PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts Blood Angels

pgarfunkle
04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
So I've finally got my grubby mitts on the new codex this weekend and have spent the day pouring over it and trying to re work my existing army. The list I have come up with below is a mixture of my existing army with a few tweaks and new models to update to the new rules.

Librarian
Epistolary (Blood Lance & Unleash Rage), Jump Pack - 175

Sanguinary Priests
2 x Priests, 1 with Jump Pack - 125

Assault Squad
10 Man, Power fist - 215

Tactical Squad
10 Man, Plasma gun, Missile Launcher, Rhino - 230

Death Company
5 Man, 2 x Power Weapons, 1 x Thunder Hammer, Rhino - 210

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters - 145

Baal Predator
Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers - 140

Furioso Dreadnought
Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod - 175

Scout Squad
4 x Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter - 85

C&C welcome and appreciated

Tynskel
04-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Furioso + Hv Flamer + Blood Talons + Drop Pod = 170

These 5 points could upgrade one rhino to a razorback.

where is your second priest going? Maybe get rid of him?

Those 50 points could upgrade a second rhino to razorback (5 points), get a powerfist (25) for the Tactical Squad, and 2 Meltaguns (20) for the Assault Squad. I think that might be better than having a second priest.

pgarfunkle
04-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Lol cheers for correcting my Math

Yeah I'll probably change the make up of the Assault squad but will need more models to do so (ah well, more plastic crack :))

My plan for the second priest will be to deploy with either the scout squad or the tactical squad and camp on an objective. However you could be right about the second priest, I'm also unconvinced about the scouts as they have never performed well for me so they may also get dropped after a game or two.

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Scouts are a distraction. I mean, look at 'em- 85 points-- that's it!

One of their better tricks is to camp NEAR an objective, but not on it. By not being on the objective, your opponent is less inclined at 'wasting' firepower on them-- then run onto the object at the end of game!

Remember, Blood Angels Scout Hv Bolters do NOT have Hellfire rounds- it is just a regular Hv Bolter.

pgarfunkle
04-13-2010, 05:28 AM
I'd forgotton that Codex Scouts had the special shells to be honest, mine have the heavy bolter only because that is the model that I have.

That was pretty much my plan, I was hoping that there would be an objective in or near cover that I could deploy my scouts near possible with a priest to make them difficult to get rid of and go to ground with them if and where necessary.

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
If you are thinking about using scouts as holding territory and 'going to ground'-- I would ditch the Hv Bolter, find 5 points and give them Camo-Cloaks. nothing like going to ground with a 2+ Cover Save and a FNP roll!