PDA

View Full Version : Least Lethal

ChaosLord127
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Alright,

This one is a sister thread to Most Lethal ( http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=615 ). For this one, let's hear your personal worst or least succesful unit. Not what you think is useless in the codex, but what unit in your collection has failed the most. Any particularily epic failures?

Mine is my Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince.

He managed to deploy in the wrong area of the board (random deployment entries for each unit), ran towards a deep striking unit, who were destroyed before he got there, then turned around to try and kill some sisters (it was against a sister/IG force), but was then mauled by a group of 20 Repentia... Total kill count for him: 0 models. Games played with him: 7

Cthulhu
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm sure this is probably a flaw in the way I'm playing them, but Noise Marines have failed me everytime I've fielded them since 5th edition came out.

blueshift
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
grots

j/k they are awesome for the 4+ save!

wraithguard are pretty lame.
tankbustas.
d-cannon batteries.
razorbacks.
necrons. (lol)
noise marines.

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Scout snipers. The sgt always rolls a one to hit and the few that do hit can never wound. The missle launcher is the only one that ever seems to kill anything, and thats rare. I just paiinted their cool volcanic camo on their capes last night so maybe they will do better.

Trinity
08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
My Least succesful unit has been my Wolfguard BodyGuard with the mark of the Wulfen. I have ran him in at least 20 games. He has died in every game and has a kill count of six. Which all happened in one game. Flat out the laziest model in my army. :)

T.

Miami
08-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I have a few under performers, but the ones that most notably come to mind are my Storm Raven scouts with sniper rifles (they can never hit! WITH A SNIPER RIFLE!) and one old Chaos Marine with a Missile Launcher. He is one of my oldest models, and yet he never seems to be able to hit with his rocket launcher!

I also have a heck of a time with multi-meltas. Usually just need a 3+, but rarely ever get it.

ChaosLord127
08-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Scout snipers. The sgt always rolls a one to hit and the few that do hit can never wound. The missle launcher is the only one that ever seems to kill anything, and thats rare. I just paiinted their cool volcanic camo on their capes last night so maybe they will do better.

Well, a new paintjob is always a good morale booster for the troops. Especially when it's a cool one.

I have a few under performers, but the ones that most notably come to mind are my Storm Raven scouts with sniper rifles (they can never hit! WITH A SNIPER RIFLE!) and one old Chaos Marine with a Missile Launcher. He is one of my oldest models, and yet he never seems to be able to hit with his rocket launcher!

I also have a heck of a time with multi-meltas. Usually just need a 3+, but rarely ever get it.

Maybe he is having a senior moment hahaha. And don't you hate it when you can't hit with something thats an almost sure hit? I once tried to shoot a carnifex 1 inch away with a chaos marine... missed. I only needed one wound to take it down too, but it slammed into my troops and murdered almost my entire army.

Grumpy Ripper
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
my hammerhead its unbelivable how rarely it hits and if it does 99% it fails to pen even armour 12 :(

Rafe_131
08-07-2009, 07:47 AM
My Ripper's...they have never inflicted a single wound. They mostly just run around taking up space on the table and points in my army list. But I love the model and the fluff behind them, so just keep puttin' them out there.....

grimm
08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Bane wolf.

Honestly, most people are so afraid of it that it gets pounded to death by the start of turn 3.

It's worth it, in many cases, as the longer I can keep it alive and moving, the more shots they need to plunk into it.

the_killer23
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
My colossus.

Stunned a Vindicator and killed 2 gaunts. That's it.

Grimgore
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
as a chaos player, and i hate to say this, but my least lethal unit so far has been my oblits. i have been horrendously unlucky with them, dang oblit dice rolls, the funny thing is all my other units have good-excellent rolls. i tried using them for 4-5 games with nothing panning out for me.

