---- Nob w/PK, BP, 'Eavy Armor
-- 29 Boyz, 3 Big Shootaz

Fast Attack:
-- 19 Stormboyz
---- Stormboyz Nob w/PK, BP
-- 19 Stormboyz
---- Stormboyz Nob w/PK, BP

Just pure green tide fun. There are 192 models in this army. 3 Slugga and 2 Shoota would probably be the balance I'd go for.

Melissia
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Alternative Green Tide list, but of a different kind:

HQ:
-- Big Mek: PK, KFF, Cybork
-- Big Mek: PK, KFF, Cybork

Troops:
-- Deff Dread: 3 DCCWs, Skorcha, Grot Rigger

Fast Attack
-- 11 Warbikers
---- Biker Nob w/Power Klaw

Heavy Support:

134 infantry, and five dreads which constantly get a 4+ cover save.

Ferrett
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Whoa, hon, That's alot of metal hugs you're giving the enemy. And all that flame too.

Melissia
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Mmhmm, and completely legal, too. For each Big Mek, you can take a Deff Dread as a troops choice. Meaning you can take up to five, and the Big Mek with KFF is the best support unit for Deff Dreads anyway.

Ferrett
04-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I understand the logic, although personally I like the cover fire a SAG can give. How much does the walker cost on a per model basis?

Melissia
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
That list has 500 points of Deff Dreads. The math is simple :)

Ferrett
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Spoilsport. Have you played with the list? How do the dreads stand up to concentrated bolter fire?

Melissia
04-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Bolter fire, either normal or heavy bolters, cannot hurt Deff Dreads except in rear shots. They have the same armor as Space Marine dreadnaughts.

Ferrett
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
:D I do enjoy your list very much.

Latro_
04-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Have you played on a 6x4 with 192 models before?

Mobious
04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, biggest weakness is that you have no way to put down Mech at range. So I park my fast moving transports in your face and let you assault. 6's to hit mean you will probably do nothing, and next turn you are all clustered up for my flamers. Thank you.

Seriously, I thought 40k was down with 180+ Ork Boyz. Grab some Lootas, some Rokkits, some Biker troops, and call it a day.

Melissia
04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Orks don't ahve much to do that with to begin with, nothing that really fits with a Green Tide list anyway. Lootaz are nice, but they're expensive and function best in a mechanized army to begin with (namely, from within a Battlewagon).

Furthermore, this is a list meant for fun. It is still quite dangerous, but excessive optimization oftentimes makes for boring, generic lists.

Billyjoeray
04-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Grain of salt alert, but I don't know... I've payed games with large mobs of footslogging Orks and if there is anything that I learned from playing them it's that:
1) Orks are like plant Poke'mon, they don't like fire. A couple of heavy flamers and even regular flamers will **** in your waffles and basically trash the whole army. Especially if they come in fast moving landspeeder flavor.
2) having your table edge covered in Orks is pretty boring and doesn't really allow for much tactical flexibility. Basically you're just limited to moving fat mob of Orks #1, #2 and #3, 6 inches forward (and probably less because someone us bound to be in difficult terrain). It makes it a kind of point and click game where you just move your dudes forward and hope for the best.
Maybe it's not just my play style or because I don't derive and particular enjoyment from a table covered in Orks (let alone the prospect of painting that many boyz...), but I just can't justify spending that much money on that many Orks especially when the list is probably not going to be that good. Just my 2 cents.

eagleboy7259
04-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Not an Ork player, but isn't the biggest drawback to the 6 Dreadnought Marine lits that Dreads simply cannot move quicky enough across the board to truly threaten opponents? Even with running isn't that a pretty tall order to try and stick them into assault?

Judge
05-02-2010, 06:20 PM
*Moved to a more suitable thread.

Melissia
05-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Make your own thread talking about it?

As for how I handle massed Boyz, quite easily think you very much. Lots and lots of bolters, flamers and heavy flamers = lots and lots of unsaved wounds = lots and lots of dead Orks.

Judge
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
True - no point wasting time in your thread.

I've gotta say I like your math, though.

Step 1: Buy lotsa bolters and flamers and gunz and stuff.

Step 3: Profit.

Melissia
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Of course I do that. I play Sisters primarily. Bolters and flamers are the bread and butter of the Sisters.

Mobious
05-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Personally I have never had trouble dealing with large mobs of boys. Mainly because I always had the advantage of speed (Jump packs, Rhinos, etc.) and got to choose when and where the fight occurred. But my troubles against Orks arise when something like this arrives:

36 x Lootas
9 x Rokkit Buggies
9 x Rokkit Kans

All supported by either boy mobs, or biker boyz. It still has its issues with high armor and a vulnerable fire base, but honestly what Ork army doesn't?

Melissia
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Considering most Ork armieshave to rely on assault to kill vehicles, well, most Ork armies.

Armies with lots of Zzap Guns can occasionally get lucky, but they aren't reliable enough.

Billyjoeray
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I personally have found that Lootas are the best solution for most Imperial vehicles, with the exception of vindicators and the toughest of the IG Tanks, in which case usually your best bet is assault, an extremely lucky rokkit launcha shot or Deff Rolla. But yeah armor 14 is one of the things that Orks have a serious problem with. That and flamers.

Melissia
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Armor 13 isn't that nice, either. Lootaz only have a chance to glance taht.