PDA

View Full Version : Iron warriors/Traitor guard/renegades??

mordiano
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone reading!

I play mordian iron guard since 1997 (!) and space wolves.

My favourite army by far is the IG. There are so many models I can use to fill the choices of troops, veterans, psykers etc etc. I love it!!

That aside, Im thinking about starting a plastic army, joining the new age if you will :-)

After some random thinking (ending up with the purchase of the novell Storm of Iron) my decision came to the Iron warriors.

Chaos beeing the army that profits the most from kit-bashing and using the new kits ;)

But what I want your opinion on is wheter to take traitor guard... and if so how??

I know forgeworld released dome rules for their resin guys... and they are of course realy cool!!

And chaos marines used to be able to play with cultists..

So? Should i get going with a combined CSM/renegades list? Only renegades? Only CSM??

Your opinion please!!

Herald of Nurgle
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
First - how many points would you intend to get to, in each army?

If it's 1500 in each, then you're on the right lines. Vraks, AFAIK, has no ally system. Therefore the only CSM you'll have in them is:
- Alpha Legion (Vraks 1, right?)
- World Eaters (Vraks 2) or Death Guard (maybe. Vraks 2)
Vraks 3 is, of course, Daemons

Go for a list of both. If you want Iron Warriors, then get gW Direct Warsmith and Iron Warrior packs. Fill with some 'Thousand Sons' (aka: your heavy troops) and Havocs etc

Up to you

mordiano
08-06-2009, 03:21 PM
First - how many points would you intend to get to, in each army?

If it's 1500 in each, then you're on the right lines. Vraks, AFAIK, has no ally system. Therefore the only CSM you'll have in them is:
- Alpha Legion (Vraks 1, right?)
- World Eaters (Vraks 2) or Death Guard (maybe. Vraks 2)
Vraks 3 is, of course, Daemons

Go for a list of both. If you want Iron Warriors, then get gW Direct Warsmith and Iron Warrior packs. Fill with some 'Thousand Sons' (aka: your heavy troops) and Havocs etc

Up to you

But since I´m EVIL I can paint theese guys Iron warriors... as far as i gather they scrapped all the legion specific rules anyways..

So you are saying that according to Forgeworl rules I can play that dreamed combined list??

-looks forard into herding traitors int enemy gun-lines

Herald of Nurgle
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Ah... not really. Nearest to 'Iron Warriors' you can get is the Alpha Legion of Vraks... and they're nowhere near the fluff. That and the fact they're just Chosen with less leadership and less options

Look inside and find out! ^_^