PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 Imperial Guard list.

Force21
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Hello all,

today I have a for fun/light competitive list here.

HQ.

Company Command Squad...70 points.
Vox, Missile Launcher.

Inquisitor Lord...120 points.
Refractor Field, Emperor's Tarot, Psychic Hood, Bolt Pistol, CCW, etc.
x2 Mystics.
Familiar.

x2 Ministorum Priests...60 points each.
Eviscerator.

Elites.

Ratlings...50 points.

Callidus Assassin...120 points.

Troops.

Infantry Platoon...Total Points 870.

Platoon Commander...105 points.
Vox, x3 Flamers.

Chimera W/ Heavy Flamer.

Infantry Squad...120 points.
Vox, Grenade Launcher, Sgt W/ Power weapon, Melta Bombs.

Commissar W/ Power weapon.

x4 Infantry Squads...75 points each.

x2 Heavy Weapons Squads W/ Lascannons...105 each.

Heavy Weapon Squad W/ Autocannons...75 points.

Heavy Weapon Squad W/ Mortars...60 points.

Infantry Platoon...Total Points 525.

Vox, x3 Flamers.

Chimera W/ Heavy Flamer.

Fast Attack.

Hellhound...130 points.
Heavy Bolter.

Heavy Support.

Hydra Flak Tank.
Heavy Bolter.

x2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks...180 each.
Heavy Bolters all around & Heavy Stubber.

anyway that is it...

pretty easy what goes where & all...

Thanks in advance.

*Edit*

It looks like with this I am about 60 points short...maybe squeeze some points & maybe outflanking Sentinels?

Cyclonus
04-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Couple of Things:

-You're running at about 21 Kp (I'm assuming that both of the platoons are running mobbed up). This could be minimized.

HQ.

Company Command Squad...70 points.
Vox, Missile Launcher.

Inquisitor Lord...120 points.
Refractor Field, Emperor's Tarot, Psychic Hood, Bolt Pistol, CCW, etc.
x2 Mystics.
Familiar.
*the familiar is kind of unnecessary as he has no powers (not that there are any i'd consider giving him), so I'd just go with another mystic. Also not sure about a refractor field, a 5+ is barely worth it but if you have the points, go for it.

x2 Ministorum Priests...60 points each.
Eviscerator.
*I'm not a fan of these, as they are easy kill points, but if you want to use them, consider adding straken for an aura of Furious Charge. If you're going CC go all the way but i'll get to that in a minute
Elites.

Ratlings...50 points.
*I'd drop these, sniper rifles aren't what they used to be, I feel that there are better ways to spend 50 points, like another chimera.

Callidus Assassin...120 points.
*I like her, I use one in my list as well.

Troops.

Infantry Platoon...Total Points 870.

Vox, x3 Flamers.

Chimera W/ Heavy Flamer.

Vox, Grenade Launcher, Sgt W/ Power weapon, Melta Bombs. *I'd go with meltas instead of GL. Here is why: Grenade launchers have 2 modes S6 AP4 and S3 AP6 blast. The S3 blast is largely redundant since you have all those Lasguns (+FRFSRF) to kill infantry. Therefore the only reason to take a GL is the S6 part and while the melta has shorter range, I prefer its higher power and lower AP.

Vox, Grenade Launcher, Sgt W/ Power weapon, Melta Bombs. *I like the power weapons, makes them a threat. You don't need a vox on every squad if you're going to have them mobbed up. Also, i find that any more than 30 guys in a squad tends to get very unwieldy.

x2 Heavy Weapons Squads W/ Lascannons...105 each.

Heavy Weapon Squad W/ Autocannons...75 points.

Heavy Weapon Squad W/ Mortars...60 points.
*I'm not a fan of heavy weapon squads, ld 7 makes orders somewhat unreliable, and the fact that they are 3 T3 models makes them very vulnerable to being very dead, very fast. I incorporate my heavy weapons into my 30 man mob, but then I don't typically assault with them so take it or leave it (though I do have power weapons for when they get stuck in.)

Infantry Platoon...Total Points 525.

Vox, x3 Flamers.

Chimera W/ Heavy Flamer.

Vox, Grenade Launcher, Sgt W/ Power weapon, Melta Bombs. *I feel, not without reason, that the Guards strength lies in overwhelming fire power. The men can mix it up in CC (A commissar and plenty of power weapons helps), but I feel as though that should be a last resort, rather than a focusing point.

Fast Attack.

Hellhound...130 points.
Heavy Bolter. *Solid choice, consider taking 2 to allow for smoke shenanigans (move "12 and have 1 pop smoke, giving both a cover save)

Heavy Support.

Hydra Flak Tank. *haven't used them myself but if you take 1, you should take 2 (or 3)
Heavy Bolter.

x2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks...180 each.
Heavy Bolters all around & Heavy Stubber. (i love these tanks, when you absolutely need to kill everything on an objective. The stubbers are somewhat excessive, but if you have the points, why not.)

Instead of heavy weapon squads, I take a pair of Vendettas, The cost only 25 points more, their Lascannons are always Twin-linked and they are far more survivable, also they carry troops!

I also favor the Demolisher (w/plasma sponsons) as it allows for some tought S10 AP2 templates to deal with pesky terminators or broadsides or obliterators etc (combining this with the Callidus's whisper in your ear rule is fun)

Speaking of the callidus, I like using the Callidus with a psyker Battle squad. This allows you to insta-kill any multiwound model that doesn't have eternal warrior (Avitar, Swarmlord, Mephiston etc). She wounds v. ld (@ S8) and the battle squad can lower that ld to 4 or less, thus resulting in an instant death.

Hope this helps! :)

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
your comments about Grenade Launchers are not exactly correct.

Lasguns have no AP.

Blast Weapons have the potential to hit multiple models. At 24" only one, MAYBE, 2 lasgun shots will be fired from each soldier.

3- the Melta cannot shoot 24"-- plasma can, but cost 3x the Grenade Launcher.

Force21
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah I put in the extra Vox's by accident...

I wished I had a Vendetta or could borrow one....no one that I know has one. :(

I also favor the Demolisher (w/plasma sponsons)

I tried with the plasma sponsons & they just epic failed me when I was playing against my Eldar friend...

I'd go with meltas instead of GL.

wished I could again....just don't have the models &/or cash to get em...

Speaking of the callidus, I like using the Callidus with a psyker Battle squad. This allows you to insta-kill any multiwound model that doesn't have eternal warrior (Avitar, Swarmlord, Mephiston etc).

Yep I ran that list before with like 6 pykers in a Chimera...
It was good but I only have 2 Chimeras lol...I may be able to borrow one or two...

haven't used them myself but if you take 1, you should take 2 (or 3)

lol again I only have one....& at like $70 USD a pop they are not cheap...

Thank you though I will play around with this list some more.