PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pt wolfwing

superhappyrobot
04-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm considering building this. I'm about halfway there with models already, and I think this could be fun. 16 models in tactical dreadnought armor (TDA), 2 Dreadnoughts, and two Land Raiders:

Grimnar

Rune Priest, TDA, Combi
-Living Lightening, JotWW

Wolf Priest, TDA, Combi

Lone Wolf, TDA, 2x Fenrisian Wolves, Chainfist, SS

Dreadnought, MM, HF, Drop Pod

Dreadnought, Plasma Cannon, HF

7x Wolf Guard, TDA (Rides w/ Rune Priest in LRC)
-Combi, Frost
-Frost, SS
-2x Claws
-TH, SS
-AC, CF
-Combi, PF
-TH, SS

5x Wolf Guard, TDA (Rides w/ Grimnar in LRR)
-CML, 2x Claws
-Combi, Frost
-Frost, SS
-TH, SS
-Frost, SS

4x Wolf Guard, TDA (Ride w/ Wolf Priest in Drop Pod)
-Arjac
-HF, CF
-Combi, Frost
-2x Claws
-Drop Pod

Don't know which combi weapons to use; meltas are always good, but I could use some flamers for horde control, as well. Plasma guns are always a blast, too. Decisions...

superhappyrobot
04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Any thoughts on the list? Anyone? How about which combi weapons to arm the guys with? Should I shuffle gear around on the guys? The drop pod guys will come in turn one and will need some staying power. Should I throw in a SS on one of them?

Unholy_Martyr
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I think this list would be a blast to play. However, with so few units at this high of a point level, you're looking at one hell of an uphill battle.

In terms of Combi-Weapons, I would most likely take Flamers and Meltas, this way you could thin out hordes and crack open vehicles to ensure extra nasty close combats.

You'll own up close; however, if you face off against anything at range you're going to be caught between a rock and a hard place. Just keep an eye on your guys, keep them moving and don't relent.

That's about all I have to offer.

joescalise
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I do not think you have enough models on the board for a 2500 battle. Also why would you put a Assault cannon with a chain fist. The Terminators already come with a power weapon, you should save a lot of points and just leave some that way. That is why chaos terminators go through imperial ones, they strike at I and kill a few before you get a chance to strike.

Duke Rich
05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I've always wondered what it would be like to play a Logan-Wing army, however I've thought it would be awesome to take units of non-terminator armour WG, give 'em Frost Axes and have at it! A unit of 10 of those guys with Ragnar would destroy a horde army (40-60 attacks on the charge, 40 if you get charged and counter attack) or with Ulrik and pillage anything T5+

You might want to try something like this, a unit or 2 of Power Armour WG may be a bit more squishy, but, you get to run down units if you (somehow) don't kill them all and it gives you the chance to fit into a Rhino, which will then be more points effective, meaning you can have more guys. What you can do if you do that, is then have the Rune Priests in with them and take the 5+ cover save Psychic Power (So you can use that, if you don't pass the test for it, pop smoke).

I personally wouldn't give the 2nd Dread a H. Flamer, 'cos by the looks of it he's gonna be slogging it out, possibly have him with another heavy weapon for taking out tanks, as it looks like your WG should be good for tanking out units.
Taking the WG all with different equipment is good fun, lots of wound allocation can be useful.

If you're taking Arjac, don't forget he doesn't have to be in the unit you bought him with, you can have him with Logans unit if you want, I'm only saying this because you've got him in a drop pod, he needs to be getting into combat. Something I've heard people doing is having him jump out of a Land Raider, Thunder Hammering a transport and then assaulting what was inside, simply because he can!

Hope that helps :D

blackarmchair
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry for the double post

blackarmchair
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
You most assuredly have nowhere near the amount of units you should.

Drop the Lone Wolf, drop one of the dreads, make the terminators 5x man units and try to get like 3-4 of them.

Look at some Deathwing army lists for inspiration.

Something I've heard people doing is having him jump out of a Land Raider, Thunder Hammering a transport and then assaulting what was inside, simply because he can!

Actually, he can't. If he targets the transport then he cannot assault the unit inside of it as they are now a separate unit. Because you can only assault the unit you shot at the transport would be the only thing Arjac would be allowed to assault...

Col.Straken
06-01-2010, 04:44 AM
If you're taking Arjac, don't forget he doesn't have to be in the unit you bought him with, you can have him with Logans unit if you want, I'm only saying this because you've got him in a drop pod, he needs to be getting into combat. Something I've heard people doing is having him jump out of a Land Raider, Thunder Hammering a transport and then assaulting what was inside, simply because he can!

Actually, he can't. If he targets the transport then he cannot assault the unit inside of it as they are now a separate unit. Because you can only assault the unit you shot at the transport would be the only thing Arjac would be allowed to assault...

Actually he Can, its in the rules, under either Assault, or Transports and assault (or around there somewhere).

You can Shoot a transport, then assault whatever falls out, you wouldnt shoot a rhino with a melta then laugh at the guys as they stumble out waiting for them to shoot and assault you would you?