PDA

View Full Version : Needing help building a Cthulhu Deamon army

wartoy
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Hello all!

I am wanting to build a Cthulhu based army. Primarily a deamon army so I can use the same models in 40K also.

I am not fermiliur with deamons and somewhat with the Cthulhu mythos. Yes I know... READ.

I would like some direction with what mythos creatures would fit which deamon profile. I am not just wanting to pin Cthulhu names to deamon models. I want this to look as close as I can to correct. Granted I know I will have to do some conversion work to some of the models.

Please send any and all suggestions and help my way.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
These are the abominations (http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=COCMM) you are looking for.

wartoy
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes I found them. More than anything else I am need help placing what Cthulhulian creature would fit in place of which deamon and why. I had really rather convert GW models for those creatures.

Like using ...

Cthulhu in place of the GReat Unclean One.

The keeper of secrets looks fairly good enough with the star fish on his face, just painted differently.

Convert deamonetts and colored differently or maybe lizard men for deep ones ones.

Horrors of Tzeentch look a natural too just colored differenty.

Maybe a beast of nurgle.

I was hoping for a more exact monster for monster but I don't think I will be able to do this corrrectly.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, you've got your work cut out for you with this one. Buy two or three Spawn kits for this army, the parts will be a great help. I'd recommend not just painting normal, unmodified daemons in a different scheme, that won't really get the point across (even if they look cthulhuy).

Personally, I'd match Cthulhu more with a Lord of Change - I know he's physically similar to a Great Unclean One (tall, fat and green), but the dark magic using, mind-obliterating powers of a Lord of Change is more his style. If he is used as a Lord of Change, perhaps use the Cthulhi (smaller spawn of Cthulhu, similar in shape to the big guy) as Horrors. The upcoming river trolls with plenty of chaos spawn parts used to tentacle up the face, add stubby wings and give less oversized hands would make a good model for the big guy himself. For the little'uns, perhaps Genestealer Tentacle-Heads on Ghoul bodies? (Once again, with spawn additions).

Chthonians are worm/squid things. For these, a Beast of Nurgle with its legs replaced by yet more tentacles would work. They'd probably be counts-as Beasts of Nurgle too, but you could get away with using them for anything of the same base size.

Deep Ones would probably be Lizardmen, yeah, most likely Skinks with the weapons removed, and green-stuffed up eyes. You're right on having them as counts-as Daemonettes - they're described as being fairly limber, and moving kinda crazily.

wartoy
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
No thats exactly what I am looking for!!!!

Please by all means keep the ideas coming!!!!!!

scadugenga
04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Feeder tendrils from the tyranids would probably look cool for cthulian like heads