PDA

View Full Version : Do any Brettonian provinces border dwarven territory?

Brithian Ranger
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I am quite fond of Dwarves and Brettonians, so I was thinking of making sort of more unruly brettonians, using some dwarven fluff intermingled with the normal brettonian stuff. I saw there was a noble from montfort who is a friend of dwarves but couldn't really understand the map.

thanks in advance.

eldargal
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Almost, there is a Dwarf hold in the Grey Mountains but it is behind the forest of Loren. I see no reason why there might not be smaller Dwarf settlements/mines.trading posts etc in the mountains bordering Bretonnia, if you want there to be.

Lord Azaghul
04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
First off: its a game, do what you want!

But from a fluff points I don't really think the two are very near each other. I think the WE, and Empire is between the primary settlements of both races.

The Ogres are near the empire as well, and the vampires and IN the empire, so that's a fair bit of harmful intent between the two forces.

Scotty
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
If i recall correctly on the Brettonian AB map there is a pass in the gray mountains called The Axe Bite from Parravon to south of Altdorf, I don't have my books on hand to check with Bugman's Brewery to the south and Altdorf to the north that pass should have regular dwarf visitors.

Lord Azaghul
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
If i recall correctly on the Brettonian AB map there is a pass in the gray mountains called The Axe Bite from Parravon to south of Altdorf, I don't have my books on hand to check with Bugman's Brewery to the south and Altdorf to the north that pass should have regular dwarf visitors.

I think in current fluff the brewery has been burned down, and bugman is out with his rangers seeking vengence about the Orcs.

rbryce
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
karak norn, in the grey mountains, and other scattered settlements, mostly smaller mines and trading posts, the dwarfs here are poorer as the mineral deposits arent as great as in the worlds edge. they are often called the "grey dwarfs" by other kazad. thats current fluff in the army book. my dwarfs are grey mountain based, as i reason that forward thinking engineers prefere to experiment as far from the guild as possible. also allows for interesting possibilities force wide, in that you can go true to fluff as well.

Brithian Ranger
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys and gals, your input is greatly appreciated.

Dantronia
04-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Perhaps the Bretonians went on crusade to destroy an Orc Warband in the mountains south of Loren. After they had won the army got lost and had to mingle with the hospitable Dwarf peoples. Then many years later they journey back to Bretonia, changed from years of Dwarven interaction and trading.

Rhoki
04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
The Bretonnian duchy of Parravon has a significant Dwarven population.

Extinction Angel
04-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Historically the Bretonnians have had very good relations with the Dwarves. The Gromril Great Helm was a gift from King Irongut after some questing Knights broke an orc siege of Karaz-a-karak.

Bretonnians hate orcs, dwarves hate orcs, it all works out pretty good for them both.