PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Heresy

Magos
08-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Becouse I always find these threads fun to start. And before anyone posts the link. Yes, I know there is an alternate heresy thread on B&C. But that doesnt mean we cant have one here.

I came up with a list of the different legions for a possible switch. I didnt do the common thing and switch all of them, just some of them.

Loyal
World Eaters (This is a weird one, but I always thought that the world eaters could have stayed loyal if the
Emperor had actually helped Angron out.)
Thousand Sons (Magus doesnt piss off the Emperor, manages to work things out)
Emperors Children (Fulgrim doesnt bother with the Laer Temple. Whoever takes it does end up turning traitor though. Perhaps the EC end up as a split legion)
Blood Angels (I cant see them turning, ever)
Alpha Legion (Tells the Cabal to Bugger off pretty much, I like the Alpha Legion to much, they would be great to have around)
Imperial Fists (Dorn is a prick, but a loyal prick)
Death Guard (Typhus Falls down a flight of stairs, or something.)
Raven Guard (They always seemed loyal to me)
Iron hands (Meh, again, see above)

Traitor
Ultramarines-(They get delusions of grandeur, and jealousy. Pride commeth before the fall?)
Space Wolfs (Someone needs to go SLAANESHI. Yeah, its weird, but think about it, Viking lifestyle has alot of excess in it. It could work really well.)
Dark Angels (L'Johnson sees writing on the wall, and goes Chaos. Swears Allegience to Tzeentch)
White Scars (Khornate=Mongols)
Word Bearers (They started it, still will)
Iron Warriors (Angry, hate Rogal Dorn, Chaos has better options)
Night Lords ( Goes Nurgle, odd, but they do strike silently from the shadows, and are hard to eradicate)
Sons of Horus (Largely unchanged)
Salamanders (Not really sure on this one, but Im figuring something bad happens to Nocturne. In a bizzare parady of the cannon, it would be interesting to have the Salamanders be a Legion that abhors life.....)

entendre_entendre
08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
typhus falls down the stairs, classic! a perverse Russ... don't get me started on that visual <shudder>
i would love to see Horus & Gulliman duke it out for leadership of the heresy (they wouldn't get along)
on another note, isn't the Alpha Legion still loyal to the emperor? Legion implied as much. or have they finally succumbed to the temptation of Chaos? that's the mystery isn't it? OOO! Conspiracy! DAHDAHDAAAAAHH!!

Magos
08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Honestly, I just drove from Memphis, so Im rather tired, and cant think of a good way to write Typhus out. I just think he was a really retarded reason for the Death Guard to go Nurgle. I mean really, its not even ever explained why Typhus wanted to worship Nurgle.

Yeah, my sense of humor is rather disturbed, so the idea of drugged out space wolves ripping people apart, and loving the sensation of battle, then drinking warp spawned mead....

Eh, its implied the Alpha Legion is still loyal, but who the hell knows. I just like the idea of Alpharius just telling the Cabal
"NO" and hopefully killing them as well.

Emperorsmercy
08-07-2009, 09:33 AM
What if the Fallen Angels beat the Loyal Dark Angels in their little civil war? That could have been good.

DuskRaider
08-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I always thought a cool idea would be if the Sons of Horus refused arcane practices to heal Horus and he perished due to his wounds. The Mournival would take command of the Legion, they'd already know the Word Bearers were behind it. In the meantime, Lorgar has swayed Gulliman into becoming the Traitor Warmaster on Calth.

Mournival attempts to contact the Emperor but communication through the Warp is all but impossible. Magnus realizes what's going about and assembles his Legion to come to the Sons of Horus' aid. At the same time, Gulliman has brought Russ and Dorn to his side. Once word has finally spread, the lines are drawn. Death Guard and Emperor's Children stand by their close allies, the Sons of Horus. Angron is itching for a chance to finally duke it out with a worthy adversary (Russ), the Night Lords still go whacko and off into their own thing, Alpha Legion is still under the impression Chaos needs to win. Perturabo savors the chance to destroy Dorn still and backs his father.

Sanguinius is seething at the opportunity to avenge the death of his favored brother. Khan is possessed by the Spear of Dorn, which is the vessel of a Tzeentchian daemon. Vulkan and Ferrus Manus attempt to reason with Gulliman, Vulkan is killed in the ensuing battle and Manus loses his hand. Dark Angels are still sitting on their arse deciding what to do. The classic battles and Siege of Terra ensue.

In the final confrontation, Gulliman kills Magnus aboard his capitol ship, the Emperor comes aboard and destroys him utter whilst being mortally wounded at the same time.

Sanguinius forms the Codex Astartes with the backing of Fulgrim, Manus, Jonson (who decides he's a good guy now), and Perturabo. Initially Mortarion and Angron resist, but are brought into the fold after Angron brings his most potent sons to a distant planet and battles Russ to a stand still. Mortarion just gives in and agrees.

Magos
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Also a good one. Having Magnus die aboard the flagship is interesting, but makes sense. Perhaps Magnus rips open the sheilds stopping people from teleporting it....

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-09-2009, 12:02 AM
nahh I can't see the wolves going to7 chaos, they are too honourable, the whole reason the emperors children fell was the whole ' perfection at all cost' thing. Vikings are too suspicious of magic. If anything, they would fall deep into the curse of the wolfen and go khornate. No, sanguinius or guilliman would be better cdidates for slannesh, say if horus didn't die and stayed loyal, sanguinius (or more likeley guilliman) would grow jealous of horus and seek for a way to make themselves better. speak of the devil, a slanneshi deamon in a guise of a custodes shows up, tells him that horus is growing too powerful, ask him to eliminate horus, in exchange for his undying servitude as his champion( very unclearly, in a traditional pact with the devil fashion). said primarch accepts, assasinates horus, and gets possesed.

Magos
08-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, the other option for Khorne is that if the Space Wolfs worship Khorne as the god of martial honor, and by fighting for him they are destined to a vahalla of sorts.....

Slaaneshi Ultramarines is an utterly awesome concept.

Jearden
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I have a hard time seeing Russ turn on the Emperor. Honor means a lot to the Space Wolves, if Russ disagreed with the Emperor that strongly, I can see him walking into the Imperial Palace and challanging him to a Honor Duel before he would betray him. I just dont think that betrayal of that kind is in Russ' nature. He would sacrifice his life before his honor.

If they were to go to Chaos for whatever reason, it would TOTALY be Khorne tho lol.