PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead: All Out War

Wildeybeast
01-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Mantic's big announcement has finally been made and it's one to get nerds super excited - they have the Walking Dead license and are making a tabletop miniatures game!

Check out the blog (https://manticblog.com/2016/01/05/twelve-days-mantic-christmas-12-walking-dead/) for more details.

I for one am super excited about it, it promises to be a great game.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Not into zombies at all but this will make one of my best friends VERY happy...was hoping it would be Fallout when they said it was a post-apoc game myself though.

40kGamer
01-05-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm hoping for some mode that puts player vs player with the undead as more of a game hazard. Should be interesting!

Erik Setzer
01-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Reading the commentary from Mantic was pretty interesting. I like that they're looking to keep it easy and inexpensive to get into, and it sounds like they remember what being a gamer is like and actually relate to their target audience. Gives me even more hope for this.

The figures they show look pretty solid, too.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Reading the commentary from Mantic was pretty interesting. I like that they're looking to keep it easy and inexpensive to get into, and it sounds like they remember what being a gamer is like and actually relate to their target audience. Gives me even more hope for this.

The figures they show look pretty solid, too.

I enjoyed the commentary, you can always tell how passionate they are and that they really love what they are putting out. I respect that a lot.

Wildeybeast
01-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Trust me when I say that if you are a fan of TWD and miniature games, you will like this.

Erik Setzer
01-07-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm hoping for some mode that puts player vs player with the undead as more of a game hazard. Should be interesting!

From the first talk of gameplay, that seems to be exactly what they're doing. That could be pretty cool, and convey the feel of the setting well.

WinterIsComing
01-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Not into zombies at all but this will make one of my best friends VERY happy...was hoping it would be Fallout when they said it was a post-apoc game myself though.

I never was either, until I came across TWD. Because it's not really about the zombies. It's about the amazingly developed characters and their struggle to survive. It's amazing. I won't watch or play anything else zombie related, but TWD is totally worth it.

Excited about this!

CoffeeGrunt
01-15-2016, 03:52 AM
I'm hoping it ends up being more comic/game, and less TV show post-season 3. :P

Erik Setzer
01-15-2016, 09:39 AM

The said the license was specifically for the comic world, not the TV show version.

WinterIsComing
01-15-2016, 10:20 AM

Yeah, absolutely! The comic is the only way to go. IMO

CoffeeGrunt
01-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Though I want a Daryl and Merle Dixon release. Also Clementine and Lee. :P

WinterIsComing
01-20-2016, 02:02 AM
Though I want a Daryl and Merle Dixon release. Also Clementine and Lee. :P

Oh Daryl, how we love thee.

CoffeeGrunt
01-20-2016, 03:34 AM
Oh Daryl, how we love thee.

He is the glue that holds the show together. All hail Norman Reedus. :P

Wildeybeast
01-24-2016, 10:00 AM
https://manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Carl-600x600.jpg

https://manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DSC_8627.png

Wildeybeast
01-31-2016, 01:45 PM
Just a quick head's up that the Kickstarter goes live tomorrow at 13.30 GMT. More details are the Mantic blog (https://manticblog.com/2016/01/25/15039/). To keep things simple and avoid some of the previous 'order fulfilment' issues Mantic have had with previous Kickstarters, it looks like there will just be one basic pledge level, though there are apparently some early bird discounts. Having had the opportunity to play test this game last year, I'm really looking forward to the Kickstarter. Fans of the series are definitely not going to be disappointed!

Fist of Dorn
02-08-2016, 04:32 AM
I'm really intrigued by it, but there seem to be far less weapons and equipment cards than I would have expected, in fact, it looks a little basic to be honest, so for the moment I think I'm still on the shelf.

I'd like to buy in, but money is tight so I really need to be convinced

Wildeybeast
02-21-2016, 04:55 AM
I would suggest you give the plytest rules a go and see what you think of it. I found you don't really need a lot of equipment choice as your characters can only carry a few pieces anyway.