PDA

View Full Version : Iquisition: Predator crusader & Sentinel Ashey pattern

evil-the-crusade
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello there,

I've been quite some time arround BOLS blog. I sent them this set of rules, and they told me I should post them here ( beacause this is the place to put them eventually:D).
SO here they go:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/evil-the-crusade/marines/predatorcrusader.png

first, a modified version of the baal predator. Point cost based on comparations between GK Land raider Redentor and regular land raider, rihno chasis w/ overcharged engines and regular rihno chasis vehicles.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/evil-the-crusade/marines/Asheypattern.png

This one based from an armoured sentinel. It is thought to be drived by a veteran of the inquisitorial asault troops, so basically inquisitorial guard veterans.

The name comes from a type of cobra which is capable of spitting venom 8" away, I thought it was a perfect way to describe this sentinel

The idea behind this two units is to emphasize the use of "purificating flames" in the inquisition. They tend to like burning things, so both tanks have the hability to take a full flamer combination. The predator is also able to be equiped so it has a quite high ROF. The sentinel itself has acces to the full range of weapons plus an "under cabin" weapon, beacuse inquisitor like having their stuff better than the regular.
Technically it is a walking weapon platform / walking heretic toaste, and to me that is what an inquitior wants; he wants to burn heretics, tear their armies apart, and show no mercy.

So this two units are basically what I think and inquisitor would add to his armoury straigh away. Probably those less known wil have an "Okry pattern" of this such as a regular sentinel having a guardsman with a flamer stuck into the lower hull of the sentinel. Or just plain steal the predator BAAL...

I and hoping to get lots of feedback on how to make this more balanced (though to me they are, they are probably not). Hope you enjoy this, it inspires you to be creative and so.

Thankyou again for taking the time to read this, I apreciate it a lot!

PD: check here my progres on the predator Crusader http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/evil-the-crusade/marines/

Necrosis
04-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Just a quick suggestion for the Sentinel, give it the option to psycannon bolts, for the storm bolter and/or heavy bolter.

murrburger
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm a little iffy about the Sentinel. Why does it have the same armour as a Predator, and why is it tank? I think it should be a little bit flimsier. Also, the extra weapon on it seems kind of unecessary to me.

I was a little worried about the Predator having so many template weapons, but because it's not Fast... it's not so bad.

I tihnk it's a great start. Do you have anything else planned?

evil-the-crusade
04-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Well i've got a 5 man squad that will get rules in time, but they will probably get the sanguinary guard rules, except for the squad sargent, who will get rules from an inquisitor or so.

I am trying to get some background on them before I start with the rules. Bad part of it is that it is written in spanish ( in fact I am 50% spanish, and I live in spain).

But yes, after my pre-university exams, I will try to get more rules on my inquisition army... but that new prism will get in the way... There is no way it can't get in the way:D:D

Have fun!