PDA

View Full Version : What is the Space Hulk Bible?

odinsgrandson
04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
I was searching online for additional Space Hulk material, and I came across something called the Space Hulk Bible. (A google search for "Space Hulk Bible" will find the PDF in a number of different places).

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, I can't tell how much of it is newer fan made material, and how much of it is older, official Space Hulk 1st ed rules.

For example, the rules in it for Eldar, Terminator Captains, Space Marines in Power Armor, Grey Knights and for Imperial Guardsmen looks pretty legitimate.

But the rules for additional types of Tyranids looks like it could not have been made by GW (it includes rules for many 'nids that didn't exist until Space Hulk was way out of its first edition).

So, does anyone know where all of the Space Hulk Bible's material comes from?

Gotthammer
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Everything except the Tyranids are 1st ed rules. The Tyranids might be 2nd ed or homebrew.

Here's a good link to all the 'original' WD articles: http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/

odinsgrandson
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Ok, I have some more questions:

The Bible is a collection of White Dwarf and Citidel Journal articles, right? Does it have all of GW's Space Hulk content from White Dwarf?

Does it have anything from Genestealer or Deathwing? I saw some references to hybrids and psionics rules, but I didn't see the full rules set.

Commander Dante
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Ok, I have some more questions:

The Bible is a collection of White Dwarf and Citidel Journal articles, right? Does it have all of GW's Space Hulk content from White Dwarf?

Does it have anything from Genestealer or Deathwing? I saw some references to hybrids and psionics rules, but I didn't see the full rules set.

The 'Space Hulk Bible' is a homespun collection that compiles most of the 1st edition rules, and a few write-in's from Citadel Journal #5 (eldar).

It is clearly a fan-created document, that takes many illustrations from Space Hulk, Deathwing, and Genestealer.

Some of the Bible's rules for Tyranids are adapted from Advanced Space Crusade, and the Imperial Guard rules come from Citadel Journal #25 and #34 for 2nd edition.

Other deviations from official rules I've noticed are:

- 'Genestealer ganging up rule' which gives a +1 for every 'Stealer surrounding a model.

- Securing entry areas officially cost 0AP, whereas the Bible says 1AP.

- Some states for hero characters which are not officially provided for (such as chaplains, Inquisitors, etc..)

Official rules and updates from White Dwarf are linked to in the 'Rules Authority Thread' which also contains a link to the 'Space Hulk Bible'.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=5853

Rules for Eldar & Harlequins are provided in their respective threads from the main forum, straight out of Citadel Journal.

Full rules for Deathwing and Genestealer are available somewhere online in pdf, if you google it.

Death to the heretics! Purge the vessel!