PDA

View Full Version : Blood angels, 2500 pts of ard boyz goodness (?)

ashnaile
04-11-2010, 09:45 PM
librarian /w jetpack, blood lance, unleash rage 125
librarian /w jetpack, blood lance, unleash rage 125

Sanguinary priest /w jetpack 75
Sanguinary priest /w jetpack 75
Furioso librarian /w blood lance & wings 175

10x assault/ 2x melta sarge /w power fist 235
10x assault/ 2x melta sarge /w power fist 235
5x assault marines /w 1x meltagun in TLAC razorback 165
10x tacticals, meltagun missile launcher in rhino 225
10x tacticals, meltagun missile launcher in rhino 225

baal pred /w hvy bolter sponsors 145
baal pred /w hvy bolter sponsors 145
baal pred 115

Vindi 145
vindi 145
vindi 145

Mr. Smith
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Alright, I don't about anybody else but I like three fast vindicators, especially if you get first turn. Now why would you want to take the vanguard veterans and how would you be using your assault squads. Foot slogging it or maybe deep striking?

Duke
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm assuming your using the tac squads wiu locator beacons for the vanguard vets and all the other stuff to deep strike on to.

In my experince vindis aren't as great as you would like to think, the prevalance of cover ruins them, I've tied and tried to love fast vindis but it just isn't working... What I have like though is autocannon/ sponson lascannon preds.

I like the hq choices as well! All in all I think it is a good list, but I think you could still squeeze some cheese out of the dex for are boyz if you really wanted

duke

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
This list is a good idea, However, not enough cheese.

You gotta think cheese

Cheeeesseee

I mean lots of cheese.

The Army you WILL face:
Leafblower.

2 Valks
2 Medusas
3 Hydras
1 Manticore
2 Command Squads with Plasma Rifles, Officer of Fleet, Astropath, ALL in chimeras
(We are already at 10 Tanks)
2 Vet Squads with Meltas (in the valks)
Inquisitor with Mystics---THIS WILL CRIPPLE your Deep Strikes, Combined with the Officer of the Fleet.
A Crapload of Infantry with EVERYTHING mounted.

You will face between 15-20 tanks in the Leafblower.

Soooooo...

Look at your list again- ask yourself- Can you wipe the Leafblower off the map? Do you feel lucky, PUNK!

The games last 2.5 Hours--- at Championships: The Leafblower TABLED his opponents in under an hour--- each game.

Here's some advice:

Get rid of Unleashed Rage, and Replace with Shield of Sanguinius-- those cover saves will be important- especially since you use the power in the Enemy's turn, not yours- so you will be able cast both powers without having to be Epistolary.

You have more scoring units that you need--- you have to be wiping your opponent off the map--- Must Demoralize them, remove their will to continue to fight.

Change two Vindicators to Predator Destructors with Lascannon Sponsons. The Vindicators are awesome- but even with Fast, the three tanks are still not firing on turn one. I LOVE vindicators, but just take one. The Destructors will just put hurt out on transports.

Ditch a Tactical Squad.
Replace with:
Furioso
Ditch the Storm Shields on your Vanguard Veterans, and buy power weapons. Now your 6 Man Vanguard Squad will kill. Except- I do not know how you did the math on your vanguard... I don't know how you did your math on your Assault Squads. Do not get your math wrong at 'Ard Boyz--- Auto ejection!!!!

HQ 250
125 Librarian
Codicer, Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
125 Librarian
Codicer, Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius

ELITES 575
150 Sanguinary Priests
2 Sanguinary Priests, 2 Jump Packs
200 Furioso
Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Hv Flamer, Magna Grapple, Extra Armor
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod
225 Furioso Librarian
Dreadnought, Librarian, Frag Launcher, Magna Grapple, Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguinius
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

Hv SUPPORT 425
155 Vindicator
Tank, Siege Shield
135 Predator Destructor
Tank, Lascannon Sponsons
135 Predator Destructor
Tank, Lascannon Sponsons

TROOPS 740
245 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Hand Flamer, 2 Meltaguns
245 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Hand Flamer, 2 Meltaguns
250 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Meltagun, Powerfist, Missile Launcher
Dedicated Transport: Rhino

FAST ATTACK 510
115 Baal Predator
Tank
115 Baal Predator
Tank
280 Vanguard Veteran Squad
6 Marines, Powerfist Sgt, 5 Power Weapons, Jump Packs

Try this out. Try to get someone to play against the Leafblower-- use stand-ins if you have too. If you do not know the Leafblower--- the list was posted on BoLS- just search Leafblower. Also, try to Fight Space Wolves- those guys will be strong too.

