PDA

View Full Version : Need some help (1850 BA)

Red__Thirst
04-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Posted this on another 40k site but haven't gotten much feedback as yet, figgured I'd post here also and see if I could get some additional thoughts/ideas on it.

Ok, so I'm working on some different concepts for my Blood Angels and how to play them. I've traditionally been a 'mech oriented marine player, but I'm going to dabble in the dark arts of a drop list and see how it fares. This is very much a WiP list so any thoughts or critiques would be both welcomed and appreciated.

Blood Angels. 1850

HQ: Librarian Calisten = 130 Pts.
-Terminator Armor, Force Weapon, Storm Bolter & Psychic hood.
-Powers: Blood Lance, Sanguine Sword.
(Deepstrikes in and supports the drop pods, or drops deep in enemy territory and tries to pop a cluster of vehicles, also used for the psychic hood/preventing lash.)

Troops: Tactical Squad = 200 Pts.
-7x Bolter marines, 1x Meltagun marine, 1x Multimelta Marine, 1x Sergeant w/
Bolter & Powerfist
-All Models armed with Power Armor, Bolt Pistols, Frag & Krak Grenades.
-Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod = 45 Pts.
Storm Bolter, Locator Beacon (Cheaper than putting it on the sergeant)

Troops: Tactical Squad = 200 Pts.
-7x Bolter marines, 1x Meltagun marine, 1x Missile Launcher Marine,
1x Sergeant w/Bolter & Powerfist
-All Models armed with Power Armor, Bolt Pistols, Frag & Krak Grenades.
-Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod = 45 Pts
Storm Bolter, Locator Beacon

(Core of the army, drops near an objective and holds it, one priest will arrive and stick with them to give survivability and buff one or both)

Troops: Assault Squad = 245 Pts.
7x Bolt Pistol & Chainsword Marines, 2 Meltagun Marines
1x Sergeant w/ Powerfist & Hand Flamer
-All Models armed with Power Armor, Jump Packs, Frag & Krak Grenades.
(Lands to support whichever objective needs some extra teeth, one sanguiniary priest will be attached or near them)

Troops: Death Company = 265 Pts.
9X Death Company w/ Bolt Pistols & Chainswords, 1x Death Company w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon, 1x Death Company w/ Thunder Hammer & Bolter
-All Modes armed w/ Power Armor, Frag & Krak Grenades.
-Dedicated Landraider Redeemer Transport = 250 Pts.
Sponson Inferno Cannons, Twinlinked Assault Cannon, Frag Launchers, Smoke, & Multimelta
(Self explanatory, this works in tandem with the assault squad to take the fight to my opponent, go clear objectives or serve as a counter-charge unit, red hot liquid death to anything they touch)

Elite: Chaplain = 115 Pts.
-Power Armor, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Powerfist, Frag & Krak Grenades.
(Rides in the Land Raider w/ the Death Company obviously, will join them and deep strike in if need-be. Had the option for a cheaper powerfist so I figgured I'd splurge and give him one to help crack any vehicles or armor that the DC might encounter)

Elite: Sanguinay Priests = 150 Pts.
-Two Sanguiniary Priest w/ Power Amor, Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword,
Blood Chalice, Frag & Krak Grenades.
(Deep strikes in with the assault squad & tactical marines, no scatter as the drop pods have locator beacons and will serve as a force multiplier)

1640 Pts. so far.

Now here's my conundrum. I have a lot of options for that last 210 points left to spend.

I could put a squad of 5 Assault Termies w/ 2 TH/SS models in to come wreck face with the Sang Priest providing their awesome FnP & FC bonus. This would run me exactly 210 points.

OR

I could add a squad of Sanguiniary Guard to land and really tear stuff up in melee with the Sang Priests once again swooping in to help make them even nastier w/ FnP and FC. These would be fairly bare-bones, but I would field them as they come, with death masks on them if I can scrape the points. I don't have my codex in front of me so I can't determine exactly what the points are but I *think* they'll run 210 points or so with death masks.

OR

I could trim points from a few areas and drop a second 10 man assault squad into the list for even more troops. This second squad would have a pair of flamers, and a thunderhammer sergeant (Because I think it would look awesome). and would run me 230 points.

OR

I could add a Death Company Dreadnought into the list in a drop pod and still have enough points left over to plug something else in or add some extra gear to the IC's I've got. The DC dread would have the Blood Talons option with a built in meltagun and storm bolter. This is the most promising choice in my eyes, as it gives me a unit I can quite literally drop into the middle of my opponents force and watch him try to figgure out how to stop it before it tears through his lines like a hot knife through butter.

So, fellow Angels of Death, what option seems to be the most sound considering the list as it sits right now?

Thanks so much for any thoughts and I look forwards to reading your replies.

Take it easy

-Red__Thirst-

Tynskel
04-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Terminators R Sweet-- give a body guard to your Libby