PDA

View Full Version : BA 2500 Flying Chaplin Army of Dooooom!! LOL

Norseman
04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I posted this in another thread and I don't know if everyone saw it.

I would like to hear some critiques on it. Anyone see anything I could add or cut?

HQ
1Reclusiarch Jump MB

Elite
1 Chaplin Jump MB
5 Sang Guard
3 Sang Priest PW Jump

Troop
10 Death Company 3PF 3PW Jump (Cursed Knights)
1 Lamartes (Athaloc)
1 DC Dred Magna BC
10 Assault Squad Melta 2LC Jump

Fast Attack
2 Baal Pred. HB Sponsons

karandras
04-26-2010, 09:10 AM
I like the fluff of the list a lot. All jump packs is how I plan to run my Blood Angels too. That being said, It is awfully small for Ard Boyz. Sort of to be expected with Blood Angels I know, but I still see IG with lots of templates being able to decimate this army. Eldar might be a tough match too, but I think you'll put a pounding on other assault based armies (SM, SW, CSM, Nids). Cool list though!

Eusebius Rex
04-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I like it - I get it. One thing that most don't realize with a list like this is that it always gets to shoot first :) with DoA and melta, so they can only kill you with things that are able to shoot and with FnP on every Assault squad that probably won't be a lot.

I think sponsons on a Baal are just useless as you will be moving like hell to get your 4+ cover or moving 12 to close in with the TL Assault cannon. So, maybe add in some more DC meat shields? The DC Dread could probably use a POD, otherwise I just don't see him lasting long as he'll get shot with everything.

I think you need more fist and hammers. After your first turn of DoA it is nice for every squad in your army to be able to jump over dead vehicles and start shooting into live ones and lining up the multi-assaults. Also, hammers will be needed to kil MC's as you won't be able to shoot them to death, but one unsaved wound with Hammers makes them go I1 in the next round of an assault and that usually means death for even a swarmlord.

I've played with a very similar list (no preds or dreads) against some pretty Mech'd out IG dudes (thought not true leafblower) and they do really well just dropping in and melta + Assaulting with Vanguards in thier first turn.

I think Nids and other assaulty type list (SW especially) are really the bane of this type of list existance. They bring some stuff that can really pump out a lot of shots and still assault very good, so they tend to eat me alive.

blackarmchair
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
In 2500pts you're going to see a lot of armour.

What's your plan for 2 to 3 Land Raiders? Those meltas are likely going to be tied up in close combat without them all ya got is a dreadnought for anti-tank.

Tynskel
04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
If you are going the chaplain route, you should drop the Sanguinary Guard (+200), and get another chaplain (-125). Use the 75 points to give the assault squads 2 meltas (-30) each and the Dreadnought a Drop Pod with locator beacon (-45). Give the Dread Hv Flamer (-10). All your powerfists are lumped in a squad that is uncontrollable. You should give 2 assault squads a powerfist (+10). This will give you a backup plan in case your meltas fail at cappin' the tank (3 str 9 attacks on the charge).

I do think the Dread should be given Blood Talons. Str 10 is really nice for armor bustin', yes, but the Blood Talons will do a decent job at tank bustin'--- but your real tank busters are the DC, and Assault Squads-- you cannot afford for them to be locked in combat- a Blood Talon Dread will be able to make sure your squads are not locked in combat.

Tynskel
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Another route:

HQ 160
160 Reclusiarch
Jump Pack, Melta Bombs

ELITES 275
150 Sanguinary Priesthood
2 Sanguinary Priests, Jump Packs
125 Chaplain
Jump Pack

TROOPS 1445
625 Death Company
10 Marines, Jump Pack, 2 Powerfists, 5 Power Weapons, Lemartes.
240 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Twin Lightning Claws
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Powerfist and Infernus Pistol
135 Assault Squad
5 Marines, Flamer, Twin Lightning Claws
195 Death Company Dreadnought
Blood Talons, Hv Flamers, Magna Grapple
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon

FAST ATTACK 290
145 Baal Predator
Hv Bolter Sponsons
145 Baal Predator
Hv Bolter Sponsons

Hv SUPPORT 330
165 Mortis Dreadnought
2 Twin-Linked Autocannons
165 Mortis Dreadnought
2 Twin-Linked Autocannons

This gives you some serious dedicated firepower to busting transports open, allowing your Meltagun squads to go after tanks. If you are thinking about dropping the Mortis dreads in close, you could equip them with Autocannons and Assault Cannons. The locator beacons give you some tactical flexibility. Also, depending on your opponent, you can drop the Death Comp dread on first go.

As you can see, I am a huge fan of ~5 power weapons in a DC squad. They'll kill anything- they'll even kill a Trygon Prime/Wraithlord before it can strike!

blackarmchair
04-27-2010, 07:19 AM
The second list is better, it has about the same core of troops but adds lots more anti-tank and fire support. I'd love to hear about how that list performs.