PDA

View Full Version : Empire Colors

Dantronia
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me if i HAVE to paint my army one of the provincial colors. I have been putting together a revolution of the people color scheme lately but I don't want to get nagged at by the GW guys for breaking a rule.

Lord Azaghul
04-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Absolutely freaking not. You can paint your guys whatever color scheme you want. The pics in the book are just to give you ideas IF you want to paint your army based upon GW fluff.

lobster-overlord
04-26-2010, 08:28 AM
The only one rule that I have ever seen enforced over anything related to paint jobs and color schemes is the "red ones go faster" thing for the orks. As far as any other color scheme goes, the sky (and beyond) is the limit.

My Blood Angles are Orange and Bone (rather than Red and Black), My Ogres are purple, and my Tau are ...well pretty much what you see on the 3rd ed release boxes.

You will likly find that most people are really receptive to originality in your armies, including the use of non-standard colors as well as finding new ways to convert existing models.

It's a hobby first and foremost, so have fun.

John M>

Dantronia
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
thanks guys, that puts my mind at ease. Now to create the Peoples Revolution Empire army. ha ha

Fizyx
04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
One of the armies I had the most fun playing against was an empire army painted to look like a Civil War Union army. The guy even had the hat to match.

Feel free to do what you want. My Tau are jungle themed, lol.