PDA

View Full Version : Re: Dark Angels

ForeverHero
04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
I keep hearing rumors that say that the Dare coming sooner, i.e. within the next year, vs. later. Has anyone else heard this as well? It was my understanding that the DA were quite a ways off but I keep seeing postings on other forums that say different.
As a veteran, DA player I'm looking forward to the new codex, especially after seeing how they reworked the SW and BA codex's.

Cheers,

FH

Gooball
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Haven't heard th rumor but DA is a fairly old codex, i would say mid 2011 is soonest you'd get it. I always liked the DA cloak things and the fluff behind them :) (That and the fact im awesome at painting green)

Melissia
04-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Currently we're looking at Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Necrons, and Sisters as having rumors indicating they'll come, probably in that order. Haven't heard too much about Dark Angels, but I reckon it'll be another xeno or heretic faction after Sisters, and then Dark Angels after that.

Lerra
04-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Templars take the slot that Melissia mentions - their codex is older than the DA dex after all. If I had to guess, I'd say that after Sisters are Eldar (2011), Black Templars (2011-2012), Tau (2012), and then Dark Angels (2012). Maybe Chaos SMs in 2012 as well.

Honestly, I'm hoping they wait until 6th edition for the DA dex, though. I'd hate for it to be released at the end of the edition cycle like last time.

Gooball
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Grey knights before Necrons? they're supposedly a christmas release :P
And you have to factor fantasy in this aswell,
DE-O+g/Tk-Necrons-O+g/TK-Sisters/GK then its just a case of oldest/most popular codex really

isotope99
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't see it coming anytime soon. There are already some pretty good plastic dark angels upgrade sprues (Veterans and Ravenwing), whereas SW and BA had almost nothing in the way of plastic kits.

There are also a few vanilla marine characters (Lysander, Kantor and Korsarro Khan/Bike captain for example) that can represent the key dark angels themes like the Ravenwing fairly well with a bit of imagination.

Add the two together and I think they'll be last on the list of specific space marine chapters. Grey knights are my bet for the next marine themed list, they need the plastic models and could have some good synergy with Imperial Guard with some plastic Inquisitorial storm troopers.

My bet for plastic kits:

Grey Knights
Grey Knight Terminators
Inquisitorial storm troopers
Maybe the storm raven, but my guess is we'll be waiting for the next version of the core marine codex for a big kit like that.

Melissia
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Grey knights before Necrons? they're supposedly a christmas release :P
And you have to factor fantasy in this aswell,
DE-O+g/Tk-Necrons-O+g/TK-Sisters/GK then its just a case of oldest/most popular codex really

If by they, you mean Grey Knights. I'm just oging off of all the various rumors that have been discussed in the BoLS and the BoLS Lounge, mind...

EnglishInquisition
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I can't see Dark Angels getting a new codex any time soo. They were the first Marines to get a revamp (cheap rhinos, bolt pistols etc), and there are still models to come for Space Wolves and Blood Angels. Grey Knights ARE getting a lot of talktime at the moment and the tie in to the Stormraven as a "shared release" (Blood Angels release wave 1.5) to guarantee a good launch for the Grey Knights may prove too tempting for GW! Honestly think we'll see Black Templars way before Dark Angels again.

musical-fool
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I would like to see some sort of update for the DA in the lines of possibly, may the Emperor have mercy! of a White Dwarf update so as to give the gift of 3+ storm shields, apothecary rules, etc.

Important update issue to be sorted: A better invuln save for Belial (5+/4+).

In my local store I (deathwing player) am allowed by the other players to play a 3+ save but then I don't know what it is like on the tourney scene which I would like to get into later this year.

Which rule-bending/harmonising do you allow/play? Or even better has an update been issued by GW?

EnglishInquisition
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=musical-fool;67439]I would like to see some sort of update for the DA in the lines of possibly, may the Emperor have mercy! of a White Dwarf update so as to give the gift of 3+ storm shields, apothecary rules, etc.
QUOTE]

The latest FAQ from GW doesn't cover these points, so I would play according to the Codex to avoid nasty suprises. Some tournaments may allow "common rules" for such items, so worth checking beforehand with the organisers.

Shagrath
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Well heres the deal dpa mentioned in a post on warseer robes and a broken sword in the coming year.. Obviously this made more than a few of the DA players happy, but when pressed on it various other members and DPA himself basically stated that it's grey knights. There are currently few or no DA rumors other than confirmations that GW are working on them (from harry no less).

Templars also have little besides constant constant comments on delays, and that one bit about Cruddace doing the new dex ( I loled.)

