PDA

View Full Version : Heresy and the Word Bearers.

FaultyVoodoo
04-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Okay so I just got done with the short story, Scions of the Storm, and

OH RIGHT, spoiler alert?

anyway, at the end Lorgar says that the Emperor in his infinite wisdom drove them to this point (IIRC). Is this saying that Lorgar believes that it is a necessary part of the Emp's plan for them to turn to chaos? Also, he implies that the religion of Colchis was actually chaos worship, which means that Lorgar was corrupt from his upbringing onward. Or am I taking a short story too seriously in terms of backround?

Fellend
04-12-2010, 02:51 AM
That the Emperor drove them to this point seems to suggest more that the Emperor forced them to become what they are by not accepting them. Not that he told them to do it. as for the rest I have no idea, and besides, who knows what lies the heretics spew.

Melissia
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Considering it's Lorgar saying it, I'd take it with a grain of salt. He may have been corrupt from the start, though.

wittdooley
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
That the Emperor drove them to this point seems to suggest more that the Emperor forced them to become what they are by not accepting them. Not that he told them to do it. as for the rest I have no idea, and besides, who knows what lies the heretics spew.

I think this is closer to on point. Lorgar's brood have always been zealots. The Emperor's non-acceptance forced them to place their zeal in a place that would accept it.

But always remember that Lorgar & Erebus were primary archetects of the heresy.

FaultyVoodoo
04-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Yes, being as Erebus is the son of Chaos in Greek mythology. I was just put off by Lorgar saying "infinite wisdom" Then again, it is Lorgar of course. Lorgar, you Demagogue you!

Fellend
04-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Sarcasm, used to mock even Immortal God-Emperors.