assualt squad (5) power weapon meltagun=180
razorback-TW lascannon

2 baal predators with heavy bolters and extra armour=320

2 vindicator wiht extra armour=320

total= 1750

anyone have advice plz post

Tynskel
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
switch the vindicators from extra armor to siege shields. That tank is ONLY good moving (15 degree firing arc is worthless unless you can move your tank), and siege shields mean you never take dangerous terrain checks.

Quite frankly, Jawaballs makes VERY boring lists. Oh, they are good at tournaments, but there is no flavor to them--- 2 of those 2 tanks... 3 assault squads equipped exactly the same way... no flavor, no jazz!

They'll do fine- but when you look at the 40 or 50 different units in the Blood Angels army, and this list only has 7 distinct units?

Just a little boring to me...

B-rock
04-24-2010, 08:51 AM
ya i can see that idk i am still toying with this list and i was hoping i could get more than just one persons thoughts

zealotic
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I prefer my priests who pack... jump packs that is, feel no pain makes them a bullet magnet.
You're fielding 3, make it 3 squads of 7 or 8 with packs and they should make any horde player crap their pants, if used properly, and any other player panic at the sheer volume of fire its gonna take.

B-rock
04-25-2010, 07:24 AM
I prefer my priests who pack... jump packs that is, feel no pain makes them a bullet magnet.
You're fielding 3, make it 3 squads of 7 or 8 with packs and they should make any horde player crap their pants, if used properly, and any other player panic at the sheer volume of fire its gonna take.
i thought about running like 50 assault marines with priest but i was told they would get mowed down

i like the way jawaballs uses his list it is very much tactical decision tho and if you mess up you are down for the count

also i am debating on the RB fdo i take TW lascannon or take assault cannons i dont know if the vindicator is enough tank busting

Tynskel
04-25-2010, 12:16 PM
vindicators are back up tank busting- they are for killing anything. Str10, ordnance.

Schnitzel
04-25-2010, 05:50 PM
My advice, throw the whole thing out.
While it may be a solid list, it's a net-list. Where's the pride of creating a list thats 100% (to the best of your knowledge) original.
We've got a beautifully diverse codes here to work with, I'm sure you can craft up something nice as well. And don't ever second guess yourself.

Tynskel gives some pretty awesome advice btw. ;)

DarkLink
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
switch the vindicators from extra armor to siege shields. That tank is ONLY good moving (15 degree firing arc is worthless unless you can move your tank), and siege shields mean you never take dangerous terrain checks.

Between EA and siege shields, I'd personally take EA and just try not to move into cover. However, I'd take both if you could spare the points. As he said, it's only good on the move and stunned/immobilized in terrain are the two things you can easily protect against.

B-rock
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
My advice, throw the whole thing out.
While it may be a solid list, it's a net-list. Where's the pride of creating a list thats 100% (to the best of your knowledge) original.
We've got a beautifully diverse codes here to work with, I'm sure you can craft up something nice as well. And don't ever second guess yourself.

Tynskel gives some pretty awesome advice btw. ;)
i see where your coming from. i don't meant o be a copy cat

Tynskel thank your for the advice i will start from scratch. i really like the death company so...

04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
i thought about running like 50 assault marines with priest but i was told they would get mowed down

i like the way jawaballs uses his list it is very much tactical decision tho and if you mess up you are down for the count

also i am debating on the RB fdo i take TW lascannon or take assault cannons i dont know if the vindicator is enough tank busting

Other people's mileage may have varied from my own, but I frequently find that my squad that ends up doing best is Sang. Guard with a banner, with Dante and a J-pack Priest attached. >.> Usually pretty survivable, depending on how your opponents use P.weapons,plasma, and other weapons on them. My opponents are still pretty new to fighting BA.

Anyways, for some practical advice, I suggest taking the power weapons off of the priests. I know it's tempting, but realistically, you don't want them targeted in CC. If you don't have them in CC, then the P.weapon is wasted; but if you do have them in CC, they're susceptible to being murdered by p.weapons themselves. That frees up about 45 points. >.<

Those 45 points gets your dread a drop pod. Without wings, he's slogging up the field and is susceptible to anti-tank fire. Let me assure you, the most frustrating thing with the BA dreads is when they're immobilized. Your opponent may as well have destroyed them. The drop pod would put on some early pressure, making your dread a threat he has to deal with. Popping smoke on the turn you arrive is always a good idea for the extra security.

Alternatively, those 45 points are enough to keep E-armour AND siege shields on the vindis. :)

As noted, depending on the mission, this list might not fare so well as it's scoring units are susceptible to pretty much anything. Feel no pain on them will be really helpful, but each guy you lose to a power weapon or plasma is going to be really painful.

A different approach that you might consider is swapping that furioso dread to be a librarian dread. I've been having some success running tanks in a ^ formation, with the dread behind them, casting wings to keep up, and then casting shield to help protect them. :) It makes a really scary spearhead, imo. :) However, those 45 points would need to be used on him to make that upgrade. Of course you'd lose the blood talons and still need to make up another 20 points somewhere else. It's especially important to have a dread in that role to have extra-armour.

Anyhow, hopefully there's some thoughts for you in here. Update us if you decide to switch your list around at all. :)

Tynskel
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Between EA and siege shields, I'd personally take EA and just try not to move into cover. However, I'd take both if you could spare the points. As he said, it's only good on the move and stunned/immobilized in terrain are the two things you can easily protect against.

I don't know about you, but my vehicles are built with special tracks designed to get stuck on every piece of terrain.

The Dice Gods (bless them! Hatchi Hatchi Hatchi) like my aim to be true, but my tanks stuck in mud. Every single time (I am dead serious!) I have used a vindicator without a siege shield, I have gotten stuck. Even when I buy dozerblade.

Actually, almost all of my tanks get stuck on a regular basis! I just don't really care to much, because they usually can still shoot. The vindicator has such a small firing arch that unless your opponent likes to walk in front of guns, the Demolisher will never get to fire if it is immobilized.

I did have one funny funny 'Ard Boyz match...

turn1, Vindicator shot and immobilized.
Stubborn Sternguard droppod in turn 2. The get shot to all hell, and Break!

He rolled maximum retreat- placing them, 1) within 6" of my transport (so they cannont rally) the next ran, they ran some more, and ran directly into the sites of my immobilized Vindicator...

I was rolling on the floor laughing so hard--- I have never had a unit end up in front of that gun--I have always had to move it to fire.

Tynskel
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh, one of the best things about Fast Vindicators with Siege Shields is that it is very easy to get 'Hull Down' and fire every turn. The Siege Shield just allows you to roll around in the terrain, lining up a good shot with the safety of cover!

Extra armor is a great thing to buy vindicators too--- 18" is a wonderful ramming speed when you cannot fire your gun. (equates to ~str9-10 hit on the enemy vehicle. Awesome Sauce.)