PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle vs Tzeentch 1500pts

Juju
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Im debating on which list to try next. My plans for both are the same. Rush my deamon princes toward the enemy to wreak havoc. Ill drive my two marine squads close to the enemy then deploy my summon deamons into the enemies face hopefully on turn two or three. After that ill drive my marines back to objectives closer to my board edge to hold them. My nurgle list is a bit more withstanding with more models, but less tank killing things. My tzeentch list has plenty of bolts of change to destroy enemy tanks with no problem, but has a few more models. The oblits in both lists will take pot shots at the beginning of the game to try and kill stuff that can hurt my rhinos or anything that will drop pie plates on my summoned deamons. What do you guys think?

Here are my lists:

2x 1 Daemon Prince @ 200 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless; Wings; Bolt of Change (x1); Mark of Tzeentch; Warptime (x1)

2x 7 Thousand Sons @ 286 Pts
Bolter; Fearless; Slow and Purposeful; Inferno Bolts; Personal Icon; Mark of Tzeentch; Rhino
1 Aspiring Sorceror @ [85] Pts
Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon; Fearless; Bolt of Change; Inferno Bolts; Mark of Tzeentch
1 Rhino @ [35] Pts
Twin Linked Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

15 Summoned Lesser Daemon @ 195 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless

14 Summoned Lesser Daemon @ 182 Pts

2x 1 Obliterators @ 75 Pts
Power Fist; Obliterator Weapons; Fearless; Slow and Purposeful

Total Roster Cost: 1499

OR

2x 1 Daemon Prince @ 175 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless; Wings; Mark of Nurgle; Warptime (x1)

2x 9 Plague Marines @ 267 Pts
Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Blight Grenades; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Fearless; Feel No Pain; Personal Icon; Mark of Nurgle; Rhino
1 Rhino @ [55] Pts
Twin Linked Bolter; Daemonic Possession; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

2x 15 Summoned Lesser Daemon @ 195 Pts

3x 1 Obliterators @ 75 Pts
Power Fist; Obliterator Weapons; Fearless; Slow and Purposeful

Total Roster Cost: 1499

Chumbalaya
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Neither is particularly good, you've sunk a ton of points into upgrades for expendable Rhinos and lesser Daemons. Nurgle would be better by virtue of Plague Marines, but you'll need more armor to keep those Rhinos from getting popped. Dakka Pred works wonders.

mkerr
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Juju, thanks for posting the lists and I think you are asking the right questions.

I do have a couple of comments for you:

1. Don't bother putting down all of the points and Army Builder text (e.g., I know that your Daemon Prince is Fearless and it doesn't matter that he has a close combat weapon). Just list the unit and the upgrades you purchased -- the people who give good advice don't need more than that.

2. I think you'd enjoy a bit more variety in your lists. Running up two Daemon Princes in a 1500pt game is going to get boring quick.

3. I'd go with two 10-man summoned lesser daemons (instead of the 29 that you have) and use those extra points on something else -- maybe a third Obliterator.

These may be effective at 1500pts (I'm not sure how they'd handle IG, who have a good counter for everything in your list), but they feel like they'd be very boring to play.

Best o' luck!

-- MKerr