PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Never Answering E-Mails?

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Well i bought an eldar vampire hunter Two month's ago and it arivied in lets just say "Bad" condition (Missing the canopy's the hull is cracked and warped, parts are broken) and i have e-mailed forgeworld TWICE asking nicely if there is anything they can do about this problem (The hull needs a heat gun to be fixed but the crack would probably just snap it) I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Im going to try calling them tomorrow and im tempted to just tell them i want to return it for credit towards a warhound titan since this has been alot of bs to deal with!:mad:

VinceBlack
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I feel your pain. I ordered Ultra Marine Terminator shoulder pads and Space Wolf Terminator conversions for my friend. Although everything was in good condition it took almost 2 months to get it. Customer service is... well it leaves much to be desired to say it nicely.

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I feel your pain. I ordered Ultra Marine Terminator shoulder pads and Space Wolf Terminator conversions for my friend. Although everything was in good condition it took almost 2 months to get it. Customer service is... well it leaves much to be desired to say it nicely.

Ya....i am getting that impression.

-=Lazuli=-
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I think it says somewhere on the FW site that there email isn't working properly or something, just call them.

EDIT:
Don't see it anymore, iI asked them about my order 2 months ago and never got a reply...

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I think it says somewhere on the FW site that there email isn't working properly or something, just call them.

EDIT:
Don't see it anymore, iI asked them about my order 2 months ago and never got a reply...

Ya....safe to say we are getting screwed it appears.

crazyredpraetorian
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
You just have to catch the FW crew when they're sober......having a bar in warehouse doesn't help.

keithsilva
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
the only bad experinece i have had with FW is parts needing to be fixed no big deal. I brought my warhound titan from the battle bunker, and they went through the whole box making sure everything was there and there was no bad piece and if there was replacing it right there

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
You just have to catch the FW crew when they're sober......having a bar in warehouse doesn't help.

Couldn't hurt towards talking them into sending me 5 free warhounds;)

Gotthammer
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I had a similar situation - my reaver was missing a carapae piece. I emailed and got no reply, so I called and they organised a replacement part (it comes with a seperate order number, usually starting with a Z - make sure you get it). It however didn't show up, and I rang again.

They said it was to be cast that day, so I waited. And it still didn't come. So I rang again, and got on to a very helpful fellow named Simon (get names when you ring so you can keep tabs on who says what), who spent time tracking down what was wrong and rang me back. Turned out that when they cast the piece the mold was worn out, so they had to remake the mold and remake my piece. The casters didn't relay this to the cust. service guys so as far as they knew it was listed as cast, but not shipped, but didn't physically exist yet.

So yeah, just ring them every day - it does the trick :) Some kits tend to be worse than others, the older big ones like the Vampires, T-Hawk and marauder seem to come up a whole lot in regardes to poor quality unfortunately.

Lord Inquisitor
08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
The same thing happened to my friend over some Remoras. Except when they wouldn't respond he sent the email about getting the catalouge but threw in the thing about the Remoras. They promptly sent him 4 new ones.

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM
The same thing happened to my friend over some Remoras. Except when they wouldn't respond he sent the email about getting the catalouge but threw in the thing about the Remoras. They promptly sent him 4 new ones.

hmm i e-mailed the complaint letter to order enquirers and general info e-mails......think i should send a third to the Catalog? lol! i just want credit for the stuiped thing, im sick of dealing with this bs and the model is a total piece of junk! I also never got my free shipping included......like it should of i got dinged 57.17! i just want to send the stuiped thing back and get credit! Forget dealing with the stuiped flier if they send shotty product's like this ill pay the extra for the Warhound then i have something that at least is QUALITY!

If models have problems like was stated above they should stop casting them and make new mold's not sell the junk to those of us who love big fliers with huge guns!:mad:

Valdore
08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Always ring them, never email them ;) I have had a few bad experiences with Forgeworld parts and they have invariably sent replacements that arrived the day after I called. I understand that if you are not in the UK this could be expensive, and if it is, then just send email after email, they'll get annoyed and respond eventually I'm sure ;) But you have to be persistent with them.

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Always ring them, never email them ;) I have had a few bad experiences with Forgeworld parts and they have invariably sent replacements that arrived the day after I called. I understand that if you are not in the UK this could be expensive, and if it is, then just send email after email, they'll get annoyed and respond eventually I'm sure ;) But you have to be persistent with them.

Intend to! OR i will have my credit card company take back the payment. That will get there attention

Valdore
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
lol, possibly in the legal sense, I'd be careful about it, I don't know what the situation is if you've actually received the product . . .

