PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2k army

gcsmith
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, so considering the strengths and weaknesses of HE by my own , and with my own opinion :) this is the list Ive got, Hopefully its ok but any suggestions.

Lords/Heroes:
Teclis: 475
Mage level 2 with ROF 175
Mage level 2 with annulian crystal 175
noble armour of caledore, Guardian Phoenix, lance , Giant eagle, 189

Core:
10 archers 110
10 archers 110
10 archers 110
10 archers 110

Special:
5 reavers with bows 105
5 reavers with bows 105

Rare:
Repeater bolt thrower 100
Repeater bolt thrower 100
Eagle 50

this totals at 1914 so a few points to play with.

The idea of this list is to use the eagle to stop march, the noble to take down warmachines and things like Gyros and skirmishers, This can be supported by the reavers who will use flee and rally/move as normal to try and keep combatants out of my hair. The bows will try to focus shooting all at one or 2 units at a time, with the magical strengths of HE supported by 3 good mages. on average I will have 13 PD and 6 DD so the idea is the target other wizards units 1st.

What do you guys think, and what should I add or remove?

Lord Azaghul
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the new skaven could give you some trouble. My dwarves wouldn't be too bother by the list though.

Looks like you'll be staying out of combat as much as possible, so fast attacky armies are probably going to give you the most problems - oddly enough though the list should do well against both VC and DoC.

What's the point of the nobel? If your going magic/shoot just commit to it. Why not take a 3rd level 2?

Remaining points: another eagle and MU for the archers.

gcsmith
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I did have another eagle, and the combat hero is for kicks really, I like feilding something that can cause some havoc, and with 2+5+ and 20" move, the ability to 'khain' warmachines more reliably. Admitadly I could just add another lvl 2 with tricksters and dispel scroll? or 2 dispell? what would u take out of that. Also why the musicians, and :p ill makesure i have 2 eagles either way cus my friends were guffing them and saying they are crap, and im like, Am I the only one who thinks they are good for HE?

Lord Azaghul
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Eagles are awesome! Nice and cheap, desposible, and still very game changing, between march blocking, warmachine hunting and rerounting frenzies...they're danged useful!

The noble does make more sense as alone charger, or something to break up light cav, and what not. But would 2 extra spells a turn be more helpful? Or a couple a scrolls?

MU: well what is some lowly little dwarf player cause them to run and you want that +1 to rally? or you get charged my fast cav and CC is a draw? The MU can come in handy! Espeically for a couple of points.

I typically send my wolf and spider cav with the MU upgrade just for all those reasons!

gcsmith
04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Cool Ty for the advice, But with spider riders etc a flying hero would kinda be nice against that wouldnt it? same with all Fast cav.

Lord Azaghul
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
That's about what he amounts too! Keeping harpies and other FC of you bolt throwers, but you may already have enough shooting and magic to accomplish that.

gcsmith
04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Only if i learn to play right. Firstly Ive got BT to buy, or watever :p
then design all bar 2 bolt throwers and 10 archers around a Scenic base of holding a hill :p for cabinet and tourney movement purposes :p

addamsfamily36
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Can i ask where you plan to place teclis, for general deployment i.e in or out of a unit etc.

as for the list as a whole here are my thoughts:

-the rare choice eagle needs some back up, you could tag him along with the lord, but a stand alone great eagle is going to die very quickly.

-reavers, wow i haven't seen these guys been played too much recently, i used to know a guy who maxed out on them. they are nice, But would they be better traded in for a defensive unit? or perhaps a shaow warrior unit (one of my personal favorites lol :D), they are skirmishers, great for blocking march moves and can be a real pain in the arse.

- core is fine youv'e gone for all archers and gone for it thats a good decision.

- 2 bolt throwers nice i would maybe try and take one - two more if you can work them into the points

- i think your noble is good, as 13 power dice is plenty, i play a 3 mage list myself with alith anar as my prince/noble, hes not great in combat but again a nuisance and with a 4 up ward hes still a lord choice so packs a good stat line for an elf. and too much magic often results in that eventual miscast that can be devastating lol.

- im not a fan of the magic items taken by the mages, both 40 point options that well annulian crystal, for poitns u coudl take a scroll plus jewel of dusk. one gives u a garunteed dispell the other +1 power dice (great on a level 2 who finds himself being able to use his 3 plus as many arym power dice he ca get his hands on if teclis doesnt steal em lol).

as for the ring. its been a hit and miss item for me so again i would take other items such as seer staff or something but thats a personal choice.

as a whole the main structure of the army works. but i agrre a fast pace army or knight army is goign to be on you very quickly and theres not alot thats will repel it once its broken through your firing line.

gcsmith
04-16-2010, 01:53 AM
The thing is Reavers are there for flanking and supporting the eagles. There are no 'fast' armies im scared of other than the 30" skaven unit. Given that such armies rarely have warmachine support I can use my eagles to harass and frenzy pull away from my ranks. same with reavers, cept my reavers can flee and ralley and move as normal. admitadly i should swap anullian for that ty :p

Khiran
04-16-2010, 04:24 AM
I would almost get rid of one of the units of revers and put a unit of phoeix guard on the table. That way Teclis has a nice strong unit to hide in, and give them the banner that gives you a d3 power dice (can not remember the name of it)

gcsmith
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
banner of sorcery which would easily make a unit more expensive than reavers :p