PDA

View Full Version : Where do the different Imperial Guard rules come from?

odinsgrandson
04-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Where do the different IG rules for Space Hulk come from?

Ok, I've been reading through the Space Hulk Bible, and I've also been reading through the Barsoom website and I've come across two very different sets of IG rules.

The Barsoom version has some basic squads of guardsmen fighting through the hulk- they actually have a com link officer to call for help if most of them get killed. They also have a version with Storm Troopers instead of basic guard.

The Space Hulk Bible version has squads of Guardsmen- ratlings and ogryns that you can put together play using the bidding system or point buy system.

All together, I know that both sources have some home brew rules in them. Are both of these home brews? Are they both from White Dwarf/Citadel Journals? Was one made for the 2nd ed Space Hulk Game, and the other for the 1st?

Commander Dante
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Where do the different IG rules for Space Hulk come from?

Ok, I've been reading through the Space Hulk Bible, and I've also been reading through the Barsoom website and I've come across two very different sets of IG rules.

The Barsoom version has some basic squads of guardsmen fighting through the hulk- they actually have a com link officer to call for help if most of them get killed. They also have a version with Storm Troopers instead of basic guard.

The Space Hulk Bible version has squads of Guardsmen- ratlings and ogryns that you can put together play using the bidding system or point buy system.

All together, I know that both sources have some home brew rules in them. Are both of these home brews? Are they both from White Dwarf/Citadel Journals? Was one made for the 2nd ed Space Hulk Game, and the other for the 1st?

There are no official rules for Imperial Guardsmen for 1st edition. However, in Citadel Journal #25 & #34 they did have Imperial Guard rules for 2nd edition.

You can use these product inventories to see all the items you'll need to have a complete Space Hulk collection.
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~tezzajw/product.htm

http://www.zachary.org/games/40kcatalog.php