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
lol, possibly in the legal sense, I'd be careful about it, I don't know what the situation is if you've actually received the product . . .

Damaged Product. And they aren't responding to replace it so its within my right. (I read my visa contract lol)

Valdore
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Good work checking up properly ;) In that case I would try and get it replaced, but if they don't within a week or so use that as a last resort, like I say, I've never had problems with them personally.

Other than that, it may be possible to try and mould the warped piece(s) back into shape by dunking them in boiling water for a short time which should soften them enough for you to re-mould them by hand, then shove them in some cold water so they set quickly keeping their new shape. Nothing much you can do about the crack though, and if the pieces aren't soft enough when you try to re-mould them then it will likely crack at a weak-point like that. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have trouble with them sending out replacements or until you receive the replacements, just in case ;)

Slaanesh
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Good work checking up properly ;) In that case I would try and get it replaced, but if they don't within a week or so use that as a last resort, like I say, I've never had problems with them personally.

Other than that, it may be possible to try and mould the warped piece(s) back into shape by dunking them in boiling water for a short time which should soften them enough for you to re-mould them by hand, then shove them in some cold water so they set quickly keeping their new shape. Nothing much you can do about the crack though, and if the pieces aren't soft enough when you try to re-mould them then it will likely crack at a weak-point like that. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have trouble with them sending out replacements or until you receive the replacements, just in case ;)

Im going to ask for credit. i dont want to screw with this model anymore! and a warhound would look nice in my case.

The Plastic Surgeon
08-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I've had pretty good customer service from them, they left out a Rhino sprue for a Predator IVc, I emailed them and they sent one out straight away. Got it just under two weeks later. Granted this wasn't a resin piece being replaced!

RedScorpionsGirl
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I've had great luck with Forgeworld. The customer service guys were really helpful when I got a thunderhawk and the top half of it was mis moulded (warped beyond assembly). They sent out a new cast and I recieved it within 4 days. From the same order my Zhufor model had a bunch of bits broken off (we put in a ($2800 order, with a lot of parts so in my opinion it was bound to happen, I understood, and wasn't angry)I would suggest calling over emailing, as it is more personal, and you can get answers to what you are asking about, as after all it's like 6 guys trying to fill all the orders, answer all the emails and such. Altnough, like everyone else in the world, if you get snappy with them over the phone, they are going to be less likely to work with you to quickly get the situation resolved.

Slaanesh
08-07-2009, 12:38 AM
We Shall see What happens. Like i said i would be more then happy to return the item and pay the difference to get a warhound......at least if that is messed up i can fix it easier.

Gotthammer
08-07-2009, 02:33 AM
hmm i e-mailed the complaint letter to order enquirers and general info e-mails......think i should send a third to the Catalog? lol! i just want credit for the stuiped thing, im sick of dealing with this bs and the model is a total piece of junk! I also never got my free shipping included......like it should of i got dinged 57.17!:

If models have problems like was stated above they should stop casting them and make new mold's not sell the junk to those of us who love big fliers with huge guns!

From Forgeworlds site, in regards to international shipping (http://forgeworld.co.uk/canadafaq.htm): "Orders of £250.00 or more will be shipped by Express Delivery for the same cost as standard delivery"

Free shipping is only within the UK unfortunately, and as they are a UK based company they're probably free to advertise as such.

Also the problem with the molds is that they have been re-cast so often the master is wearing out and the general quality is slipping as a result. They would need to make a new master sculpt to fix some of the problems - I've even heard the master Thunderhawk was damaged so it is being molded off a casting, so is of much less quality, but that may not be true.

Slaanesh
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
From Forgeworlds site, in regards to international shipping (http://forgeworld.co.uk/canadafaq.htm): "Orders of £250.00 or more will be shipped by Express Delivery for the same cost as standard delivery"

Free shipping is only within the UK unfortunately, and as they are a UK based company they're probably free to advertise as such.

Also the problem with the molds is that they have been re-cast so often the master is wearing out and the general quality is slipping as a result. They would need to make a new master sculpt to fix some of the problems - I've even heard the master Thunderhawk was damaged so it is being molded off a casting, so is of much less quality, but that may not be true.

Wouldn't amaze me......im still hoping i get lucky and they will do a refund or credit or exchange..

