PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight Kill Team and Holocaust question

DesertOfZin
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for AGES and I finally have a question that you fine folks can clear up for me.

I've been looking at the whole Kill Team concept and, having a handful of lovely Grey Knight Terminators, I thought having three of the beggars for 200pts appeals to me.

200pts covers a Brother Captain, two GKT (one with a Psycannon) and Holocaust for the squad.

Thing is, under the "each member of the squad counts as a individual unit" bit (not a direct quote) does each of the three GKTs have the Holocaust power but for the bargain price of 20pts for the squad?

DesertOfZin
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Ach, forget it.

Page 12 of the codex states you place the template anywhere in contact with the psyker (or the Brother-Captain of a unit of Terminators).

Aww, carp. what a noob. sorry guys.

Well, the revised list is

Grey Knight Terminator Squad
- Brother-Captain : Proud user of the Holocaust power and Krak Grenades
- One GKT
- One GKT with Psycannon

200 of your points

eagleboy7259
04-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Three men at 200pts probably won't last you long. The increase in fire for the psycannon - probably a waste because like you said in kill teams "each member of the squad counts as an individual unit" so you can only shoot at one unit a turn and charge one unit therefore increased stats mean less.

For demonhunters that means your best bet is probably =][= stormtroopers or an inquistor with retinue. It has the potential to do a lot of nasty things for dirty cheap

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I think it sounds great to me! you could fight a bunch of Daemons!

DesertOfZin
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
@ eagleboy7259 - It's not the most competitive list I've ever seen. That much is true. But the idea of three solitary Grey Knight Terminators, one armed with a Psycannon, against greater numbers (which is every other army), sounds REALLY cool. Who cares if it wouldn't win a game.

It would be a fight worthy of heroes.. HEROES, I tell you!

@ Tynskel - Yeah, it sounds sweet doesn't it. Would never work, mind you. I'll just have to play smarter... :D

eagleboy7259
04-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Its like that picture on the inside cover of the codex! Only Bloodletter look lame and gangly now IMOP

Aenir
04-08-2010, 12:23 AM
You dont have to shoot at one unit, You can split your fire, It says you can split shots or attacks amongst eligible targets where available