PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 1500pts - Apols for another BA list!!

Mbbelius
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi all,

Would appreciate any comments or feedback:D

Resclusiarch (Melta Bombs & Jump Pack) 160pts

8 x Death Company (Jump Packs, 1 Power Fist & 3 Power Weapons) 350pts

Assault Squad x 10 (1x Melta, 1 x Flamer & Sarge has Infernus, Melta Bombs and Power Fist) 255pts
S. Priest (Jump Pack) 75pts

Assault Squad x 10 (1x Melta, 1 x Flamer & Sarge has Infernus, Melta Bombs and Power Fist) 255pts
S. Priest (Jump Pack) 75pts

Bael Predator (Heavy Bolters & Flamestorm) 145pts

Death Company Dread (Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Magna Grapple and Drop Pod) 185pts

Comes in at 1500pts:D

The plan would be to use the DC and DC Dread to take out as much as possible and get other players attention whilst Assault squads and Baal mop up... well thats the plan lol.

Cheers for any feedback.

04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Death company are an excellent choice, but I think that the consensus is that DC with jump packs aren't really worthwhile. Because of rage and true Line of Sight, they're almost always moving and perhaps in a direction you don't want them to. You can bypass this by sticking them in a transport and I usually feel pretty comfortable with a rhino. Additionally, with an attached chaplain and so many power weapons, you're likely to feel the disappointment when wound allocation comes up as it inevitably causes you to have fewer power weapon wounds spread out. With that being said, depending on the number of wounds you get, who knows what might happen - it all depends on who you're fighting.

But, I'd nonetheless recommend keeping one power weapon, but dropping the jump packs on the chaplain and DC. With picking up a rhino and extra armour (with DC, I think it's worthwhile for their rhino to have extra armour, just in case... no other rhino really needs), and dropping two power weapons/jump packs you're left with an extra 110 points.

With those extra points, you'd have some flexibility in picking up an extra unit or making a couple of changes elsewhere. One idea you might consider is a couple of attack bikes with multi-meltas. But that's just one idea.

Lastly, it depends on how you want to play this list. You could comfortably keep everything in reserve and use descent of angels for the assault marines and Death Company. Deepstriking death company with jump packs seem promising to me, but haven't yet tried them out. If you do that, however, your dread is taking the brunt of shooting for the first turn, at least.

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Another idea...

Drop 3 Death Company (getting them down to 5)---105
Drop the Drop Pod for the Death Company Dreadnought---35
Drop One Sanguinary Priest---75

Take a Stormraven with Extra Armor: 215
You have a lot of options for the Weapons: I'd Take the Twin Multi-Melta and Twin Assault Cannon-- this will act like a mini-land raider.

You could drop two Death Company Power Weapons to get the Hurricane Bolters too!

You can transport all sorts of stuff in the Stormraven (especially your Dreadnought!). I designed it with the story of the Death Company Stormraven!