Denzark
08-07-2009, 03:07 AM
I have ordered stuff from vehicle accesories to ruined buildings, always via the web shop. I've never had any problems, its always got to my UK address undamaged inside a week, and even a catalogue out to Iraq inside 2 weeks. So no complaints (although have found resin to be excessively flash-tastic from time to time) so just goes to show.

foostoofoo
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Maybe I'm just lucky then or something because i emailed forgeworld like 5 days ago asking when my order was going to be shipped because I had a tournament and the models i ordered would be beneficial for me, i got a reply today saying they were shipped yesterday :/ I dunno maybe something was wrong with their email system at the time

Gotthammer
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I think it's just random - the first time I emailed them (a question about the Warhound shin guards) I got a very prompt response and some free modelling advice thrown in!

Valdore
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
It probably depends on how full their inbox is and how you word the subject line and the contents :)

Erazoender
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
This is strange; Forge World is well known for their great customer service. I did not receive my Barbed Hierodule on date, and I e-mailed them. They promptly replied saying if I do not receive it in *X* amount of time, they will cast and send me a new one.

Of course it was just delayed... :rolleyes:

I could have gotten a second one!

Slaanesh
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
well they got back to me this morning saying they never got my other emails and that they wanted a list of damaged parts and they would send me new ones. (I had already sent a list of damaged parts in the email...) Also i told them i want to send the model back and get credit towards a warhound since at least problems with that model i would have an easier time fixing!

RedScorpionsGirl
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM

+++I must say that the free shipping is NOT just to the UK!! +++

Every time I have ordered and I think so far I've put in 3 large orders (one exceeding $2500), I have placed an order exceeding the minimum for free express shipping, and have had my orders arrive within ++5++ days. I will call the order in, and it is paid for by the end of that day, and I have recieved it within 5, and no more than 7-8 when they have had to ship it in two separate boxes. In a couple of instances I have even had the order arrive in LESS than 5 days from ordering.

In most cases if everything you order is in, the order arrives really quickly. In cases such as the fortress and the manta, where it has to be custom poured, it is clearly understandable of the additional time, and they even tell you that it will take additional time, but it will still be shipped express as soon as it is finished.

We even lucked out with our huge order, as they had just poured a manta, and we were able to get all the large items, in two boxes, within 4 days.

Inquisitor McSagington
08-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Huh-I find this interesting as, last time I order anyhing from GW it arrived very promptly and complete.
The time before that I order some odd n sodz for Gorkamorka-including a Nob from the Gorkamorka line.
Sadly they accidentally sent me an old 40k Nob (Looked a bit like a Stormboy of Khorne). When I called not only did they tell me to keep the model they sent me out a Limited ed Gameday Nob.
FW cold actually learn something from GW in this case it seems.

MrMike85
08-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Wow that suck everyone I actually get answers from them within a day from emailing them.

Slaanesh
08-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Wow that suck everyone I actually get answers from them within a day from emailing them.

like i said the problem is solved....hopefully they will take the vampire hunter back and give me credit towards a mar's pa tern warhound. Or just the warhound! (Ya i can wish still cant i!!!!)

Mystery.Shadow
08-08-2009, 07:47 AM
First time I ordered direct to Forge World I email'd the order. A week later, noticing that my credit card was NOT charged I called them. TWO DAYS later I had my stuff (East Coast USA) Shipping was free too!

And this was a 2000 GBP Order!

About two weeks later, I emailed them with another order. I called them that same day. TWO DAYS later I got my stuff. Another 1500 GBP. And yes, FREE shipping.

One of the pieces was missing. I called them. Within a week, I had my replacement part. FREE!

Another month afterwards, and another 1500 GBP later, another order. Same as the second, email then call. And yes, TWO DAYS later, I got the goods. One model was out of stock. It arrived in about 10 days. And yes, FREE shipping.

Seems like if you place the order via email (to insure accuracy) then call they get on it right away. I was VERY surprised that they had (nearly) everything in stock and how fast they got things packed and shipped out!! The problems, although very minor (missing pieces mostly) were taken care of extremely quickly. I have received nothing but fast, courteous, and professional service from Forge World.

Although the above orders were made earlier this year (When the GBP was 1.32:1.00 USD - Order direct, pay in GBP, YES! Score!) Why can't it still be? Another Forge World order is being put together for sometime next week (or two).

Gotta love the low low low new pricing for the USA (I believe the exchange rate is 1.67:1.00 so it's cheaper now to pay in USD! Ha ha)! Will hate it when the next catalog comes out.

Slaanesh
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM
First time I ordered direct to Forge World I email'd the order. A week later, noticing that my credit card was NOT charged I called them. TWO DAYS later I had my stuff (East Coast USA) Shipping was free too!

And this was a 2000 GBP Order!

About two weeks later, I emailed them with another order. I called them that same day. TWO DAYS later I got my stuff. Another 1500 GBP. And yes, FREE shipping.

One of the pieces was missing. I called them. Within a week, I had my replacement part. FREE!