Some other advice--- do NOT hesitate to reserve this force-- blood angels excel at reserves. Re-rolling reserves for Jump Packs. Tanks that can move onto board and fire at full capacity.

ashnaile
04-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Yea, a lot of valid points, as for leafblower,It's definitely scary. But i have 3000 pts of ig and know well how it works, Though i dont really run a true leafblower, i run 6 chimeras 2 plascutioners a medusa and manticore 3 vendettas and vets, marbo, pbs etc.

was planning on dsing both assault squads, trying to set up a double blood lance on their chimera parking lot, as you literally cannot run leafblower without having at least 3-5 tanks in a line somewhere ... its great for powers like blood lance ... kill up to 5 chimeras in 1 shot! woo!

You were right about the assault squad cost also, i had been playing around with cost too much in notepad .... damn armybuilder datafile needs to come out already :(

Stormshields are on vanguard vets for that one power weapon thats always buried in every squad :( i dont like just picking up expensive vets some some loser guardsman with a powerfist just punched ...

I like your idea of a furioso librarian, for a third blood lance, but a dread with blood talons? right after all that mech talk you put a dread thats only good at anti infantry? sure hes str 6 ... but hits on a vehicle dont generate new swings ... wounds do.

Lastly for inquisitors yea it can be a ***** to dsing forces, but its usually not too hard to blow up their chimera and slaughter the t3 weaklings inside lol ... especially if they have an officer of the fleet helping me keep the assault squads and such out of harms way, 1-3 turns is more than enough to kill 4 guys in a chimera.

Mr. Smith
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm assuming your using the tac squads wiu locator beacons for the vanguard vets and all the other stuff to deep strike on to.

Interesting, I guess I just question the use of using tac squads instead of assault squads in a Blood Angel list, to me, it just screams vanilla. To me the beauty of Blood Angels is the manipulation of the furious charge and feel no pain, combined with a fast army that can get drop it's payload and unload it's melta and pop vehicles rather quickly.

In my experince vindis aren't as great as you would like to think, the prevalance of cover ruins them, I've tied and tried to love fast vindis but it just isn't working... What I have like though is autocannon/ sponson lascannon preds.

Really, huh, you'd figure you'd be able to shoot first turn in a regular mission.

ashnaile
04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
i dont see how a vindi couldnt shoot first turn with 3 of them you cant hide from them all without reserving. Ill just deploy them along the board evenly if im going first as far forward as possible, up to 48" range on regular deployment ...

Revised list posted in OP after considering various input. new c&c please.

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Yea, a lot of valid points, as for leafblower,It's definitely scary. But i have 3000 pts of ig and know well how it works, Though i dont really run a true leafblower, i run 6 chimeras 2 plascutioners a medusa and manticore 3 vendettas and vets, marbo, pbs etc.

was planning on dsing both assault squads, trying to set up a double blood lance on their chimera parking lot, as you literally cannot run leafblower without having at least 3-5 tanks in a line somewhere ... its great for powers like blood lance ... kill up to 5 chimeras in 1 shot! woo!

You were right about the assault squad cost also, i had been playing around with cost too much in notepad .... damn armybuilder datafile needs to come out already :(

Stormshields are on vanguard vets for that one power weapon thats always buried in every squad :( i dont like just picking up expensive vets some some loser guardsman with a powerfist just punched ...

I like your idea of a furioso librarian, for a third blood lance, but a dread with blood talons? right after all that mech talk you put a dread thats only good at anti infantry? sure hes str 6 ... but hits on a vehicle dont generate new swings ... wounds do.

Lastly for inquisitors yea it can be a ***** to dsing forces, but its usually not too hard to blow up their chimera and slaughter the t3 weaklings inside lol ... especially if they have an officer of the fleet helping me keep the assault squads and such out of harms way, 1-3 turns is more than enough to kill 4 guys in a chimera.

The Blood Taloned Dreadnought, yes is for infantry: Its for the guys in 'cans' that you crack open, make VERY short work of squads- it can do Backup tank killing with the Melta/Magna Grapple and Str 6(or 7) on the charge.

I figured you would like having a Third Blood Lance with the Furioso. :)

The problem with the Inquisitor is that all those free shots can really muck you up before you get to even fire.

I understand the 'Powerfist' problem with the Vanguard Vets... However--- 5 Power weapons, 1 Powerfist... = 20 Power Weapon Attacks, and 3 Powerfist Attacks-- with a Priest nearby- that's a lot of Str 5, I5. I don't think you'll have to worry about the Powerfist attacking back--- I actually recommend switching the Sgt. Back to Power Weapon duty- Because 24 Power Weapon Attacks on the charge is nasty! You are right- 24 Str5 I5 Power Weapons, will statistically kill 8 Marines on the charge. You will need to throw some assisted fire into the squad to whittle it down by 2 Marines. You really need 8 Vanguard Vets with Power Weapons to wipe out a Marine Squad on its own. However- 24 Power Weapon attacks will wipeout a Guard Squad.