PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels on wheels AKA rhino wall

B-rock
04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
2 reclusiarch=260

2 assault squads 9 man with meltagun in a rhino with extra Armour = 424

2 assault squads 10 man with 2 meltaguns and power weapon in rhino with extra Armour = 510

2 Baal predator with heavy bolters and extra Armour =320

2 vindicator with extra Armour siege shield=340

total is 1854

the plan is simple the rhinos make a wall the Baals on the side of the wall and the vindicator poking through the wall.

if you don't know smite is 12" strength 8 AP 2 assault 4

the rhinos will move 18" and pop smoke the Baal and vindicator will kill like

plz post ideas and thoughts on this list!

Tynskel
04-28-2010, 01:40 AM
hmmm.

Well, for 1 I am not a big fan of spamming units. However, I understand that you are just starting space marines, and it is easier to see how they work with pairs.

So, I would still aim for variety, but have paired variety, instead.

So- something like, 2 Tactical squad (solid fire base), 2 Assault Squad (CC), 2 Baals, 2 Vindicators

HQ 140
140 Reclusiarch
Hand Flamer

ELITES 150
100 Chaplain
50 Sanguinary Priest

TROOPS 956
204 Assault Squad
8 Marines, Twin Lightning Claws, Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Rhino
222 Assault Squad
9 Marines, Twin Lightning Claws, Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Rhino
265 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Missile Launcher
Dedicated Transport: Razorback
265 Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Missile Launcher
Dedicated Transport: Razorback

Hv SUPPORT 312
156 Vindicator
Siege Shield, Searchlight
156 Vindicator
Siege Shield, Searchlight

FAST ATTACK 292
146 Baal
Hv Bolters, Searchlight
146 Baal
Hv Bolters , Searchlight

This gives you a fire and some units to claim home objectives (the 2 Tac Missile Squads). The rest of your army can zoom forward. The Assault squad with the 8 marines will get the Reclusiarch and a the Sanguinary priest-- be sure to keep that priest near both assault squads so they both benefit from Furious Charge and Feel No Pain.

One trick can be to have the assault squad charge, leaving the priest inside the rhino, positioning the rhino such that both assault squads are in range, and your sanguinary priest is safe in the tank. This takes some planning, however.

I do think it might be worth while to ditch one Baal and one Vindicator to take 2 Predator Destructors with Lascannon Sponsons. This will give you a solid anti-tank base with the two missile launchers, 2 combi-meltas, 2 meltas, 2 autocannons and 4 lascannons. Then 30 up close n' personal marines. Supported by a baal, vindicator, and 2 razorbacks.

B-rock
04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
ok ty i will look in to more balance i think that is what i over look when i am building the lists

i am thinking of working the dante and sanguinary guard combo, but it is a expensive combo