Another month afterwards, and another 1500 GBP later, another order. Same as the second, email then call. And yes, TWO DAYS later, I got the goods. One model was out of stock. It arrived in about 10 days. And yes, FREE shipping.

Seems like if you place the order via email (to insure accuracy) then call they get on it right away. I was VERY surprised that they had (nearly) everything in stock and how fast they got things packed and shipped out!! The problems, although very minor (missing pieces mostly) were taken care of extremely quickly. I have received nothing but fast, courteous, and professional service from Forge World.

Although the above orders were made earlier this year (When the GBP was 1.32:1.00 USD - Order direct, pay in GBP, YES! Score!) Why can't it still be? Another Forge World order is being put together for sometime next week (or two).

Gotta love the low low low new pricing for the USA (I believe the exchange rate is 1.67:1.00 so it's cheaper now to pay in USD! Ha ha)! Will hate it when the next catalog comes out.

i have a messed up vampire hunter ill trade for a warhound titan :rolleyes:

Worth a shot?

Mystery.Shadow
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Uuuuuuuum. NO!

Call Forge World....

Ferro
08-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I can share the same story. Over the years, over several incidents, they have never once responded to an email. But once you get them on the phone, they'll do anything to make you happy including shipping out extra stuff for free. Of course, it's a $20 phone call, so 'free' is a relative term.

Khestra the Unbeheld
08-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I had a Tau Tetra order for a friend in which one of the Tetras arrived with two left engine housings. A phone call fixed it.

Súil Dubh
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Two years ago I sent an email asking about the Chaos Renegade painting scheme (specifically which GW paints to use). By mistake I sent it to the "order inquiries" email address and not the "modelling and rules inquiries" one.

Two weeks later I got a very detailed answer from Warwick Kinrade himself, with an apology for the delay.

So I was pretty impressed with that. The mail I sent wasn't a pressing issue like a misplaced order, and I sent it to the wrong address, but they still answered it.

+ + + + + + + + +

Just in case anyone is curious, here's the painting scheme for the Renegades:

We did not have a set colour scheme in mind, and we have used a wide variety of colours (mostly browns and dark/dirty yellows), gas hoods in off white, metal work and armour in bolt gun metal mixed with tin bitz or brass.

Slaanesh
08-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Two years ago I sent an email asking about the Chaos Renegade painting scheme (specifically which GW paints to use). By mistake I sent it to the "order inquiries" email address and not the "modelling and rules inquiries" one.

Two weeks later I got a very detailed answer from Warwick Kinrade himself, with an apology for the delay.

So I was pretty impressed with that. The mail I sent wasn't a pressing issue like a misplaced order, and I sent it to the wrong address, but they still answered it.

+ + + + + + + + +

Just in case anyone is curious, here's the painting scheme for the Renegades:

I must say i have COMPLETELY! changed my view!! i just got a message from forgeworld and they are sending me a

FREE WARHOUND TITAN!!!!!!!!!!! and i get to keep my gimped vampire hunter (now im not afraid to heat gun it!) to make things better its my birthday and a warhound is exactly what i wanted =D this should now say "FORGEWORLD ROCKS WITH THERE E-MAILS" WOOOT!:D

Súil Dubh
08-10-2009, 05:16 AM
I must say i have COMPLETELY! changed my view!! i just got a message from forgeworld and they are sending me a

FREE WARHOUND TITAN!!!!!!!!!!! and i get to keep my gimped vampire hunter (now im not afraid to heat gun it!) to make things better its my birthday and a warhound is exactly what i wanted =D this should now say "FORGEWORLD ROCKS WITH THERE E-MAILS" WOOOT!:D

???

How on Mars did you manage to get a free Titan out of them, and get to keep the Vampire Hunter?

Congratulations (and happy birthday, by the way).

The Plastic Surgeon
08-10-2009, 05:27 AM
A free Warhound Titan? You've done well! Although it WOULD be funny iof it was JUST the Titan and none of the arms... :P

Valdore
08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Congrats, happy birthday, and PM me the secret to how you managed that one ;) Might be worth ordering something from them :P

Slaanesh
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
A free Warhound Titan? You've done well! Although it WOULD be funny iof it was JUST the Titan and none of the arms... :P

It is i bought the arms separately.

Mystery.Shadow
08-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Maybe Forge World reads BoLS Lounge.... ?

Slaanesh
08-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe Forge World reads BoLS Lounge.... ?

Would Not Surprise me.

Norseman
08-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I emailed them twice and never got a reply...My friend said he had the same problem but then called them and got good service. I am going o try this myself.