PDA

View Full Version : 1850 tournament BA. Looking for Comment

blackjack
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Mephiston

Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack, Power Weapon.
Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack, Power Weapon.

10 Assault Marines, 2 Meltas, Power Fist, Inferno Pistols
10 Assault Marines, 2 Meltas, Power Fist, Inferno Pistols

5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Sniper Rifles, Cammo Cloaks
5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Sniper Rifles, Cammo Cloaks

Baal Predators, Twin Assault Cannons, 2 Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile, Search Lights
Baal Predators, Twin Assault Cannons, 2 Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile, Search Lights

Predator, Auto Cannon, 2 Las Cannon Sponsons, Search Lights

1850pts

Snipers are both objective holders and bait for counter charges by Meph and Assault Marines.

Please C&C.

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Mephiston!!!

Tell me how he much he kick butt!

R u deep striking one squad of assault marines, while the other moves up with Mephiston?

Here's a suggestion:
Ditch both HK missiles (+20 points)
Change one Predator Destructor to a Vindicator with a Siege Shield (-20 points).

Now, you have a serious piece of armor that will advance forward and provide LoS blocking for Mephiston.

HQ 250
250 Mephiston
Lord of Death

ELITES 180
180 Sanguinary Priests
2 Priests, 2 Jump Packs, 2 Power Weapons

TROOPS 700
250 Assault Marines
10 Marines, Powerfist, Infernus Pistol, 2 Meltaguns
250 Assault Marines
10 Marines, Powerfist, Infernus Pistol, 2 Meltaguns
100 Scout Squad
5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, 4 Sniper Rifles, Camo-Cloaks
100 Scout Squad
5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, 4 Sniper Rifles, Camo-Cloaks

FAST ATTACK 292
146 Baal Predator
Hv Bolter Sponsons, Search Light
146 Baal Predator
Hv Bolter Sponsons, Search Light

Hv SUPPORT 428
156 Vindicator
Tank, Siege Shield, Search Light
136 Predator Destructor
Tank, Lascannon Sponsons, Search Light
136 Predator Destructor
Tank, Lascannon Sponsons, Search Light

Strategy wise, I would keep a Sanguinary Priest near those scouts to keep them alive for as long as possible, then move up to engage.

blackjack
04-13-2010, 11:31 AM
That is an Awsome Suggestion! I think I will do just that!

Tynskel
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I wanna hear how Mephiston is. He sounds awesome to me- but I want to hear about him in action!

blackjack
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Mephiston did pretty darn well on his first try out.

A quick summary of my first battle using Mephiston against a competitive Guard Build.

My List

Mephiston Lord of Death.

10 Assault Marines, 2 Meltas, Fist, Inferno Pistol
10 Assault Marines, 2 Meltas, Fist, Inferno Pistol

5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Cammo
5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Cammo

2 Sanguinary priests, Jump Packs, Power Weapons

2 Baal Preds, Twin AC, HB Sponsons

3 Preds, Auto Cannon, Las Cannon Sponsons

1850pts

His List (AS close as I can remember)

Col Straken, Command squad with 4 meltas, Chimera.

Inquisitor Lord (for the old school hood.)

2 Vet Squads, Meltas, Flamers, and at least one demo pack, in 1 Chimera each.

1 squad of 20 with 2 Auto Cannons

2 Vendedtas (3 twin las cannons) with Vets and Melta

1 Valk with vets and3 melta in reserve.

The game was spear head, with 5 objectives.

My due to poor objective placement my opponent won to place first and picked a quarter with 3 objectives in it. One objective was exactly in the middle of the board (so my opponent and I each shared it.) and one objective was in a neutral quarter so my opponent started the game with a substantial advantage.

My Preds and his Vendies shot it out all game with my preds losing badly.
His Medusas kept my jump troops at bay as there was little cover in the middle of the board, making an assault on his quarter almost impossible.

My snipers did thier job, going to ground and making my opponent waste a fair bit of fire power. Then luring Straken and command into a charge which put him in counter charge range of Mephiston.

In a substantial bit of luck his 3 melta vet squad in out flanking Valk whiffed against one of my Baals and were both destroyed in the following turn.

The main event was Meph, for the first 3 turns his wings power was shut down by the enemies old school hood, in 3 turns he tried to cast 9 times, He once rolled snake eyes for a perils wound and each time the inq hood shut him down. Then on turn 4 he finally started to move. (thank god you can cast the same non shooting psi power more than once per turn…) In the end he killed a Chimera, Straken, Straken’s command squad, the Inq lord, and a unit of Vets. At the end of turn 5 he was also contesting an objective. When meph can move he destroys everything.

In the end of turn 5 I held on objective my opponent held one and I was contesting an objective with Meph (who had 3 wounds left). We ran out of time can called it but the dice said there should have been at least one more turn to play. As Meph was facing 6 twin linked las cannons, and a ton of melta, AC and las gun shots my opponent almost certainly would have won in the next turn however.

So a fairly close game but a loss for the BA. Given my bad intial setup I was pretty happy with my performance. If I had the quarter with all the objectives in it I think I would have done quite well.

At the end of turn5 I had racked up 11kp (5 of them due to Meph alone.) my opponent had 6kp off me.

blackjack
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
any other comments on the list?

Tynskel
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
where was the inquisitor lord?

blackjack
04-20-2010, 04:07 PM
The Inq Lord Jacked a Chim from one of the troops. His hood is table wide so it did not matter.

Tynskel
04-20-2010, 05:05 PM
to me, it sounds like if you went against this list, and they started on the board, I would reserve my entire force.

Those preds have the advantage of moving 6" and firing everything, and can hit across the board.