The codexes coming up as said before are dark eldar, grey knights, necrons, sisters. After that the schedule opens up.

Lerra
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Generally at tournaments, they ask DA players to play by the codex. The Black Templar players are also stuck with the 4+ storm shields that only work in assault. For casual play, anything goes, though.

Personally, I'd be thrilled with a White Dwarf update. It would help bridge the gap until the next full codex update.

DarkLink
04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Grey Knights
Grey Knight Terminators
Inquisitorial storm troopers
Maybe the storm raven, but my guess is we'll be waiting for the next version of the core marine codex for a big kit like that.

The Grey Knights are probably going to be a core Marine codex, with at the most a minimum of Inquisition units. And we know that the Storm Raven will be in their codex, thanks to the fluff in the BA 'dex. Add two and two together and I see no reason why GW wouldn't release the Storm Raven with the GK codex, so long as it is complete by then (which appears to be why it wasn't released with the BA dex).

Well heres the deal dpa mentioned in a post on warseer robes and a broken sword in the coming year.. Obviously this made more than a few of the DA players happy, but when pressed on it various other members and DPA himself basically stated that it's grey knights. There are currently few or no DA rumors other than confirmations that GW are working on them (from harry no less).

Templars also have little besides constant constant comments on delays, and that one bit about Cruddace doing the new dex ( I loled.)

The codexes coming up as said before are dark eldar, grey knights, necrons, sisters. After that the schedule opens up.

There have been a lot of Grey Knight rumors that have been mistaken for DA rumors. Like the jetbike one, for example...:D

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
The Dark Angels were my first army i collected to well into a Apoc army, then sold them. But still i love there miniatures, fluff and unique rules.
They were hard done by GW, and being used as a test for C:SM, i hope they get the new codex they deserve and equalize them to current SW or BA's codex toughness.

But not until they do my current love of SoB that ive collected from there first release.

If GW are listening (i know fat chance of that) hurry up and release more GK and SoB

DarkLink
04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Hopefully, they'll eventually get around to them and make them into the "shooty" Marines, like how BA and SW (and BT) are CC Marines.

Duke
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Hopefully, they'll eventually get around to them and make them into the "shooty" Marines, like how BA and SW (and BT) are CC Marines.

This would be very cool... I could imagine Terminators that have multiple heavy weapons, like Plasma Cannons and such. You could even stretch things a little bit and give the Dark Angels the "suspensors," that old Xenos Hunters had, it would allow you to move and fire a heavy weapon... That would be great!

Duke

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-13-2010, 12:14 AM
I can imagine that aswell, i mean there whole first company is nothing but Terminators in 5 man squads.
They should be allowed more heavy weaopns, plasms seems to be there weapon of choice so hey, give the termies Plasma cannons

Bigred
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
In general, we are looking at the following 3 codices coming up next:
Dark Eldar
Grey Knights
Necrons

There is nothing certain regarding order, but that seems be where we are.

HsojVvad
04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=musical-fool;67439]I would like to see some sort of update for the DA in the lines of possibly, may the Emperor have mercy! of a White Dwarf update so as to give the gift of 3+ storm shields, apothecary rules, etc.
QUOTE]

The latest FAQ from GW doesn't cover these points, so I would play according to the Codex to avoid nasty suprises. Some tournaments may allow "common rules" for such items, so worth checking beforehand with the organisers.

Sorr I do not agree with you. We already waited this long, might as well wait another year or two and have a proper update no PDF fiasco like the BA had. I want fluff in my book, lots of it, and seeing what the BA had in their PDF, no thank you.

Grubbslinger
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=EnglishInquisition;67449]

Sorr I do not agree with you. We already waited this long, might as well wait another year or two and have a proper update no PDF fiasco like the BA had. I want fluff in my book, lots of it, and seeing what the BA had in their PDF, no thank you.
We already have a good amount of fluff in the codex right now. It would be nice to have updated rules on some of the wargear at least so you can play your DA now rather then wait two years for it. I simple FAQ stating "HEY DA and BT can use C:SM stormshield rules, etc." would surffice for me.

Sparda
04-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I haven't heard anything about a new DA codex yet either, mostly just grey knights and necrons, and some about the sisters of battles. Personally I'm really hoping for new plastic grey knights and sisters of battle, the old sister models are horrendous, well, just the faces mostly.

Prodigalson
04-16-2010, 10:07 AM
IF Dark Angels get a Codex by or in 2012 I will be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the first chapter AFTER the next basic marine boox. i.e say 3rd-4th codex into 6th edition.

Better get used to being Smurfs, boys.