PDA

View Full Version : Another Blood Angels list - 1,850

04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

So I jumped on the bandwagon as well and decided to start up Blood Angels. I was hoping for a bit of advice on the list and maybe some feedback on how worthwhile some of these units are.

First and foremost, I want to make a fun army that can be competitive. Currently, I have little strategy to the list as it is outside of keeping things close to my chapter banner and Sanguinor for a lot of extra attacks. :)

HQ
- The Sanguinor - 275

Elites
-Sanguinary Guard - 275
w/ Death Masks
Chapter Banner
Power Fist
Infernus Pistol

-Chaplain

-Sanguinary Priest x 2 - 165
1 w/ Power Weapon & Jump Pack (to go with assault squad)
1 w/ Jump Pack (to join sanguinary guard)

Troops
-Tac Marines x 10 - 245
Plasma Gun/M. Melta
Power Weapon on Sgt.
Rhino

-Tac Marines x 10 - 260
Melta gun/M. Launcher
Power Fist on Sgt and Combi-melta
Rhino

-Assault Squad x 10 - 240
Meltagun x 2
Infernus Pistol/Power Weapon

-Death Company x 9 - 290
Power Weapon
Thunder Hammer
Rhino w/ Extra Armour

1,850 points right on. With this list, the things I know I want are the Death Company, the units of Tac Marines, and the Assault Marines. I feel that Blood Angels have a solid selection of troops choice and want to take advantage of that. The chaplain is necessary too. At least the Sang. Priest to join the assault squad is also necessary, but I'm not entirely sold on the sanguinor or the sanguinary guard yet. Mostly, I want them because I think they look amazing. >.< I feel, however, that for their point costs, I'd be better off with Astorath and another unit of Death Company. :S

Anyways, I'm still new to the list so I recognize there may be little focus, but I just like how hard this list can hit if everything aligns. C&C appreciated! Thanks guys!

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Which appeals to you more...

The Shining Nobel Exemplars of the Imperium...

or the Dark Sinister Calling of Doom that is in the back of the minds of Imperium!

I think that is where you should make your decision about Sanguinor/Astrorath.

I like you mix of squads, vehicles, and units. The Death Company with that Chaplain will be quite a smash hit!

I am in love with the Stormraven...

HQ 275
275 Sanguinor, the Angel
Sanguinor

ELITES 380
105 Sanguinary Priest
Priest, Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol (why not?)
275 Sanguinary Guard
5 Guard, Powerfist, Infernus Pistol, Death Masks, Chapter Banner

Hv SUPPORT 215
215 Stormraven
Extra Armor, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

TROOPS 980
240 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon
245 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Melta
Dedicated Transport: Rhino
370 Death Company
5 Marines, Power Weapon, Thunder Hammer, Jump Packs, Chaplain Lemartes
125 Death Company Furioso
Dreadnought, Blood Talons

You lose some Death Company, a Sanguinary Priest and a Tactical Squad- but you gain a fast Death Company, a Stormraven, and a kick @$$ dreadnought- you could take either the Furioso or the Death Company-- comes down to: Do you want crazies with Super Extra Armor and extra attack? Or do you want 13 Front armor, and the ability to go where you want it to go?

04-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I've been considering using Dante instead of the Sanguinor to give myself another troops unit, as he'll be joining the sang guard. I figure I'll add in two to three more infernus pistols to that squad and keep relatively even with the points, but I'm wondering whether or not to keep one of my other troops choices.

Gah! :( That, or just totally scrap the sang guard, stick Dante in with the assault squad and sang priest and grab either a DC or Furioso Dread and a predator or a Land Raider for the Death Company squad. >.<

Duke
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Dante joining Sanguinary guard is nice...

@ T have you actually been using the Storm Raven? I have only been playing lists that odn't include one. What are your thoughts so far on it?

Mr. Smith
04-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Interesting list, I have a couple questions however. Why do you feel you want the tactical squads and where is your armor punch coming from?

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Dante joining Sanguinary guard is nice...

@ T have you actually been using the Storm Raven? I have only been playing lists that odn't include one. What are your thoughts so far on it?

You have to expect that your opponent will take ONE look at it and say: I want it Dead. So, treat the Stormraven as a Dead Vehicle-- make sure you get the Dread and the Embarked Unit inside where you want them first!

The Hydra is your worst nightmare: Ignores your 4+ cover when you turbo-boost.

04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Interesting list, I have a couple questions however. Why do you feel you want the tactical squads and where is your armor punch coming from?

That's kind of my concern. I feel pretty comfortable assaulting most vehicles with furious charge, with Str 5 should be good against most vehicles. I know it's not a great answer. >.< Nonetheless, the tac squads do each have some anti-tank, whom one of them, I could comfortably combat squad (with the m. launcher). Ultimately, those squads are going to be my objective holders. I'm used to vanilla marines, so my play style with assault marines is to continually move them/assault opponent objectives.

As for the tac squads, perhaps a bit too soon, I bought them and don't really want to waste the money, lol. Plus, again, they hold the concept of basic troops in my mind, with versatility.

Mr. Smith
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
That's kind of my concern. I feel pretty comfortable assaulting most vehicles with furious charge, with Str 5 should be good against most vehicles. I know it's not a great answer. >.< Nonetheless, the tac squads do each have some anti-tank, whom one of them, I could comfortably combat squad (with the m. launcher). Ultimately, those squads are going to be my objective holders. I'm used to vanilla marines, so my play style with assault marines is to continually move them/assault opponent objectives.

As for the tac squads, perhaps a bit too soon, I bought them and don't really want to waste the money, lol. Plus, again, they hold the concept of basic troops in my mind, with versatility.

I'm feeling yeah. I don't know, I just don't think for Blood Angels the use of Tactical Squads will be good to you. Their very point is to shoot while the assault squad would embody the whole Blood Angel theme a bit better and while charging forward, you still have your armor punch. Just give them melta-pistols or a power fist.