PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Salamanders List

johnnyfoodmaster
04-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey guys!

I'm workin on my Ard Boyz list for May 17 and I wanted to get some feedback.

I'm thinking about something that looks like the following:

HQ
Vulkan Hes'tan

Troops
Tac x10 melta/MM
-power weapon
-rhino

Tac x10 melta/MM
-power weapon
-rhino

Tac x10 plas gun/heavy bolter
-power fist
-rhino

Elite
Hammer terminators x10
-combat squads each w a land raider

Dread w/plas cannon/hvy flamer
-drop pod

Dread w/tl las/missiles

Fast
2x Land Speeders
-hvy flamer/multi melta

2x Attack bikes
-multi meltas

Heavy
Land Raider Redeemer
-multi melta

Land Raider
-multi melta

After all that, I've got about 200pts left. I was thinkin about an assault squad w/flamer and thunder hammer or maybe a footslogging tac squad.

Any suggestions?

Tynskel
04-09-2010, 01:14 PM
no foot sloggin'!

I would change your Drop podding' dread to an Ironclad with Assault Launchers and Hv Flamer.
Vindicator with Siege Shield.
Buy Extra Armor for the Land Raiders.
Lastly, I would switch your Hellfire Dread to a Mortis with 2 Twin-Linked Autocannons. Missile/Lascannon is cool n' all, but a straight up Transport Buster would be better. All of your other meltas will make of for the loss of the Lascannon/Missile. The Autocannons Statistically do better against transports.

HQ 190
190 Vulkan

ELITES 720
400 Assault Terminator Sqaud
10 Terminators, 10 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
195 Dreadnought
Ironclad, Assault Launchers, Hv Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod
125 Mortis Dreadnought
Dread, two Twin-linked Autocannons

Hv SUPPORT 665
125 Vindicator
Tank, Siege Shield
265 Land Raider Redeemer
Land Raider, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor
275 Land Raider
Land Raider, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor

FAST ATTACK 220
120 Land Speeder Squadron
2 Land Speeders, 2 Multi-Meltas
100 Attack Bike Squadron
2 Bikes, 2 Multi-Meltas

TROOPS 705
235 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
Dedicated Transport: Rhino
235 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
235 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Cannon

johnnyfoodmaster
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I really like the Autocannon idea! I never think of that stuff cuz I don't have actual Autocannon models sitting along with my other Dreadnought weapons. So, I just purchased a couple of Forgeworld. Hopefully they show up as fast as the last FW order I placed.

I did think foot sloggin was a bad idea. I've only got 3 Rhinos anyway. I hope I don't forget that I upgraded to extra armor when I'm playing the game.

I've got a great idea for a paint job for my new Land Raider too. I can't wait to start on it!

Tynskel
04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
personally, I have not used a Mortis-- however, I have heard VERY good things with them-- filling a niche element in an army like yours.

I played a VERY aggressive Vulkan list last 'Ard Boyz-- Used both Calgar and Vulkan. Had so few marines one the board that I used Legion of the Damned for infantry killers.

The list worked quite well--- just watch out for cheaters at 'Ard Boyz. KNOW YOUR OPPONENT'S CODEX!!!!!!! You should know how to operate their army better than they know how to operate their own army. I won't make that mistake again!

blueshift
04-16-2010, 09:17 AM
personally i give my vets combi weapons to match the special weapon in the squad... it makes the tac squad just a tad bit more effective, plus vulkan's benefits extend out to the single shot.

Tynskel
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
personally i give my vets combi weapons to match the special weapon in the squad... it makes the tac squad just a tad bit more effective, plus vulkan's benefits extend out to the single shot.

Last year, I used a Calgar/Vulkan list. I only fielded two tactical squads, so those squads had to have a punch-- I gave the meltagun squad a combi-melta--- the re-roll to hit with that thing rocks!

Nasty little squad:
5 man Combat Squad, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun
Calgar in Power Armor
Razorback with Twin-Linked Assault Cannons.

Calgar could use either the power weapon or the powerfists- made him really flexible. Then there was the Sgt PF adding a few more. The assault Cannon was great for raking a squad, combined with two melta shots, and Calgar's AP2 Storm Bolter-- that combination would wipeout 10 marines with minimal damage to the squad- great for stealing objectives on the last turn of the game.