PDA

View Full Version : 1650 Blood Angels

synack
04-06-2010, 12:43 PM
We play 1650 my side of the world. I've gone for a pretty conservative list, not much in the way of the "flasy" characters. I've rather opted for a high model count, really geared for capturing objectives and ways of dealing with armour.

Librarian 175
- Epistolary
- Jump pack
- Blood lance
- Unleash Rage

Assault Squad (10) 315
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Priest
--- Power Fist

Assault Squad (7) 120
- Thunder Hammer
- Melta

Assault Squad (10) 255
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Rhino

Assault Squad (10) 255
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Rhino

Assault Squad (10) 240
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer

Baal Pred 115

Baal Pred 115

As you can see, plenty of STR doubling weapons. On the off chance I don't penetrate with the thunder hammers, I'm almost guareteed auto hits the next round. Monsterous creatures are going to have a hard to time striking at I1 in any flowing assault phases. Plenty of meltas too for added dealing with armour.

The idea is to reserve everything, assess what my opponent does with deployment and then deep stike in/flank. Since deep striking only scatter d6, I should be easily able to get in range with the melta 12" range. If I'm esspectially luck, within 2d6 for the extra d6 penetration roll

Blood lance is just too good not to take, which is why I opted for the Librarian. Stick him in the Assault squad with the priest. Blood lance auto hits(As I read it, could be wrong), so any armour cought in it's path is going to potentially take a beating on 4+ or less. Could be a real problem for IG lists that like to bunch up their vechiles. Then with Unleash The rage, the whole squad rerolls to-hit since they get prefered Enemy. With the priest in tow, they get reroll to wound too + feel no pain. The squad might not be Death Company, but the only thing missing is the extra attack.

The Rhino squads are for taking objective on my side of the board, keeping them in reserve for long as possible, then rushing out and dealing pain onto anything close enough.

The preds are for ripping up troops at range and just being a general nuscience

It's my first go at a competetive list, so comments welcome. I'm toying with the idea of dropping the thunder hammers to power fists and using the extra points and swapping the librarian for Grim.

So yeah, comments please.

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
the list seems generic to me...

throw in a Stormraven!

put in a dreadnought!

Vanguard Vet Squad!

synack
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
The less generic list... I suppose

Astorath The Grim 220

Death Company 5 130
-- 1x Thunder Hammer
Storm Raven 245
-- TL Multi Melta
-- TL Plasma Cannon
-- Hurrican Bolters
-- Extra Armour

Assault Squad (10) 255
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Rhino

Assault Squad (10) 255
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Rhino

Assault Squad (10) 240
-- 2x Melta
-- Thunder Hammer
-- Priest
-- Power Fist

Baal Pred 115

Baal Pred 115

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
w00t!

I liked your libby...

bwahahahhaah! I will never be satisfied!!!

04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
the list seems generic to me...

throw in a Stormraven!

put in a dreadnought!

Vanguard Vet Squad!

Vanguard vets don't have Descent of Angels and that makes me sad. :(

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Yes they do!!!

Check out the wargear section under Jump Pack: All Blood Angels jump infantry have Decent of Angels.

This also means Death Co. with Jump Packs and...

Any characters that are equipped with Jump Packs.

Basically, Decent of Angels is an Army Wide Special Rule...

they should have just put it in the army special rules section.

Decent of Angels has changed Vanguard Veterans from the 'ho hum' category to the 'OMG!!!' category.

Only in extreme circumstances will Vanguard not be able to land AND charge the turn they come in.

04-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes they do!!!

Check out the wargear section under Jump Pack: All Blood Angels jump infantry have Decent of Angels.

This also means Death Co. with Jump Packs and...

Any characters that are equipped with Jump Packs.

Basically, Decent of Angels is an Army Wide Special Rule...

they should have just put it in the army special rules section.

Decent of Angels has changed Vanguard Veterans from the 'ho hum' category to the 'OMG!!!' category.

Only in extreme circumstances will Vanguard not be able to land AND charge the turn they come in.

You have literally caused me to giggle in glee. Kudos!

As well, I question why bother even making it a special rule that some squads get and don't get, it's so circular. :S