Fast attack
Baal pred with assault cannon heavy bolters and extra armor

Heavy support
Pred with autocannon and 2x laz

Pretty much lots of predators with 1 super squad in a land raider to either smash face or draw fire depending on the situation. Assault units can be spit to tank hunt or stay together with the priest for feel no pain. 9 lazcannons to hopefully deal with some enemy armor and transports.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 11:29 AM
wheres death company tycho going? i only ask as he's not an independant character, so cant join the death company as far as im aware.

Wells
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
what?? oh crap i have to change that then. how is he not an IC if he is an hq choice?? what he always has to run around by his lonesome? well ill change my hq then def

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
My Blood angels codex is back at home (im at uni currently and local GW is a poor one) so im not 100 percent sure, but when tycho is normal regular captain he counts as a independent character under his rules. but under the death company tycho rules he loses this. why? i have no idea, but he becomes like the sanguinor and mephiston. or so i believe. again not got the book to hand.

Tynskel
04-17-2010, 12:40 PM
He loses Independent Character because he lost his ability to think tactically.

However, it says he's inducted to death Company, so I am in the camp that means he part of death co.- an upgrade character that you buy as an HQ.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
agree with the reason as to why he loses it, i meant more rules wise- why he didnt maintain it for being able to join the death company, but your point of inducted into the DC is an interesting one as then it matters not if he loses the independant character rule. however i am unsure as to whether or not he definetly does counts as part of the death company wold need to be able to see my book to give an honest opinion :confused:

Tynskel
04-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Your Tactical Squad should really be in a rhino. I'd get rid of extra armor on the Baal Preds. (+45). Change one Baal to Hv Flamer Sponsons (+5). Change one Predator Destructor to a Mortis Dreadnough with 2 twin-linked autocannons (+15). Take the rhino (-50), and add an Infernus Pistol to the Reclisiarch (-15).

The Reclisiarch + Tycho will give 2 Melta shots to Death Co.-- that's good because there will be occasions where you'll run into something big, and you just want it dead, or you'll want to pop a transport and charge the guys that bailed out.

The Mortis is a great Transport Popper. However, you might want to stick with the Pred Destructor (meaning you'll have to ditch the Reclisiarch's Infernus Pistol).

One Baal with Hv Flamers and Assault Cannons gives a bit of flexibility. Not to mention, getting a Rhino for your Tactical Squad is imperative.

Tynskel
04-17-2010, 01:10 PM
agree with the reason as to why he loses it, i meant more rules wise- why he didnt maintain it for being able to join the death company, but your point of inducted into the DC is an interesting one as then it matters not if he loses the independant character rule. however i am unsure as to whether or not he definetly does counts as part of the death company wold need to be able to see my book to give an honest opinion :confused:

This is the ONE thing in the codex that is contentious: Is Death Company Tycho apart of Death Company?
(anyone who says DoA is contentious forgot to read the line that says other deep strikers don't benefit from DoA).
The codex is unclear-- it says he's death company-- you can only have 1 death company (unless you take astorath). This, to me, implies he's apart of Death Company. It makes perfect sense...

However, the rules are not explicit, in this respect- they are vague. Which makes it really hairy for Tournament settings, especially 'Ard Boyz, where people are crazy about every rule.