PDA

View Full Version : Fun fluffy Raven Guard! (C: BA)

The Mystic
04-07-2010, 10:27 AM
So here's the list:

Sanguinor(Counts as my version of Aajz Solari, 2nd Company captian.)= 275

Vanguard vets (5)+ 5 pairs of lightning claws, 5 JP's= 315

Assault squad (10)+ TH, 2x Meltaguns= 240

Scout squad (5)+ PW, Combi-melta, ML, Locator beacon = 135

Furioso Dread+ Blood talons, Drop pod= 160

TOTAL= 1500pts
KP's= 8

What do you guys think?

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
You are making a 'Count As' Ravenguard list without taking the ONE vehicle that has the word 'RAVEN' in it?

I have yet to understand why people associate Ravenguard with Jump Packs. So, they have a Captain that flies- every chapter has that (except for Space Wolves). WHAT Shrike is KNOWN for is infiltration tactics, and as a consequence, hit and run assaults.

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
As for helpful advise:

I would throw in at least a couple scout squads. Maybe scout bikers with a locator beacon-- so they can call in the assault squads with pinpoint accuracy!

eagleboy7259
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh oh oh or play with Shrike and the vanilla 'dex, named characters and their proper codexes are always better than jumping ship =P

Other than that the list looks fairly legit, if its just for fun to try out the nex book then have fun but I imagine that people might go after your comp score if this is for a tournament.

Herald of Nurgle
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
1) Dante over Sanguinor. For 50 points less you get Hit and Run on his unit which won't scatter at all from DS. Plus, Dante's a Independent Character, unlike Sanguinor, so technically he's more likely to survive.

2) If you're really relying on Locator Beacons for your Assies to get in line, then... why? You're the SMs who don't NEED homers for your Jumpers, you know that right? Take Snipers to clear a position for your Assies to come down.

3) Drop Pod Dread seems a bit just added on tbph. I don't think the two vehicles you have in your army would be able to survive that well against the anti tank on the field.

What are your general strategies for a full Jump list?

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
1) Dante over Sanguinor. For 50 points less you get Hit and Run on his unit which won't scatter at all from DS. Plus, Dante's a Independent Character, unlike Sanguinor, so technically he's more likely to survive.

2) If you're really relying on Locator Beacons for your Assies to get in line, then... why? You're the SMs who don't NEED homers for your Jumpers, you know that right? Take Snipers to clear a position for your Assies to come down.

3) Drop Pod Dread seems a bit just added on tbph. I don't think the two vehicles you have in your army would be able to survive that well against the anti tank on the field.

What are your general strategies for a full Jump list?

Hey hey hey-- don't get assies with me. He wants to use Blood Angels as Raven Guard-- and Raven Guard use extensive use of Scouts for calling in the Assault Marines.

Gooball
04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Aww...
I was actually hoping to see some furry marines.. oh well
Anywho i would see if people at you're local club/store would let you use Shrike in a BA army :P just leave out everything that is <BA> only.
Personally i would not mind facing this.. hell i'd go against an army made up from nyds/Ba/guard just to see what happens! :D

The Mystic
04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

@Tynskel: There already were Scout squads.:confused:
@eagleboy: Not for tournaments at the moment. Never been to a tournament with comp scores yet but could be fun.
@ Herald of Nurgle: Thanks for the comments, made afew changes. No real strategy as yet but got some ideas.
@Gooball: Well I have'nt modeled them yet......;)

Ok, so new lists following the posts by you guys.

LIST 1

Dante= 225

Honour Guard (5)+ Blood champion, 3x LC, 3x SS, 5x JP, Melta bomb= 295

Furioso Dread+ Blood talons, HF, Drop pod= 170

Vindicator+ Dozerblade, EA= 165

Vindicator+ Dozerblade, EA= 165

TOTAL= 1500
KP= 8

LIST 2

Dante= 225

Honour Guard (5)+ Blood champion, 3x LC, 3x SS, 5x JP= 290

Furioso Dread+ Blood talons, HF, Drop pod= 170

Predator+ Heavy bolters= 100

TOTAL= 1500
KP=9

Now the second list is more fluffy than the first but I think the first is more killy.

I have also thought about using Astorath in this list but mainly because I just like him.:p

So what do you guys think? All comments welcome!

Tynskel
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Hah!

I am blind.

therealjohnny5
04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
RG typically make heavy use of scouts and aren't actually front door assault guys tactically speaking. we've had the "BA counts as" discussion over at sonsofcorax quite a bit (it's a RG forum). Ultimately, i considered the same thing but chose to step away from it as the black\red rage doesn't really fit with their fluff. but it will be a fun list to play. I would just play them as BA personally or Flesh tearers if you don't like the color scheme.

While shrike is used excessively, his infiltrate ability with a squad really helps with first turn assaults when it's him, his assault\vanguard unit and 2 or so cc scout squads. Not to say you have to run shrike, but it does help with the fluff tactics. but then fluff isn't everything either. if you like it and your peeps will let you run it, have fun,.

The Mystic
04-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Ok, so this list would not be generally considered fluffy but the point of this army is to be the surgical strike force sent in after the intel from reconisence has be relayed:

Astorath= 220

Honour guard (5)+ Blood champ, 3x LC, 3x SS, 5x JP= 290

Sanguinary priests (2)+ 2x JP, 2x LC, 2x Meltabombs= 190

Assault squad (10)+ LC, Meltabombs, 2x Meltaguns= 220

Assault squad (10)+ LC, Meltabombs, 2x Meltaguns= 220

Furioso Dread+ Blood talons, Drop pod= 160

TOTAL= 1500
KP=10

C&C welcome!

The Mystic