PDA

View Full Version : A Dark (yes Dark!) Angels Greenwing 1500pt List

eagleboy7259
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
The list I've been thinking of runs two ways, as a split Greenwing - Ravenwing or wholly Greenwing. The split Raven - Green is put wholly in reserve and the hope is that it can pop tanks and the like as it comes in. The other thought would be to run that section of the Greenwing and then try to take enough of "everything else" that it tricks the enemy into running towards me and then dropping in behind them. The thought with the Company Veterans is that it's 10 plasma shots on the turn they come in, the should be able to wipe out whatever they are shooting at in theory. It's fluffy-ish (Okay GW 4th ed crack pot DA have lots of plasma cuz they're really old fluff)

===All Greenwing 1500pt list===
Chaplain - plasma pistol - 115pts

Venerable Dreadnought - multi-melta, heavy flamer, heavy flamer, drop pod - 220pts
Company Veterans - additional veteran, 2 plasma guns, 2 combi-plasmas, 2 plasma pistols, drop pod- 250pts
Company Veterans - 2 plasma guns, 2 combi-plasmas, 1 plasma pistol, drop pod - 215pts

Tactical Squad - meltagun, rhino - 125pts

Predator - auto-cannon, side lascannons - 130pts
Predator - auto-cannon, side lascannons - 130pts

Total - 1495pts

===Mix Green-Raven 1500pt list===
Sammael - land speeder - 205pts

Venerable Dreadnought - multi-melta, heavy flamer, heavy flamer, drop pod - 220pts

Tactical Squad - additional marines, meltagun, powerfist, drop pod - 250pts***
Tactical Squad - additional marines, meltagun, powerfist, drop pod - 250pts***

***or that company veteran set up from the first list***

Ravenwing Attack Squad - 2 meltaguns, multi-melta attack bike - 190pts

I don't know if I'm an idiot for thinking it might work, whether this would be 10x better in the vanilla 'dex (as it often is) w/ Khan & Sternguard or Tacts...

Tynskel
04-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Dark Angels excel if you use mixed Deathwing and Ravenwing.-- one of them as troops, backed up by one or two squads of the other. Not too many of either, however- you won't have enough guys.

You are on the right track with the Tacs with Razorbacks. That's a great way to back up the rest of the force.

I also recommend Mortis Dreads-- they are in the Imperial Armor book-- exact same cost as in Space Marines... I am pissed space marines have Mortis Dreads and Dark Angels don't--- EVEN THOUGHT THE MORTIS IS A DARK ANGELS VARIANT!!! 2 Twin-Autocannons are great!

Ok enough rant--- and I don't even have a Dark Angels army!!

Also, I hope you use Space Marine wargear too-- weapon profiles, FNP apothecaries, Storm Shields that make sense. If your opponents don't allow you, they are douchebags.

Your first list is simply better as Vanilla Gorilla. The Second is on the right track. Dark Angels bikes are the best in the game. BUT you pay through the nose for those teleport homers: Use them.

eagleboy7259
04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Mixed Raven is always nice, I like to run it first as a Ravenwing list and then fill in 2 squads of Deathwing. It works for me, but I guess I was wondering if Plasma Spam squads could work outside of taking them on Imp Vets in Chimeras.

Tynskel
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
If you are going bike heavy, I think it is worth investing on a Plasma Death biker squad-- if you are worried about Gets Hot! you could always take Sammy the Flying Mo'Fo, and give the bike squad a Apothecary.