PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Black Templar

Foosh
04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
So the original army that got me into this game was Black Templars, and after bantering around with other armies I have the strong urge to go back to them. However, I have no idea as to how they play so this list is just an out of curiosity thing to me and a way for me to look for feedback from other Templar players.

HQ:
[142] Emperors Champion - Accept Any Challenge....
[206] Marshal - 2x lightning claws, adamantine,artificer, halo, termi honors, and frag grenades

ELITES:
[573] Sword Bretheren Assault Terminators - 4x lightning claw, 2x thunder hammer, crusader seals, furious charge.
Land Raider Crusader - blessed hull, storm bolter, smoke launchers

TROOP:
[447] Crusader Squad - 5x bolt pistol and ccw, 1x melta, 1x bolt pistol and power fist
LRC - blessed hull, storm bolter, smoke launchers
[447] Crusader Squad - Same as above
LRC - blessed hull, storm bolter, smoke launchers

HEAVY:
[265] Land Raider - hunter killer missle
[265] Land Raider - hunter killer missle
[155]Vindicator - power of the machine spirit

The idea being put the Marshal with the termies, and the champion with a crusader squad. While moving the LRC's up the regular LRs and Vindicator stay in back to provide supporting firepower. If they shoot at the LRCs the firepower works on it, they shoot at the supporting firepower I get nastily close with the LRCs. Seems like a nice two pronged attack, and if I lose an LRC there are backups. However, low model count and only two troops seems a wee bit troublesome so I may have to rely on wiping and opponent. Regardless it seems like it would be fun to play.
Feel free to tear it to pieces now, since I really have no clue what I am talking about :)

Nikephoros
04-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Your marshall is way over priced and serves no purpose in the list as you don't need the LD10. Blessed hull is also a really bad waste of points. Those 300+ points can definitely be better spent. I would recommend a venerable tank hunting TLLC dred and a grey knight HQ ally with psychic hood. Possibly a land speed squadron with MMs since you dont have much tank killing power for a 2500 point list.

Also, you may want to consider changing your vow to Abhor the Witch. This is an alpha strike list and you want to be sure to get first turn shots with your LRCs, and Abhor will make that happen more often. In any event, with only 18 bodies AAC is not really going to do much for you.

It's definitely a rock list and some opponents will get absolutely crushed by it, while others will probably crush you right back. Not a terrible idea for a tourney if you feel there will be opponents who dont pack lots of melta, but it probably won't be the most fun list to play.

Foosh
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I definitely like the tank hunter dreads. As to the blessing on the hull in my area I play a lot of games against Dark Eldar and Eldar, so the blessed hulls is a nice slap in the face to the lance. On meltas, I guess I felt if someone got close enough to use them that is just a little unfortunate for them because now they can be assaulted.
Why would I not need the Ld 10?

But here is the list reworked with some of your ideas thrown in. I do want something that is tournament competitive but also fun to play so that last comment really got me.

HQ:
[112] Emperors Champion - Abhor the Witch

ELITES:
[573] Sword Bretheren Assault Termies - 4x lightning claw, 2x thunderhammer, crusader seals, furious charge
LRC - blessed hull, smoke, storm bolter

[203] Ven dread - Tank hunter, TL LC, Heavy flamer, smoke, extra armour
Drop pod

[203] Ven dread - Tank hunter, TL LC, Heavy flamer, smoke, extra armour
Drop pod

TROOPS:
[523] Crusader Squad - 8x bolt pistol ccw, 1x melta, 1x pwr fist, 5x neophytye w/shotguns, crusader seals
LRC - smoke

[266] Crusader Squad - 6x bolt pistol ccw, 1x melta, 1x pwr fist, 1x neophytye w/shotguns, frag
Drop pod - deathwind missle launcher

HEAVY:
[250] Land Raider - smoke

[250] Land Raider - smoke

[155] Vidicator - power of the machine spirit, smoke

Total: 2500

This list gives a little more anti armor feel to it. I guess throw the Champ with the termies and have them make stuff fubar. Drop in the dreads either to messup infantry or takeout armor.
If something happens to my troops and they reall need to be moved there is still an abundance of LR's to move them around in.

So yet again, feel free to tear this list to shreds :)

Nikephoros
04-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Why would I not need the Ld 10?

Because the only thing in your army that should be ever getting out of it's transports are the terminators. And when they do, it will be to be in an assault, where they are Fearless. If all goes according to plan, you won't have to take a single leadership test the whole game. If all does not go to plan, that means your land raiders are all blown up and you will probably lose.