melee, this model may immediatly make one attack back (to a maxinium of 5)

Wargear
Sword, wrist bow (rng 12 str 3 ap 6 Pistol)

may replace sword and/or wrist bow with the following
-Rapier (+2I)+10
-weighted sword (+1 str)+10
-Broad sword (+2 str, two handed)+10
-Light shield (4+ armour save when in combat, counts as a bonus ccw)+5
May take any of the following upgrades
-Power core (melee attacks ignore armour saves)+10
-Master crafted+5
-jump pack+25

Preacher
Pts-150
WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4.. 3 ..3 3 3 3 3 10 5+

Special rules
Conduit
-may act as a funnel for all the auras in your army that are still active. once per game, all auras only effect him, and he receives double that bonus till the controlling players next turn, at wich time the preacher in removed from play.

Wargear
sword, hand bow

May Take the following
Power core+10
jump pack+15
----------- <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Atrotos
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Presentation, Presentation, Presentation. Use tables, fonts and colors to break up text and organize your thoughts so that they're easier to read and comment on.

I love this idea but rules design is hard and concept design is even harder. I'm wondering if you have the creative fortitude to see this project through.

Gooball
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Ah the rules are there now you need to develop them!
work the codex out and playtest with a few friends, or get a few friends to go through the codex completely and rework some rules...
<Also if its an imperial force use imperial weapons! those "standard humans" should have lasguns and paladins in power armour with power weapons.>
Read through the witch hunters codex and daemon hunters and imperial guard as they would bear the most resemelance to this army.
Also http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1320029_Inq_Rulebook_part_1.pdf is the inquisitor rulebook and from page 47 onwards theres a lot of different gizmos gadgets and magix for you to look at :P all thats needed is to put it into 40k rules