PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

j-orge-287
04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
OK, WFB number 8 is hitting stores in July, what can I do to get my high elf army ready with regard to rules rumours?

Lord Azaghul
04-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Nothing. Buy nothing, sell nothing. Wait for the book to be released or at least confirmed. GW has been pretty tight lipped about all new releases for that last year or so, and rumours do tend to spiral out of control.

So the best advise: just wait.

eldargal
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm finishing off painting my little HE army, and finishing the conversion of my He Elf heru on horsie to a She Elf hero on horsie. Beyond that kind of thing, Lord Azaghul is right.

j-orge-287
04-19-2010, 09:59 AM
thats true, but completing my high elf army is a long overdue project (along with most of my other projects lol) and they dont have that many unit types to buy and you cant go far wrong with them

gcsmith
04-20-2010, 01:59 AM
having started elves recently and only collected around 850 points of elves, 650 of which got me 4th in regional tourney at WHW. It was a doubles :P anyway Just paint and play for now, We will be in the starter set, so that means we shouldnt be screwed over by any new rules. AFter all thats silly. Do don't buy anything, cus if the sets like skull path expect a lot of elves.

j-orge-287
04-20-2010, 09:12 AM
But i dont have a lot of elves and i am really behind on collecting them. And it all depends on when the new set comes out-if it comes out with the main rulebook-unlikley-then i can get it for my birthday :P and buy a load of other elves and have a reasonably sized army

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Just dance a little jig! They're fixing some of the rules. Everyone will be happier.

gcsmith
04-21-2010, 09:00 AM
They are really touching areas which dnt need touching, nerfing a overlly bad army 'brets' and not affecting the armies which need it.

Lord Azaghul
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
They are really touching areas which dnt need touching, nerfing a overlly bad army 'brets' and not affecting the armies which need it.

Its still hard to tell. If the Heavy Cav not marching rule is true, I think it only applies to AS 2+ units, so brets are too bad off. But also remember, just like the Necrons in 5th, someone is going to get shafted.

gcsmith
04-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Lol 40k didnt render a WHOLE army useless.

Lord Azaghul
04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Lol 40k didnt render a WHOLE army useless.

Like I said, I'm don't think many of the rumours or the interaction are completely 100% solid. And I really don't think GW will 100% shaft any army one other than daemons, after all they want to sell you more pretty horseys and knights!:D

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but we shall see what they drop on the table.

j-orge-287
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah, maybe i'll just see what the rulebook says and build on that

eldargal
04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Bear in mind we are seeing onl fragments of the rules. It could be there will be other changes to cavalry which will compensate, we just don't know. It may also be that the rumour stems from a misunderstanding, thats happened several times already.

jaysar87
04-27-2010, 06:46 AM
I just started a Tomb Kings army so I'm just collecting the bear essentials for now.

First off, now is the best time to paint up what you have.

Second, buy Core troops that you're lacking. These hardly EVER change and you'll always be using them.

As for the rules and what's going to be in the new set, don't pay attention to any of it. I have a really close friend working for GW and they are going all out to ensure it doesn't get leaked.

We won't know what the box set armies are until 2-3 months after the release of the new rules, when they release it. The rulebook and box sets don't get released together.

j-orge-287
04-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Well i've just read the latest rumours and it seems they'll favor large blocks of HE spearmen and archers considering two ranks fight and shoot apparently. And smaller blocks of elite infantry get more attacks now as well