PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Flesh Tearers

Phairsto
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
HQ: Ashur; Reclusiarch: infernus pistol, melta bombs (150 pts)

Elites: Somnus, Memnoch and Sargon ; Sanguinary Priests: power weapons, jump packs and melta bombs (285 pts)

Troops: 3 Assault Squads: 10 marines, melta bombs, powerfist, 1x melta gun each (690 pts)

Troops: Death Company: 11 marines, 1x thunderhammer, 1x powerfist, 3x power weapons (320 pts)

Troops: Marduk; Death Company dreadnaught: blood talons, heavy flamer, magna grapple (150 pts)

Heavy Support: Hadad; Stormraven gunship: typhoon missile launcher, twin-linked lascannon, hurricane bolters (255 pts)

concept is to put the Reclusiarch with the Death Company and the DC dreadnaught in the Stormraven, have the sanguinary priests with the assault squads and rush everything in. Not sure how competitive it will be, but I think at least I'll have fun, and games should be decided pretty quick!

EDIT: though I do love Gabriel Seth, I tend not to use special characters like chapter masters in anything outside of Apocalypse. I find it difficult to believe my 1850 point game is important enough for the leader of a chapter to show up to. Also, from a purely competitive standpoint, I feel like the reclusiarch benefits my army much more than Seth ever would. I do plan on getting an adding Seth to my army, as well as a counts-as Tycho, eventually.

Capraco
04-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I think maybe the hurricane bolters on the stormraven are a bit much. The raven's main job is to get your DC and dread in place, most guys aren't going to let it live more then that if they let it live that long. Thats saves you 30 points to give the assault squads each an extra meltagun or an infernus pistol and extra armor for your storm raven. Other then that I like it,its fast and to the point. Have you considered deepstriking everything to avoid leafblowers it also a tactic to take into account.

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
HQ 150
150 Ashur
Reclusiarch, Infernus Pistol, Melta Bombs

ELITES 190
190 Sanguinary Priests
Somnus, Memnoch, 2 Power Weapons, 2 Jump Packs, 2 Meltabombs

TROOPS 1165
235 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns
235 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Power Weapon, 3 Plasma Pistols
295 Death Company
11 Marines, Thunder Hammer, 3 Power Weapons
150 Marduk
Death Co. Dread, Blood Talons, Hv Flamer, Magna Grapple

Hv SUPPORT 345
255 Hadad
Stormraven, Typhoon Launcher, Twin-Linked Lascannon, Hurricane Bolters
90 Havoc
Whirlwind Multiple Missile Launcher

This will give you more flexibility to your force. You now have more Meltaguns! You lose one Sanguinary Priest, but the added firepower from his loss without a significant loss in the Priesthood.

The Whirlwind adds some nice bombardment to your opponent- you can move 6" and do indirect fire (p.70 main rulebook) or move 12" and use direct fire (p. 58, 70 Main Rulebook).

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
the points for your assault squads are off, should be 675 for 3 10 man squads with one melta and a powerfist.

You are forgetting the Melta Bombs--- that's 15 points.

blackjack
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I like your list. The only thing I would say is you need a Librarian. A Libby can do what a chappie can do (grant rerolls) and then provide cover saves in the enemies turn and provide anti psi and costs less...

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
However, the Reclisiarch is a Bad Mo'Fo.

3 wounds, WS 5, BS 5, 4 attacks, 5 on the charge. I5/6 on the charge!

Phairsto
04-13-2010, 02:07 PM
I like your thinking Tynskel, I'll play around with this!
Thanks!