PDA

View Full Version : 1500 - 1800 increasing the size

Hellsteath
04-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Hello there

So as described in the title, im looking into increasing the size of my marine army from, 1500 - 1800 which has become the local game size of choice.

currently Im using

Librarian:- terminator armour and storm sheild

6 Assault terminators:- stormsheilds/thunder hammers

3 tactical squads:- Rhinos, Plasma guns, Multi Meltas

2 Multi Melta attack bikes

2 Vindicators:- seige sheilds

Dreadnought:- Assault cannon, combat weapon/heavy flamer

so with the extra 300 points available what do you guys think I should take, I was thinking of filling the termi squad adding another attack bike and a dakka pred.
What in your oppionions need work?

Any way thanks for your veiws on this

Tynskel
04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Add a Sternguard squad with Powerfist and a Razorback.
Add another Multi-Melta Attack bike.
Add 3 teleport homers to the Tactical Squads. In the Process, change one plasma rifle to a Flamer.

1800 on the button.

Have the 3 Rhinos ride in a formation-- like a triangle. This allows your Terminators to teleport safely almost anywhere near the body of your force.

04-11-2010, 09:14 AM
As always, Tynskel provides solid advice. But... you could simply add a Land Raider (your choice of variant). For instance, Land Raider Redeemer with a m.melta and extra armour will cost 265 points. And in dropping one terminator, you'll have 75 points leftover. Use those points to add an attack bike with m.melta.

If you drop the assault cannon on the dread and keep the m.melta, you then have 35 points... enough for a drop pod for him!

1800 points exactly. :)

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
That's pretty good too!

Hellsteath
04-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the replies, looking into what you suggested, and the fact i bought a dakka pred last week this is what im going for

Dropping a terminator and switching a plasma gun to a flamer

Adding a landraider with a multimelta and a dakka pred, that is 1800 bang on.
The list will look like this

Librarian:- terminator armour and storm sheild

5 Assault terminators:- God hammer pattern landraiderwith multimelta, stormsheilds/thunder hammers

2 tactical squads:- Rhinos, Plasma guns, Multi Meltas
tactical squads:- Rhino, flamer, Multi Melta

2 Multi Melta attack bikes

2 Vindicators:- seige sheilds

Predator:- auto cannon/heavy bolter sponsons

Dreadnought:- Assault cannon, combat weapon/heavy flamer

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
with the new list:

Change one Terminator back to Lightning Claws. Use those 5 points to upgrade one Rhino to a Razorback.

Nice Armored Assault Formation.

1 Land Raider, 2 Vindicators, 1 Predator, 1 Dreadnought, 3 Rhinos (or 2 Rhinos and 1 Razorback).

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
your points seem weird...

Hellsteath
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
thats because youre working it out useing the blood angel codex, im using the vanilla codex for this list :)

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Bwahahahah!

No wonder! :)