PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 1,500 (yet another BA Army List)

lobster-overlord
04-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at a semi-competitive Blood Angels list using the new book. I want to have my bases covered with troops, but keep it fun for me. We have a mix of armies in the local group. Standard CSM, Mech/Melta IG, Mech Eldar, DH, another BA army, I've yet to see, an ork hoard and more general lists.

It's just under 1500 so I have some wiggle room. I have access to pretty much every unit in the book, so subs wouldn't be a problem if someone thinks I'm doing something completely whack with this list.

HQ
Reclusiarch

Elite
Sanguinary Priest x2 (Stock and Bro. Corbulo)

Troops
Death Company x5 Boltguns, w/ TLLC Razorback (can attach Reclusiarch and still fit in RB)

Assault Squad x10 2x plasma pistols, sgt w/ plasma/pw.

Assault Squad x10 melta, plasma pistol, sgt w/plasma/pw

Death Company Dreadnought w/ Blood Talons, heavy flamer
Drop Pod

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ AC and flamers (can switch with my Predator turret to get the HB sponsons if need be)

Vanguard x5 w/ HB Razorback Lightning Claws x2, power fist.

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I am not sure what the second priest is doing (either corbulo or the regular priest), because there is no transport for one of them.

Quick fix:
The Sanguinary Priest
Take a Multi-Melta Land Speeder

HQ 130
Reclusiarch

ELITES 105
105 Corbulo

TROOPS 855
190 Death Co.
5 Marines, 5 Bolters
Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/ Twin-Linked Lascannons
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 3 Plasma Pistols, Power Weapon
245 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Meltagun, 2 Plasma Pistols, Power Weapon
170 Death Company Dreadnought
Dread, Blood Talons, Hv Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK 410
60 Land Speeder
Speeder, Multi-Melta
140 Baal Predator
Tank, Hv Flamer Sponsons
210 Vanguard Veteran Squad
5 Marines, Sgt with a Powerfist, 2 with a single Lightning Claws
Dedicated Transport: Razorback

I am not sure if I like this list. For Example, why the Death Company and Death Company Dread? Realistically, the Death Company expensive, but have few advantages with just bolters. The Re-rolling to wound is nice, but I am not sure it beats just having a foot Assault Squad with the Twin-Linked Lascannon Razorback- use the extra 30 points for 2 more Lightning claws in the Vanguard squad. You can now control where the squad goes, and you can exchange the dread for a furioso. Then, the Chaplain would be in the Vanguard squad- a better place for him- Re-rolling to hit lighting claws.

The list feels like it is loosely put together, without a plan of operation.

Actually a better plan:

HQ 130
Reclusiarch

ELITES 105
105 Corbulo

TROOPS 1065
245 Death Co.
5 Marines, 2 Power Weapon and Bolt Pistols, Powerfist and Bolter, 2 Bolters
Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/ Twin-Linked Lascannons
155 Assault Squad
5 Marines, Meltagun, Power Weapon and Hand Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Razorback
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 3 Plasma Pistols, Power Weapon
245 Assault Squad
10 Marines, Meltagun, 2 Plasma Pistols, Power Weapon
170 Death Company Dreadnought
Dread, Blood Talons, Hv Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK 200
60 Land Speeder
Speeder, Multi-Melta
140 Baal Predator
Tank, Hv Flamer Sponsons

This list has more melta, maximized use for the Chaplain's re-rolling powers, and another scoring unit. Personally, I think the flying assault squad with the Meltagun and 2 Plasmas should be 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, and Melta bombs.

lobster-overlord
04-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I am using models I have built already, so adding meltas is not an option, as I am a WYSIWYG player. (I prefer that as it is easier to function with.) So adding a lot of Melta isn't really an option for me.

Why would a transport be necessary for a SP?

I do like the Land Speeder idea though.

pchappel
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I've been having some good luck with one of my Sang Priests (Medics) loaded out with a hand flamer and jump pack to run with my Assault Squads (w/ Jump Packs)... Will have to give the Power Weapon option a try, but the mobile FNP is REALLY nice for the troops...

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Sanguinary Priest by himself will get zzapped and killed. Giving away a kill point for no reason!

While in a transport: cannot be killed. 2 The radius of FC and FNP comes from the hull of the transport!

you don't even have to get out when the squad gets out- as long as the transport hull is within 6" of the squad(s), they benefit from FNP and FC.

lobster-overlord
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I was thinking about this at work today, about the transport. I completely forgot to list the Sang Priest as a Jump pack trooper, so he can ride with the assault squads. That uses up the wiggle room I built in (and takes off the storm Bolter from the baal which I'd wanted to use.

cajun 40k
04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Looks like a whole lot of dudes. I'd drop the Vanguard cause they are hella expensive for what you get.

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Looks like a whole lot of dudes. I'd drop the Vanguard cause they are hella expensive for what you get.

with Decent of Angels, Vanguard Veterans should really deep strike with at least a bunch of power weapons.

They will not very likely Mishap, and they will be close enough to pull off the charge!

lobster-overlord
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
So I ran this tonight against a shooty Necron army and came out a Draw in Capture/Control mission.

I did change the Sang Priest to have a jump pack and he was with a deep striking Assault Squad (w/ Infernus).

I would have done better but kept forgetting that Pistol were Assault 1 and I could shoot still before charge (am I right in thinking 4th ed removed that?) But had the game gone to a 7th turn, I would have won because he was about to phase out.

The drop pod's storm bolter took the final wound onto a 700 pt wraith/lord unit that caused them to flee off the board which helped.

The Dread took several rounds from wraiths before going down, but the Vanguard in the RB worked well with Corbulo, having Furious Charge into those same wraiths. FC and FNP all over the place worked great, but only one unit sucummbed to the Red Thirst andthat was the unit sitting on the objective. It got owned by the C'tan though in the end.

The Baal didn't last against wraiths in CC. The DC didn't last because the C'tan cracked them open and made them come to him. They got their first round at st 5, but after that, couldn't touch him.

The Deep Striking squad with the SP did very well against two units of 10 warriors and 8 Immortals. They basically crushed those three units and would have phased them had it gone one more turn.

Overall I was happy with the list, but only having 1 melta, 2 power fists (i was able to fit another into an Assault squad.) and a TL LC as my only vehicle killing power wouldn't have held up against mech, but I will be able to build another list specifically for that and be able to run two different armies (complete with two different sets of models).