PDA

View Full Version : Salamanders book...

Sparda
04-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Every time in the book that I start to read about stuff from Iagon's and Tsu'gan's point of view I feel like I'm watching 90210 or some other drama on MTV, I get how its suppose to be the whole "Omg the company master sucks and I have to replace him" sort of stuff but it just feels overly dramatic to me, and the part that everyone's so emo about the former captains death bothers me to. their Space Marines but not use to people dieing...? I can understand the feeling of loss but once again their Space Marines, but Salamander makes me feel like I could picture them shopping in Hot Topic and writing in there diaries at night. Other from that great book even though I'm only halfway through, just wanted to know if anyone feels the same way.

AirHorse
04-15-2010, 03:57 AM
I didnt have any problem with them mourning the captain so much. Yes they are space marines, and as such are indoctrinated to hold honor and duty in extremely high esteem. They failed in their duty to their captain so why is it such a big deal that they had trouble dealing with the stain on their honor, and the weakness in themselves that it reflects?

Sparda
04-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Shouldn't they be trying to better themselves instead of loathing themselves so that something like that wouldn't happen again? Besides for that part the book gets way better after crash. And it wasn't that part that bothered me most is was how Tsu'gan and Iagon were acting about the new captain, shouldn't they of trusted the chapter master with his decision?

Schnitzel
04-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Obviously they're tainted as they has some degree of free though that diverges from the opinions of their superior officers. :P