PDA

View Full Version : Starting Malifaux, Gremlins?

Merellin
03-02-2016, 08:20 AM
So, I'm probably going to test Malifaux with a friend within a month or two and I decided I wanna try Gremlins as they seem like fun, but I cant decide what crew box to pick from them.. Are Gremlins good? And what crew box is the best for a newbie?

GentleBen
03-14-2016, 12:17 PM
Most people seem to agree the factions are pretty balanced overall.

I would suggest the Ophelia starter to begin with. It consists of a bunch of characters, and they all have their own rules which makes it a bit complicated. but there isn't any summoning involved so you don't have to worry about buying additional Gremlins, Piglets, etc. Then once you get a feel for it/decide you like it you can start checking out the other stuff. I'd expand from that starter with Burt Jebsen and Merris LaCroix. Here is a good thread on the Wyrd forums to check out: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114418-gremlin-crew-box-to-start-with/

Merellin
04-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Ack! I forgot I had posted here, Thank you for the reply! I still havent gotten to ordering (Will probably order my crew box in a few weeks together with a friend) and I think I will go for Ophelia's crew box. Thanks for the repyly! ^_^