Tacoo
10-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Mine is simple, broadsides. i havnt played tau in a while but i could count on them to never hit, even when giving them a BS of 5, in one game a squad of 3 managed to immoblise a ork vechicle, just to have it roll for grot riggers next turn and move again...... ohh and that game whent on for 6 turns, with not a single one dying.

for my Daemons it would have to be my bloodcrushers, i can count on them to never land on target, but to eather scatter into the enemie or to go flying backwords and not do anything the whole game, but in my opinion its the soulgrinders fault since they NEVER scatter more then 3 inches.

im just startin chaos marines, but if it goes how my first game was, then it might be my lord, everyturn he rolled a 1 on his daemon weapon, so as such couldnt attack. hope that changes in next game

eldargal
10-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Eldar Guardians, never found much use for them so I take Dire Avengers instead. It is probably my fault.

Wolfshade
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Not so much a unit, but Brother Frank from my Honour Guard, armed with his plasma gun never fails to have it explode in his hands, I sometimes think it would be better if he threw it at the opponets than trying to fire it

Lord Azaghul
10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Guard HW Lascannon teams. Even with the orders they hardly hit, when they do they roll a 1-2 for the armour roll, IF they actually do pen - they roll a 1.

JxKxR
10-28-2009, 10:25 AM
My sniper drones couldn't kill anything so hammered them flat... oddly enough the rest of my army showed significant improvment.

Brother Mord
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
As an individual model I would have to say my multi melta armed attack bike, guarenteed to roll a one to hit when he fires, every time.

To be fair to him it had done some good in game but the stigma is there permantly, we laugh about it now.

As a unit choice I would have to say my razorbacks. They dont see much game time and never seem to perform well for me. I think it has to do more with my lack of knowing the best way to use them than anything else.

Xas
10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I have to nominate one and a half...

first my vendetta(s). its a pair of them and it seams they are in love with each other. why? do you ask...

because they spend more time glaring at each other than actually killing anything. I allmost never hit more than once before reroll and the rerol seldom helps. even if they score a pen or glance all they do is stun the tank.

on the other hand they are pretty good at killing single space marines sitting on objectives.

second nominated is my tzeentchian sorcerer (primaris psyker) but only half. because half the time he is god of badassery incarnate (once he killed a dreadnought he shot point blank into the face in one shooting phase. yes he glanced it to death with s6 shots!) and the other time he fails misserably.

especially his last game... ha charges next to my coutns as straken on a 250points carnifex outside synapse. with 5A rerolling hits (priest) he manages to score a wound with his psychic power unspent this turn he would be ready to slay the beast with his forceweapon...
only to roll a double 5 and fail the psychic test -.-

Lerra
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
My Land Raider Crusader versus Chaos Daemons' Changeling. I failed the leadership test vs. Glamour 4 turns out of 5 and took out a quarter of my own army.

Crae
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
My SM assault termies. They have moved down on my list of stuff that I need. They have the last five games done nothing but been a royal pain in the behind....for myself.

Game 1- Deepstriking on the backline to cause a bit of chaos and to allow my rhinos to get unscathed to the objective. I expected casualties, but hey where hit by a single obliterator, a single plasma cannon shot and all died horribly. The Rhinos dodged everything thrown at them.......what a waste.

Game 2- Deepstriking......................... ... ... ...

Game 3- Deepstriking seemed to be a bad idea at this point, so I stuffed them into a LR crusader and thought that at least I would get them to where they should be, reasonably unharmed........NOOOTTTT!!!
One lucky...very lucky.... lascannon shot and nothing emerged from the wreck.......:eek:

Game 4- Vindicators hurt....

Game 5- This was the last and final straw.... Getting shoot up by a squad of guards after whipping their command squad......they are now shelved until further notice.....

Valkerie
10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Mine has to be the rocket launcher in my command headquarters. Nine times out of ten, he fails to hit the target. When he does hit, he usually fails to wound, even with krak missiles. I figure the only reason he hasn't been shot for incompetence is because he's the Colonel's nephew.

Kall3m0n
10-28-2009, 07:17 PM
My 8 models strong done unit (tau).
They should be used as annoyance (spelling?) and/or pinning.
Used them in eleven games. They have killed two boyz, but done nothing more.
Totally sucks.
And they are 96p (i think) in total.

Droofus
10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Guard HW Lascannon teams. Even with the orders they hardly hit, when they do they roll a 1-2 for the armour roll, IF they actually do pen - they roll a 1.

I am so relieved that someone else is having this problem. We should start a support group.

Do yours run away too? Mine are not only blind but also cowardly!