PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels, 2000 pts.

Dantethegolden
04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I finally got around to drawing up a list that I'm ready to playtest. Gonna try it this weekend. Let me know what you guys think.

HQ
The Sanguinor 275
Reclusiarch (combi-melta) 140

ELITE
Sanguinary Priest (Lightning Claw, combi-melta) 75
Libby Dread (Blood Lance, Shield, EA, searchlight) 191

TROOPS
Assault Sq. (Fist, Razorback w/EA, HB, searchlight) 161
Assault Sq. (Fist, Meltagun, Rhino w/EA) 165
Tactical Sq. (+1 Marine, Meltabomb) 111
Death Company (+3 DC Marines, Rhino) 170
Death Company Dreadnought 125

FAST
Baal Predator (HF sponsons, searchlight) 140
Baal Predator (HF sponsons, searchlight) 140
Vanguard Vets (Jump Packs & Lightning Claws) 225

TRANSPORTS
Drop Pod (Locator Beacon) 45
Drop Pod 35

The idea behind this is:
-Reserve everything
-Reclusiarch rides with the DC. I tend to roll poorly, so having re-rollable hits/wounds is good
-Sang Priest rides in the Rhino with the assault squad, buffing them.
-Libby Dread lands in the drop pod (with the locator beacon) turn 1, uses Blood Lance on vehicles
-The vets use the locator beacon to accurately deep strike near squads that have just been evicted from their rides, and using heroic intervention, cut them up a bit.
-The DC Dread rides in on the other pod where needed, Baals outflank, etc.
-The Sanguinor comes down and wrecks ****, and also makes one of my Sgts. Str. 10 (powerfist), basically a dreadnought riding in a Rhino
-The tactical squad walks onto an objective in the backfield to claim it, hopefully drawing little attention.

On a side note, I've heard people talking a lot about giving their Sanguinary Priests power weapons, and giving the whole vanguard squad power weapons. Why would you not instead give them the Lightning claws? (as I have done) The claws are the same price, but they re-roll to wound. No brainer, right?

pgarfunkle
04-15-2010, 03:09 AM
In regards to the lightning claws I think most people give stick with power weapons because with a single claw you do not get an extra attack for 2 combat weapons.

I like the sudden pounce of the army, you're lacking long range fire power but from the sounds of it the army will be suddenly in the face of the enemy so it shouldn't be a problem.

Looking forward to hearing how the list performs.

Dantethegolden
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
a claw should still grant the extra attack, right? when a termie has two, he counts as having two close combat weapons. a regular marine would have a claw and a bolt pistol, so that's two close combat weapons.

lobster-overlord
04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
But Lightning Claws, Thunder hammers, and Power Fists only confer the second CCW attack when they are used in pairs, so you do NOT get the extra attack with only one claw or fist and a different CCW. Pg 42, BRB.

I like this list. Very similar to what I am thinking as well.

Dantethegolden
04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
ah yes, that's the next column over. good catch. still, since they're veterans (the vanguards, i mean) they have an extra attack anyways. perhaps having that re-roll on the wound will make it worth it. I'm gonna proxy the playtest before i build em anyways. Also, i'm not paying the $42 bucks for the Vanguard kit. I'm gonna get a regular assault squad and use all the extra blingy bits from the Death Company kit. (those jump packs are soooo cool)

Tynskel
04-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I would ditch the Tactical Squad--- Take Assault Squad with a Meltagun and Jump Packs.

I understand the Lightning Claw vs Power Weapon fight:
Here's some interesting 'facts'
Power Weapons: 20 Attacks on the Charge
Lightning Claws: 15 Attacks on the Charge
What is better? Lightning Claws are better if you are facing Marines- Power Weapons are better if you are facing large squads.

I also recommend that the sanguinary priest have a Jump Pack and join the jump assault squad (the one that replaced your Tactical squad). Reasoning: High chance that both the Vanguard and the Assault Squad will enter play same turn. You want the Vanguard Veterans to benefit from Feel No Pain and Furious Charge-- Nothing is scarier than a power weapon/Lightning Claw squad-- Except for one with Furious Charge!

Dantethegolden
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Point well taken. The Assault squad will cost the same, but i'll have to find a few more points somewhere to give the priest a jump pack. Easily done. I may just remove some Extra Armor from the vehicles, but it usually comes in SO handy...