PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Points of Ragnar Heaven

Unholy_Martyr
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I think that this is really just self explanatory...a nice punch in the face to anyone who wants one :D

H.Q.

Ragnar -240

Elites

3x Wolf Guard
2x Power Fists, 1 Power Weapon, Land Raider Crusader: Extra Armor, Multi-Melta -379

Troops

Blood Claws 15x
Power Weapon -240

Blood Claws 15x
Power Weapon -240

Grey Hunters 10x
2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Power Fist -205

Grey Hunters 10x
2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Power Fist -205

Fast Attack

Land Speeder
Typhoon Missile Launcher -90

Land Speeder
Typhoon Missile Launcher -90

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader
Multi Melta, Extra Armor -275

Land Raider Redeemer
Multi Melta, Extra Armor -265

Land Raider Redeemer
Multi Melta, Extra Armor -265

Total: 2504

Tynskel
04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
forum posting error: Please Continue to the next posting.

Tynskel
04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
If this is 'Ard Boyz, you are over by 4 points--- That won't work!

Only the wolf guard squad can start in the Dedicated Land Raider- other squads will have to embark after the game begins.

Suggestions:
4 Land Raiders is a bit rich ditch a the Dedicated Land Raider (275) and a Blood Claws squad (240). Use the 511 points for other gear.

2499/2500

HQ 240
240 Ragnar

FAST ATTACK 300
120 Land Speeder Squadron
2 Land Speeders, 4 Hv Bolters
90 Land Speeder
Typhoon Launcher
90 Land Speeder
Typhoon Launcher

ELITES 504
125 Mortis Dreadnought
Dread, 2 Twin-linked Autocannons
255 Wolf Scouts Squad
10 Scouts, Mark of the Wulfen, 2 Plasma Pistols, 1 Meltagun, Melta Bombs
124 Wolf Guard
3 Wolf Guard, two with Powerfist and Combi-Melta, one with Power Weapon and Plasma Pistol

Hv SUPPORT 805
275 Land Raider Crusader
Multi-Melta, Ex Armor
265 Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta, Ex Armor
265 Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta, Ex Armor

TROOPS 650
205 Grey Hunters Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Standard
205 Grey Hunters Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Standard
240 Blood Claws Pack
15 Marines, Power Weapon

That Land Speeder Squadron will be a pain in the rear: 12 Hv Bolter Shots a turn!
You also have some flexibility in your deployment. And, you'll still have the strong Iron Wall of 3 Land Raiders.
The Mortis Dread takes precious melta fire away from transports and redirects it to tanks. The Mortis is one of the best Space Marine Transport poppers for your points.

Unholy_Martyr
04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Well this definitely is not a list that I would personally bring to 'Ard Boyz as it just isn't my style, it is more of a "funzies" list that I would consider for local tournaments and the such.

Starting outside of the Land Raider on the first turn really doesn't bother me. I don't foresee anything very nasty showing up to land on that squad in the first turn.

10 Wolf Guard scouts is kind of well...counter productive. The best thing these guys have going for them is that 5 of them can make an entire Army shift off balance. And well...I'm not a fan of spending the same amount of points as a Land Raider on a unit of scouts.

Mortis Dreadnought would be so out of place in a force like this it wouldn't be funny. He'd be slogging it while the whole army is on the move. I would rather take a Wolf Priest to make Ragnar and Friends much more ridiculous.

*shrugs* guess no one wants to have fun with 30-90 Blood Claws.