PDA

View Full Version : Ba codex crazyness with crons

Wells
04-17-2010, 11:36 AM
In the new blood angels codex it mentions that the Blood angels and crons were fighting until nids show up and then they TEAM UP AGAINST THE NIDS! Apparently crons are all snuggly and sensible now and will fight as ppls allies.

gcsmith
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Team up may not have been how it was intended rather, they both stopped killing each other till they had any chance of survival.

Melissia
04-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Which is fairly normal. Deal with the biggest threat first; a full blown tyranid invasion is more important than a few tinheads.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Lol this entry in the codex made me laugh too. Although after the intitial like WARGHH :eek:, you see that its a tactical decision on both parts. The tyranid threat was too great to ignore, and after both sides were too weak to secure victory and they would just end up eradicating each other.

person person
04-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Makes sense to me, they both just thought that tons and tons of bugs were a bigger threat than each other.

Herald of Nurgle
04-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Erm, strange fact: the only problem the Necrons have is that the Nids are stealing their energy. Other than this the Necrons are actually not going to be affected by the Tyranid presence AT ALL - doubly so since, what, they were probably on a 'dead' tomb world?

Extinction Angel
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I think the Necrons might take exception to the Tyranids eating their faces... I know I'd be sorta partial to stopping that ASAP.

Duke
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Here is a simple explnation... The crone updated their software from Microsoft to apple snow leopard... Now they just simply work with you! Lol

Tacoo
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I think the Necrons might take exception to the Tyranids eating their faces... I know I'd be sorta partial to stopping that ASAP.

first im going to state i hate these new battle time graphs in the books, missed the good old battles that were in them, there is not enough information given.

dont have the book on me atm, but does the intry say that they were on a tomb world?

If they are not on a tomb world, then wouldnt it be tactically better for the necrons to phase out, such allowing the space marines to weaken the trynids untill the nids over run the space marines, then once the trynids have finished off the space wolves, for the necrons to have just telleported to a good spot and struck a vital blow, or grab what they wanted on the planet? or take the spacemarines last stand as a distraction to completely disengage and withdraw.

if they are on a tomb world, why were the nids on the planet then since according to fluff, nearly all necron tombworlds are nearly void of living organsims compared to most other planets. so far in fluff the trynids have avoided necron tomb worlds like the plague, since there one of the few races that could effectivly kill the trynids since the necrons dont have anything organic to consume, so the necrons get to phase back to the tomb world and get rebuilt while the nids take losses that they cant replenish since necron guns take apart things at the atomic level, wich would result as a loss of resources that the nids cant retrive till they enter the final stages of the planet consumtion.

sorry for the errors above, ill spellcheck it when i get home

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
04-30-2010, 11:56 AM

Crons don't have much in the way of Bio-Mass.

Extinction Angel
04-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Tyranids eat EVERYTHING. Living metal included. If it ain't nailed down, it gets eaten/melted/pulverized.

However, they don't target necrons mainly because they're harder to digest. They'd never go out of their way to waste a bunch of energy when orks and tau and humans are plentiful, and much tastier.

But if the necrons got caught in the middle of a hive fleet invasion, well, the Great Devourer is an equal opportunity devourer.

I agree it would be absurd if this encounter took place on a Tomb World.

AirHorse
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Tyranids dont eat everything, they eat all organic materials. If they ate everything they wouldnt leave barren wastelands behind them on the worlds theyve consumed.

I think its safe to say that the necrons arent organic, but I dont think it would stop the tyranids from attacking them if they thought there was something to gain from it. Tyranids arent dumb!

Bavius
05-05-2010, 01:44 AM
I'll have to read this bit in the codex, I eat all those little battle stories up. I am curious what exactly they were fighting over when the nids showed up and why the nids bothered attacking the necrons at all.

eldargal
05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
That may not necessarily be the case. All organic life on earth is made up of elements that are quite common in the earths crust, including various metals. Given the armour plated chitinous nature of tyranid anatomy I could see them quite happily munching their way through easily accessible metal sources. The reason they may not devour an entire planet is that it might not be worth there while going down beyond a certain level of the crust when they could jsut move on to easier pickings on another world.

Tyranids dont eat everything, they eat all organic materials. If they ate everything they wouldnt leave barren wastelands behind them on the worlds theyve consumed.

I think its safe to say that the necrons arent organic, but I dont think it would stop the tyranids from attacking them if they thought there was something to gain from it. Tyranids arent dumb!

Extinction Angel
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Exactly, sometimes they don't leave barren worlds in their wake, sometimes they don't leave anything at all. If you read the Ultramarines novel warriors of Ultramar, they are fending off a Tyranid invasion and during the space battle one of the large hive ships actually eats one of the moons (maybe it was a planet, it's been a while since I read it), ripping it into space rocks and consuming whatever it could.

I hear Nightbringer tastes like licorice.

DarkLink
05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Man, if only biology and thermodynamics worked like that in the real world. Then we could just bio-engineer a bunch of plants and shoot them at the moon, and grow ships out of them.